Brady

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!

How long do you think Brady is suspended?

He won't be.
35%
2 Games
35%
4 Games
21%
6 Games
6%
Longer
3%

Total votes: 119

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Brady

Postby Kaz » Wed May 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Legacy questions aside, do you think Brady will be suspended following the release of the Ted Wells report? If so, how much/little do you think it will affect the Pats offense early on, and do you think it will play a serious factor in their chance at the playoffs later on this year?
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Brady

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I would have voted for 1 game, but that's not an option.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Wed May 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Sorry, I just went with the most common suspension types, or so I thought. I think it would have been a 1-2 game suspension if he hadn't been so uncooperative and supposedly lied to the league. However, I think they will come down harder on it because of that, equaling a four game suspension. The Patriots offense might be in trouble the first few games since they are already missing Blount.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Probably the investigators will be fined and suspended for trying to tarnish Brady's name
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB- Dowdle, Mitchell
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Wed May 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Bring on Jimmy G......Can't wait to start him week 1. lol
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm

I voted zero, but I may be overestimating the pull that Kraft has with the NFL office.

sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sunnyd23 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I would be pretty surprised if he wasn't suspended. The NFL needs to be perceived as tough, and jeopardizing the integrity of the league is pretty bad. I wouldn't be shocked to see an 6-game suspension with an appeal by Brady that gets it down to 3-4.

And no, I am not a Pats hater.
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed May 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Here's the rub: the report only says that Brady might have had a general idea of what was going on. That gives the NFL the wiggle room out of an otherwise unconditional suspension.

And I'm sure that they can't factor out the fact that Brady's Superbowl-winning Patriots are set to open up the season on Thursday night national television. No way that the NFL wants the whole buzz up to that game to be about Brady's suspension and, therefore, a tarnished SB-winning team. The report -- with it's non-committal language -- gave the NFL it's out.

What a sham(e).
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed May 06, 2015 6:16 pm

I didn't think it said he might have, I thought it said he probably did. Or at least greater than 50%. I'm not sure if Brady's non-cooperation will be factored in or not.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:22 pm

i think ppl who voted no suspension are delusional really. the issue is only half of it. he will be suspended more so for not cooperating with the investigation and lying to them even.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:10 am

I saw a tweet that brought this up, can someone verify?

Brady mentioned during his press conference that he didn't even know this guy's name (the one who handled the balls) or what his role was within the organization. But Brady actually texted him 3 straight days after this news originally came out, after not having texted him for 6+ months?
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell

RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am

kmbryant09 wrote:I saw a tweet that brought this up, can someone verify?

Brady mentioned during his press conference that he didn't even know this guy's name (the one who handled the balls) or what his role was within the organization. But Brady actually texted him 3 straight days after this news originally came out, after not having texted him for 6+ months?
I think he was texting the other guy, Jastremski, not McNally. McNally is the one he said he doesn't know, and I don't think he ever had direct contact with him. All texts went to Jastremski as far as I can tell.

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 am

brady is a filthy lying cheater. he was given these equipment guys kickbacks to deflate the balls. I would do it for a new pair of nikes too. ultimately the league loves the pats so no suspension for brady and a small fine for the pats and maybe a lost 5th round draft pick. realistically, brady should get at least 6 games but I would say more due to the patriots cheating nature. tainted. *

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ppm » Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 am

According to http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/06/nfl-de ... l-analysis Brady was not required by rule to cooperate with the investigation. In fact the NFLPA informed players not to do so. Also, the current rules say punishment for doctoring footballs is only a $25k fine, not a suspension, and there is no hard evidence directly linking Brady.

That said, Goodell has been known to skirt the rules himself and he'll probably find a way to hand out something more. I'd expect a 1 game suspension along with a fine, with a good possibility of Brady successfully appealing.
Last edited by ppm on Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:25 am

jason401 wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:I saw a tweet that brought this up, can someone verify?

I think he was texting the other guy, Jastremski, not McNally. McNally is the one he said he doesn't know, and I don't think he ever had direct contact with him. All texts went to Jastremski as far as I can tell.
Gotchya, so Jastremski was the middle-man between Brady & McNally?

Also heard that at some point during the season - I think playoffs - Brady gives a few signed jerseys in the lockerroom to McNally, and even signs a football for him?