Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Hotchocolate wrote:
Bot101 wrote:I highly encourage everyone to check out The Fantasy Footballers. Great hosts, light/fun banter, solid opinions. I know its not dynasty focused, but they are easily my favorite podcasters now.
Easily the most entertaining and professional sounding podcast as they're all in studio.
Yeah, good show. Although it's geared more to re-draft. Still a great listen, for sure.
I just listened to them for the first time because of your suggestion. Hit several episodes, including the GoT episode recap video. Very impressed. Excellent podcast. Like you said, not dynasty focused, but good banter, solid takes and outstanding audio quality. Having all in-studio together makes such a huge difference. I'll be adding them to the Podcast Central page soon.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Yeah they give really balanced takes. They had Matt Harmon in studio recently and that episode was awesome. Whats better is during the offseason its twice every week, but during the season its three times a week. Ive become a big supporter of the show.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 am

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:15 pm

I find it kind of weird UTH isn't listed in there ..
@PlankMelody

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Plank wrote:I find it kind of weird UTH isn't listed in there ..
Ya.. a lot of the ones on there are DLF guys doing the pods. Idk though

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:51 pm

I compile that list myself, so a couple thoughts on these -

1. I can only list what I have heard and vetted. Given that I listen to most of these on a regular basis, it can be challenging to listen to and evaluate new pods. That said...
2. I"m always wide open to suggestions. If you think I'm missing a worthy addition, let me know. I'll give it a listen, and if I think it is worthy and is not paywall protected, I'll add it.
3. I am predisposed to listening to pods which involve our writers. Not specifically trying to list them, it's just that they are more likely to enter my orbit.
4. There are some that I have listened to and for various reasons decided they did not merit inclusion. Audio quality, content, paywall protected, etc. It doesn't matter if they are a competing podcast or not - I list several pods there that would be considered 'direct competitors' but that is not a factor in the process.
5. If this sounds all a bit autocratic, well.. maybe it is a bit, but how many other fantasy sites actively link to other sites and other pods, even direct "competitors", just for the sake of sharing good content? Much less taking an extra step to code a built-in player to play it right from that page? I would suggest we do more to point people to other site's podcasts than any other site around.

I'm constantly looking for new pods to add to this list. I really do want it to be a great resource for everyone. Dynasty, redraft, whatever, if it's a good fantasy football podcast, I'm in. If I'm missing a worthy pod, let me know. Share it here, or DM me.

Thanks!

KM

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:26 am

Two questions:

1. Why is it so common that the podcast make a mistake and clearly talk like it will be edited out, yet it doesn't? Don't they either know if they can edit, in which case fine, or know they can't, in which case wouldn't you carry on like nothing? It happens frequently I find.

2. How can I take people seriously when they say things like 'I don't really know any Devy', or 'who is that WR from LSU...starts with a D I think', but are talking Devy anyway...it's clear you don't know about it so why talk about it? How can I put any credibility into you?

More and more I find that people on a pod are just people with a voice, not necessarily people who are more knowledgable. Sort of like the old 'check my post count' insinuation I saw in the past...FYI, post count means you post, doesn't mean you post knowledge.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:37 am

dlf_kenm wrote:
I just listened to them for the first time because of your suggestion. Hit several episodes, including the GoT episode recap video. Very impressed. Excellent podcast. Like you said, not dynasty focused, but good banter, solid takes and outstanding audio quality. Having all in-studio together makes such a huge difference. I'll be adding them to the Podcast Central page soon.

OMG why I have not found this list before, exactly what I've been looking for! awesome!
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:30 pm

FiremanEd wrote:Two questions:

1. Why is it so common that the podcast make a mistake and clearly talk like it will be edited out, yet it doesn't? Don't they either know if they can edit, in which case fine, or know they can't, in which case wouldn't you carry on like nothing? It happens frequently I find.

2. How can I take people seriously when they say things like 'I don't really know any Devy', or 'who is that WR from LSU...starts with a D I think', but are talking Devy anyway...it's clear you don't know about it so why talk about it? How can I put any credibility into you?

