DLF Premium League - 2015 Trades Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

DLF Premium League - 2015 Trades Thread

Postby splendorlex » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:37 am

**I've renamed this thread to make it a one stop shop to see the significant trades that go down in the DLF Premium league. An advantage of doing this is you get to see feedback from BOTH sides of many trades to see how the individual owners made the decision to make each move.**

I'm not entirely sure how we should or could handle this going forward, as I think for both the Premium and HOF leagues that started this year we want to have transparency so the forum can see the moves that are made.

The premium league completed our draft a week ago or so, and there have been a few significant moves already. I just happen to be involved in two of them. I don't know yet if I'm reckless or an evil genius. Here's what has gone down, in order. I'll give a little of my own analysis, with some more obvious insight into my own trades.

Trade 1:
IrishDoom gave up Jeremy Maclin, Julius Thomas
Greek Gods (terryb) gave up DeMarco Murray, 1.16

First, I drafted both Maclin and Thomas pre FA, so feel I drafted them a little high. This trade went down after they both landed on new teams.

Greek Gods put Murray on the block and had a few suitors. I'm not sure who exactly was in talks with him, but I believe myself and Zfifelfski both were. he first asked for Maclin and Thomas for Murray straight. If I felt better about Murray's health going forward, I would have given that. But because of the uncertainties, I tried to negotiate for some kind of draft pick as well. Greek Gods had both futures and multiple firsts, and we agreed on the above trade.

Trade 2:
Fee Fell Ski (zfifelfski) gave up Dez Bryant
Drunken Dream Team (wakelawyer) gave up Randall Cobb, 1.09, 2.09

Fee Fell Ski started the draft with the 1.02, and after a series of moves made a big trade to get the 1.01 as well. He then drafted Dez and Julio 1 and 2 to start our draft. My take is that he may have had a little buyer's remorse, as he did pay big for the 1.01 and it hampered his team in other areas. He had a phenomenal WR1 and WR2, of course, but had deficiencies elsewhere because of it. I like this move for both sides. Z he got a quality WR in return and still got some useful picks in this year's rookie draft, and Wakelawyer had plenty of picks to move and make a play for a top WR.

Trade 3:
Irishdoom gave up DeMarco Murray, James White, 2.10
Drunken Dream Team (wakelawyer) gave up Matt Forte, Ka'Deem Carey, 1.10

While I do like Murray, I'm higher on Forte than most. I personally believe he has more left in the tank than most people seem to believe. I'm a Bears fan, so have watched nearly every run of his. He is a smooth runner who doesn't take a lot of massive hits. He's been very durable overall, and I expect at least 2 more years of solid production. I also liked that I could get his backup at the same time, and get out of the Patriots backfield. On the other side, wakelawyer got the younger, potentially better RB. If Murray surprised many on this board and has another GREAT season I may regret this move. But the value is there. Also, I ended the draft with zero firsts and now have the 1.10 and 1.16. Neither GREAT picks, but it's something!
Last edited by splendorlex on Thu May 14, 2015 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DLF Premium League - A Few Big Trades

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

Interesting moves! Zach's Cobb-for-Dez move does seem like a bit of a backing out of his 1.01 trade, but I feel like it was actually a pretty decent trade for him, so I don't think the about face cost him much in the end.

The only trade I felt had a bit of lopsidedness to it (is that a word? it should be!) was Maclin and JT for DeMarco and the 1.16. I think Maclin potentially disappears into the void that is KC's passing game, and JT potentially does the same in JAX under Bortles, making the DeMarco side a clear winner for me. JT at least has the potential to benefit as a safety blanket for Bortles though, so it's not a terrible trade. And of course if DeMarco's durability fears come true then the value changes rapidly.

The HOF league has been quiet since the draft ended, though I personally offered/was offered 35 different trades during the draft itself. I find it's a little hard to come up with trades so close to the end of the startup draft, because it's so tempting to just look at the draft position and figure a deal is good or bad instantly based on it. Obviously it's not necessarily true, but the feeling is there and I think it's keeping things quiet until we have some more news coming out. I fully expect it to pick up again when we do the rookie draft.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 am

In regards to the Dez trade, part of the rationale was to try and re-coup some of the value I had lost in foolishly trading my startup 2.09, 2.15 and a 2016 1st for the 1.01. I did not try to shop around to see if I could get a similar deal for less (mistake on my part).

However, this trade I'm actually ok with. Cobb is my 6th ranked WR, tied with Evans. I don't see him as being a huge step down from Dez (about 1 ppg), but not I have 2 picks in the draft. I have a pretty good idea of who to target with these new picks, and the potential value there offsets value lost from Dez.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:02 am

jeffster wrote:Interesting moves! Zach's Cobb-for-Dez move does seem like a bit of a backing out of his 1.01 trade, but I feel like it was actually a pretty decent trade for him, so I don't think the about face cost him much in the end.

The only trade I felt had a bit of lopsidedness to it (is that a word? it should be!) was Maclin and JT for DeMarco and the 1.16. I think Maclin potentially disappears into the void that is KC's passing game, and JT potentially does the same in JAX under Bortles, making the DeMarco side a clear winner for me. JT at least has the potential to benefit as a safety blanket for Bortles though, so it's not a terrible trade. And of course if DeMarco's durability fears come true then the value changes rapidly.

