Jeremy Langford

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
YogurtFan06
Rookie
Rookie

Jeremy Langford

Postby YogurtFan06 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Why is Jeremy Langford not being considered a first round rookie draft pick? He had good numbers in the Big 10 and probably his best game against Ohio State, ran a 4.42, maybe a little undersized, but I don't understand why he's not in the conversation with Miller, Yeldon, Abdullah.
12 Teams, PPR, All TD's are 6 points. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 K

QB - T. Lawrence
RB - D. Achane, B. Robinson, Z. White, C. Brown, J. Warren, K. Herbert, Ro. Johnson
WR - G. Wilson, G. Pickens, JSN, T. Burks, J. Palmer, DPJ
TE - J. Ferguson, C. Okonkwo

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jeremy Langford

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:38 am

RB depth this year is pushing alot of RB's out of 1st rd. Wouldnt fault you for taking him though
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:29 am

Who cares, that's what I say. I don't think Gurley is the 1.01, but most do. Go for your guy. There are no guarantees any back will be better. Go with your gut.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 am

GOOD news if you value you him higher can pick him up later on while others follow the heard. Seeing how a player is trending also helps me figure out if I am targeting them later on versus taking best player available helps too.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

NugJarletBrohanson20
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NugJarletBrohanson20 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:01 am

This is something I too am struggling with. Living in Big10 country, I've watched a lot of Langford, both live and on youtube film reviews. I think the guy is one of the surest things at the RB position this year. I also think landing spot is going to be HUGE for Langford. Say Dallas or Arizona pass on the 1st round RBs and one of them selects Langford in the 3 or 4th round. I could see his pre-draft ranking skyrocket to late-first, early second rookie draft level. Or a team with a crowded backfield like NYG or NE takes a late-round flier on Langford, then I see his value dropping with no clear path to RB1 carries.

I have the 1.10 in my league and I am pretty much set at WR, TE, and QB (well, not really set at QB, just not sure I want to take Mariotta or Winston). I am seriously considering saying screw the consensus and taking Langford at 1.10, I value his ability that highly.
Team 1: Jacksonville Jaguars (year 2): 1/2 point PPR (RBs, WRs); 1 pt PPR TEs; 12 team IDP League (2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB);
QB: Kaepernick, Eli, Bradford
RB: Charles, Ellington, J. Bell, J. Randle, D, Archer, T, Cadet
WR: A. Brown, B. Cooks, K. Stills, R. White, J. Kearse, P. Garcon, J. Hunter, M. Sanu
TE: J. Cameron, C. Clay, D. Walker
K: D. Bailey

DL: C. Jordan, C. Hayward, D. Moore, M. Hunt
LB: D. Levy, C. Lofton, R. Shazier, R. Mathis, E. Dumervil
DB: A. Vernor, B. Roby, A. Bethea, R. Johnson, E. Reid

Finished third overall 2014; AFC South Division Champ

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 am

NugJarletBrohanson20 wrote:This is something I too am struggling with. Living in Big10 country, I've watched a lot of Langford, both live and on youtube film reviews. I think the guy is one of the surest things at the RB position this year. I also think landing spot is going to be HUGE for Langford. Say Dallas or Arizona pass on the 1st round RBs and one of them selects Langford in the 3 or 4th round. I could see his pre-draft ranking skyrocket to late-first, early second rookie draft level. Or a team with a crowded backfield like NYG or NE takes a late-round flier on Langford, then I see his value dropping with no clear path to RB1 carries.

I have the 1.10 in my league and I am pretty much set at WR, TE, and QB (well, not really set at QB, just not sure I want to take Mariotta or Winston). I am seriously considering saying screw the consensus and taking Langford at 1.10, I value his ability that highly.

