Big keeper league trade (Graham, Forte, Brown)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thewardo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Big keeper league trade (Graham, Forte, Brown)

Postby thewardo » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:31 pm

I am in a 10 team keeper league. Each team keeps 1 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def and 2 bench spots. Can chose to give up first round pick for extra bench spot. Since joining the league two years ago I have gotten first, third and second. I have the 9th pick in each of the five rounds. I was offered a rather big trade today.
Get: 1.3, 1.7, 2.2, Jimmy Graham, Jeremy Hill, Tre Mason
Give: 1.9, 2.9, 3.9, Antonio Brown, Greg Olsen, Gio Bernard, Roddy White
Also been offered 2.6 for Tre Mason
My roster:
QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, TY Hilton, DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Roddy White, Victor Cruz
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Carlos Hyde, Matt Forte, Gio Bernard
TE: Greg Olson

His roster:
QB: Mark Sanchez
WR: AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Marquess Wilson
RB: Andre Ellington, Jeremy Hill, Tre Mason, Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray, Denard Robinson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Kyle Rudolph

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Big keeper league trade (Graham, Forte, Brown)

Postby joekool » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:45 pm

The only issue with this trade that I see is that you would have more desirable keepers than you would possibly be able to keep.

Ryan, Mason, Hill, Lynch, Hyde, Forte, AP (?), Nuk, Hilton, Evans, Alshon, Graham AND 1.3, 1.7 and possibly 2.2

Pretty loaded. Too loaded. Perhaps you can off-load AP, Forte..etc..for future picks? I dont know but, with 10 teams and your loaded roster, you are set either way you go, and will just have to make some really tough choices.

thewardo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Big keeper league trade (Graham, Forte, Brown)

Postby thewardo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:17 am

I would have pick 1.3, 1.7, 2.2, 2.6 (after I trade Mason away to get the pick since I don't want to use the first round pick to hold onto him) and 4.9. That's four picks in the top 20 and that is if no one else uses their first to hold onto a player. There are a couple of teams that may do that. It is not a rookie only draft and many of the players in the league are not good drafters often going after veterans WR/RB, backup qbs and defs over the not as highly drafted rookies. After the deal my team would look like this:
QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Mike Evans, TY Hilton
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Jeremy Hill
TE: Jimmy Graham
Bench: Carlos Hyde, DeAndre Hopkins

I break the trade down to look like this:
A Brown for Hill lose
Olsen for Graham win
Forte for Mason/2.6 win
Gio/White for 1st win

What are your thoughts?