The HOF league has been quiet since the draft ended, though I personally offered/was offered 35 different trades during the draft itself. I find it's a little hard to come up with trades so close to the end of the startup draft, because it's so tempting to just look at the draft position and figure a deal is good or bad instantly based on it. Obviously it's not necessarily true, but the feeling is there and I think it's keeping things quiet until we have some more news coming out. I fully expect it to pick up again when we do the rookie draft.
I agree. I had some tunnel vision when I leaped upon that 1.01 trade. In retrospect, I would have liked to offer just the 2nds for a later 1st, and tried to get a 3-5th round back. Oh well.

I actually like hte risk of the JT+Maclin/Murray trade. It could all come crashing down on either side though.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 am

That's an interesting point about draft position. I had an offer for OBJ (I've made it clear I will trade anyone on my team) and at first glance it was tempting, but I quickly dismissed it when I took draft position into account. It made it look like I was trading the 1.04 for a 5th, 6th, and 2 8ths or something. With my Forte/DeMarco trade, I really didn't think of that at all. Just that I knew I liked Forte and Carey, and I was glad to get another first.
My DLF Articles
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
F Bombs

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 am

I think Irish won the Demarco trade. You got an older RB, but who's to say he's finished? Plus a 1st? That's a big win, I say.

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:44 am

zfifelski wrote:I think Irish won the Demarco trade. You got an older RB, but who's to say he's finished? Plus a 1st? That's a big win, I say.

Definitely the case of one trade too many for me, although some may argue that I reached that point several trades earlier.

I believe that I was also the guy that made the play for OBJ. I had put out several offers of several first round picks for some high-level talent.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:49 am

wakelawyer wrote:
zfifelski wrote:I think Irish won the Demarco trade. You got an older RB, but who's to say he's finished? Plus a 1st? That's a big win, I say.

Definitely the case of one trade too many for me, although some may argue that I reached that point several trades earlier.

I believe that I was also the guy that made the play for OBJ. I had put out several offers of several first round picks for some high-level talent.
You must have caught the same bug I had when I traded you for the 1.01...

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:59 am

wakelawyer wrote:

It's funny, if we weren't fresh out of the startup with the log of where you "drafted" each of those picks you offered, I might have been inclined to accept, or perhaps negotiate a bit and work out something similar.

And I don't think I outright "won" either of my trades. I'm happy with where I ended up, but I certainly don't think anyone got taken.
My DLF Articles
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
F Bombs

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:47 am

I like the first Murray trade alot...the second one not as much
The Dez deal is what it is. I probably wouldn't sell for that but trading elite assets in a 16 team league is bound to be tough to get value so soon after a startup
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue May 12, 2015 12:06 pm

A trade that happened today

Irishdoom gave Forte, 2016 2nd (zfifelski one)
ajmyk gave 1.12, 2016 1st, 2016 3rd

My thoughts :
This a trade I probably wouldn't do in a regular 12-teamer. But RB scarcity is real, and sitting with the 1.12 I felt that if I would have drafted for need there, probably getting a RB i don't like and who is likely to bust.
So I used the pick and my next first to go for the sure and stud thing, hoping to make a run at the championship.
All things considered, it will be easier to try it the next 2 seasons than later given that a lot of teams are playing the long-term game.
And I always thought Forte was criminally underrated. I was perplexed that he slipped to the end of the 3rd in the start up.

What do you think ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 pm

ajmyk wrote:A trade that happened today

Irishdoom gave Forte, 2016 2nd (zfifelski one)
ajmyk gave 1.12, 2016 1st, 2016 3rd

My thoughts :
This a trade I probably wouldn't do in a regular 12-teamer. But RB scarcity is real, and sitting with the 1.12 I felt that if I would have drafted for need there, probably getting a RB i don't like and who is likely to bust.
So I used the pick and my next first to go for the sure and stud thing, hoping to make a run at the championship.
All things considered, it will be easier to try it the next 2 seasons than later given that a lot of teams are playing the long-term game.
And I always thought Forte was criminally underrated. I was perplexed that he slipped to the end of the 3rd in the start up.

What do you think ?
I don't mind it. I agree, the 1.12 is RIGHT at the drop off for me, so you were able to get some stability at RB.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 pm

I think it works for you because you had only that one pick. Having one pick where you had it has a lot of bust potential. You also just became a strong contender for the championship this year, IMO.

I may have just traded away my chance at winning this year, but think it helps me possibly build a very strong team long term. I have two great young WRs in OBJ and Hopkins. I left the draft with pick 2.03, 2.09 and 3.14. Now I have 1.10, 1.12, 1.16, 2.03 and 3.14, and 2 1sts next year. I think I may have made my last move for awhile, though. I worry I'm getting too trade happy.
My DLF Articles
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
F Bombs

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Wed May 13, 2015 1:30 am

Now, I get to grab popcorn and watch the draft from the side.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 am

ajmyk wrote:Now, I get to grab popcorn and watch the draft from the side.
Me, too. Round 1 at least.