Why not? Do it man
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

YogurtFan06
Rookie
Rookie

Postby YogurtFan06 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Is there anything about Langford that are putting people off? I get that he's 23, but that's all I can really find. What are the concerns with him?
12 Teams, PPR, All TD's are 6 points. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 K

QB - T. Lawrence
RB - D. Achane, B. Robinson, Z. White, C. Brown, J. Warren, K. Herbert, Ro. Johnson

NugJarletBrohanson20
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NugJarletBrohanson20 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:38 am

Is there anything about Langford that are putting people off? I get that he's 23, but that's all I can really find. What are the concerns with him?
I'd say #1 concern is the fact that he is a converted WR and only played the position at a high level for two years. Other concerns could be he doesn't really have elite size, product of system concerns, etc.
Team 1: Jacksonville Jaguars (year 2): 1/2 point PPR (RBs, WRs); 1 pt PPR TEs; 12 team IDP League (2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB);
QB: Kaepernick, Eli, Bradford
RB: Charles, Ellington, J. Bell, J. Randle, D, Archer, T, Cadet
WR: A. Brown, B. Cooks, K. Stills, R. White, J. Kearse, P. Garcon, J. Hunter, M. Sanu
TE: J. Cameron, C. Clay, D. Walker
K: D. Bailey

DL: C. Jordan, C. Hayward, D. Moore, M. Hunt
LB: D. Levy, C. Lofton, R. Shazier, R. Mathis, E. Dumervil
DB: A. Vernor, B. Roby, A. Bethea, R. Johnson, E. Reid

Finished third overall 2014; AFC South Division Champ

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 am

YogurtFan06 wrote:Is there anything about Langford that are putting people off? I get that he's 23, but that's all I can really find. What are the concerns with him?
Doesn't really run with a lot of power between the tackles but that's pretty much the only knock on him that i've noticed. Also the red-flags from a metrics standpoint is that given his abilities his college dominator was only 50% which is on the low end for someone who can run and catch like him, and his breakout age was 21.8 years old which is really old for RBs. Although he was converted from another position so that explains why. Here is what I wrote on him;

Jeremy Langford - Smooth runner, quick cuts, can lower pad level on contact. For a player with an awful agility score, it doesn't really show on tape. Has nice cuts where he doesn't lose much speed. Very patient runner, and once he sees the hole he can accelerate through it. Decent enough power, not a pile mover though. Looks comfortable running between the tackles but because of his patience if nothing is there he doesn't hit defenders with enough force to move the pile forward. Generally follows blocks although once in a while will get creative. Has the speed to round the edge of the defense but doesn't tend to bounce runs outside unnecessarily (although i did see him do it once, but it worked). Explosive afterburners, once he hits the jets defenders take bad angles and can't tackle him. Seems competent in all facets of the passing game.

https://youtu.be/RNDFYsTpdAU?t=3m57s - I feel like this clip shows you everything you need to know about Langford. Patient, sees the hole, explodes through it causing the defender on the line of scrimmage to bleep himself and miss the tackle. Enough power to break multiple arm tackles, nifty cut while maintaining speed to make another defender miss, after being slowed down can hit the jets to pick speed up again and gain an extra 25 yards before being taken down.

https://youtu.be/RNDFYsTpdAU?t=5m28s - Those afterburners though, the 2 defenders napping in the middle of the field were not prepared for dat speed

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:49 pm

ssshhhhh He's no good!
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:25 pm

1.10 is that area where you're kind of rolling the dice already anyhow...

So if there is a guy you like more than others; just take him. Don't miss out on the guy you like because of what the consensus thinks.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:59 am

he bounces stuff a lot but that is a curable malady but my 1st attempt would be to trade back about 5 spots and get more value and then take him. That said if he goes to a great situation like baltimore or dallas I would not fool around just draft him when you can and don't look back.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun May 03, 2015 4:14 pm

So would you still take him at 10th overall?
The standard is the standard.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Tue May 05, 2015 5:12 pm

SuhFEAR wrote:ssshhhhh He's no good!
This! Stop already! ;)

YogurtFan06
Rookie
Rookie

Postby YogurtFan06 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:36 pm

I think Langford landing in Chicago is about as good as it gets for him. Forte is in his last year of his contract and only Ka'Deem Carey of note. Any thoughts?

QB - T. Lawrence