More and more I find that people on a pod are just people with a voice, not necessarily people who are more knowledgable. Sort of like the old 'check my post count' insinuation I saw in the past...FYI, post count means you post, doesn't mean you post knowledge.
1. It's a time thing. Remember, this is amateur hour. Most podcasters are losing money, not making it. No doubt they think they're going to go back and edit out the mistakes, but then life gets in the way.

2. Absolutely. It's true of writers and podcasters. Some are knowledgeable. Some aren't. Even the knowledgeable ones are sometimes out of their depth.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:00 pm

FiremanEd wrote:More and more I find that people on a pod are just people with a voice, not necessarily people who are more knowledgable. Sort of like the old 'check my post count' insinuation I saw in the past...FYI, post count means you post, doesn't mean you post knowledge.
I get what you're saying. Keep in mind that everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the guy who can't remember someone's name can tell you their advanced stats because they're a numbers guy. I try not to judge too quickly so that I can really judge the breadth and depth of someone's knowledge and what insights I can gain from it. Some people are strategists, some are communicators, some are great with models and projections.

What I like to do is identify where I am already strong, and then find writers and analysts that complement my weaknesses and defer to their advice in areas that I don't have knowledge. Perhaps you would enjoy podcasts more if you filter through them to find the voices that complement your strengths and don't grate on you - there are definitely enough out there to choose from these days!
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

1. I guess I was just surprised that something on iTunes would have such gaps. I'm meticulous on much smaller things, and I guess it just seemed more common than one would expect. I get it isn't a money maker, but I figure you can just play it cool and chug forward as is if you aren't going to edit rather than change your tune as if you will and forget. I can appreciate this is a more casual hobby than business though. Appreciate the honest feedback though. I guess it is sort of what I expected.

2. I can appreciate people have their strengths and weaknesses and you have to sift through the clutter with all content, choosing what you agree with, disagree with, or want to look at further. There is definitely lots of good content and good pods out there, including those that have instances where you get the vibe they are talking based on hearsay rather than their own formed opinion (which doesn't discredit them on other subjects), and much of it is for entertainment purposes with items that will be validated or rejected down the line. Such is the game we play and what we see on this very forum. In that sense I should perhaps commend them for saying they don't know rather than always portraying that they do. My point was more that it can quickly remove credibility from the segment being covered, which is unfortunate.

Either way, I listen to too many podcasts, and will continue to do so for the enjoyment and info/varying opinions they provide.

Appreciate the list DLF maintains Ken.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:49 am

I am with fireman ed on this especially if you are listening to a site that wants to charge for advice and they cannot remember who a teams wr3 is or blatently gets stats wrong. If they are having fun fine have fun but if you are going to charge $ for your insight ,opinions or advice try to know your a$$ from a hatrack!
another pet peeve begging for likes or good reviews like a jr. high school girl trying to pile up facebook (or whatever platform is the thing this month) friends , WEAK SAUCE !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Postby lunchbox12 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Has anybody else noticed dynasty nerds haven't had an episode in like 2 months??
12 team no ppr Dynaasty-- year 2-- 1 QB-2RB-2WR-1FLEX (RB/WR)-1TE

QB- Drew Brees/ Derek Carr
RB- DJ/Jordan Howard/Mccafrey/J Stewart/Perine/Lacy/Dixon
WR- Hopkins/Jordy/ Marvin Jones/ Moncrief/Fitzgerald/Alshon Jeffrey
TE- Delanie Walker/Cameron beats

10 team 2QB 25 roster 4 taxi ppr. Start 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2F
QB-Cousins/tyrod/Dalton/Brett Hundley/Trevor semien
RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.
TE-Evan Engram/J Reed/jonnu Smith/J Thomas/G everett
2018 1.01 1.04 1.05.... 4 3rds

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:08 pm

lunchbox12 wrote:Has anybody else noticed dynasty nerds haven't had an episode in like 2 months??
Check your feed. They've had episodes the past two weeks.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:55 pm

lunchbox12 wrote:Has anybody else noticed dynasty nerds haven't had an episode in like 2 months??
I have the same feed apparently. I just did a search and realized they have had episodes and I'm just not getting them for some reason. Strange.