Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
flexcapacitor
Captain
Captain

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby flexcapacitor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:06 am

Coogan23 wrote:I'm liking the "Dynasty Blueprint" more and more each week. Ryan and Matt are about as good of a pair that I could of to do a show together.

There's another new podcast that just started last week and I'm trying to join them, this link will explain more,

viewtopic.php?f=158&t=122981

:thumbup:
Dynasty Blueprint is also moving up my list as one of my favorites. They both have a good mix of experience, being entertaining and work well off of each other.
UTH used to be by far my favorite podcast but since Doug has left it has dropped down a few pegs. I like Chad but Doug was my favorite on the podcast. I liked the fact he was more of a film guy and that he would hold firm in his conviction about certain players even if Chad was bugging him about it.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm listening to so many podcasts lately while driving I'm starting to lose track of who said what..

Need to come up with some kind of note system, especially with guests that are doing interesting work.
@PlankMelody

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Anyone else confused how Tim Torch has moved up the podcast hierarchy? Katie, though new to the game herself, at least knows her stuff. I feel like Tim is mostly just repurposing opinions or nervous about his own. Seems a weak player in the game overall...though I guess having a voice doesn't mean you're actually worthy of having a voice. Just found it interesting when I search Dynasty Happy Hour (per someone's note above as a pod) and see him as a Guest..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Yeah Katie at least seems to have put in the work. You can think she's wrong about things but still respect her opinions. I think the format of the show is the real problem. I like when everyone on the podcasts discusses one subject at a time, not this round robin nonsense that Uth is doing now with the 3 hosts.

And just a huge pet peeve of mine that I have to vent, how come when ppl on these podcasts are asked which player they would have straight up they never answer the question directly. It's always "well given their price" or "well this player is cheaper"... Just show some guts for once in your life and answer the damn question!

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 pm

'I would take X because they have more value then deal them for Y+' is another classic. Yes, we know the market value, but which do you like more if you had to choose one for your team to keep? Which player do you like more as a football player? Put your backing to something. Most just avoid these days.
Last edited by FiremanEd on Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwade7575
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kwade7575 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Forget Tim's lack of original opinions, it's his voice that I cannot listen to.
The Vaders 10-team .5PPR QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Superflex/Flex/Flex
QB - C.Wentz, A. Luck
RB - S. Michel, N. Chubb, R. Jones, D.Murray, S.Ware, B.Powell, Du.Johnson
WR - D.Hopkins, S.Watkins, A.Cooper, M.Lee, D. Parker
TE - Z.Ertz, J. Reed

Saskatchewan Roughriders 16-team .5PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/DEF/K Orphan 2016
QB - Mitchell Trubisky
RB - L.Fournette, Brian Hill
WR - M.Thomas, J.Doctson, Corey Davis, L.Treadwell, J.Crowder, M.Lee, Zay Jones
TE - Z.Ertz
2018 picks 1,1,2,3

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:16 pm

kwade7575 wrote:Forget Tim's lack of original opinions, it's his voice that I cannot listen to.
I can't fault someone for something that's not in their control though. I'll give everyone a chance and base them on what they can.

kwade7575
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kwade7575 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:52 pm

No doubt, you can't fault him for things he can't control. Unless the things he cannot control are a direct effect on the product. This is a product that is listened to.. A large part of the product is founded upon the appeal of the voices. I am a huge hip-hop fan but I can't listen to Lil' Wayne or Chance the Rapper because their voices are annoying to me. Just like music, the vocal appeal of podcasts are part of the product and a deal breaker for me personally.
The Vaders 10-team .5PPR QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Superflex/Flex/Flex
QB - C.Wentz, A. Luck
RB - S. Michel, N. Chubb, R. Jones, D.Murray, S.Ware, B.Powell, Du.Johnson
WR - D.Hopkins, S.Watkins, A.Cooper, M.Lee, D. Parker
TE - Z.Ertz, J. Reed

Saskatchewan Roughriders 16-team .5PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/DEF/K Orphan 2016
QB - Mitchell Trubisky
RB - L.Fournette, Brian Hill
WR - M.Thomas, J.Doctson, Corey Davis, L.Treadwell, J.Crowder, M.Lee, Zay Jones
TE - Z.Ertz
2018 picks 1,1,2,3

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:50 am

I think Katie and Tim do their homework and know their stuff. I say give them a chance to find their stride as they are still relatively new to podcasting. However, having said that, the show definitely misses Doug's brand of humor.

Zebrahead07
Starter
Starter

Postby Zebrahead07 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:Yeah Katie at least seems to have put in the work. You can think she's wrong about things but still respect her opinions. I think the format of the show is the real problem. I like when everyone on the podcasts discusses one subject at a time, not this round robin nonsense that Uth is doing now with the 3 hosts.

And just a huge pet peeve of mine that I have to vent, how come when ppl on these podcasts are asked which player they would have straight up they never answer the question directly. It's always "well given their price" or "well this player is cheaper"... Just show some guts for once in your life and answer the damn question!
Listening to the DTC podcast is unbearable when they ask izzy about the 1.01 and Elliot. I don't think he can answer a question without saying he's only drafting zeke or trading the 1.01 for value. Every answer starts with based on value....it's really annoying. Any question about a draft pick is almost the same answer.

And UTH has gone downhill since Doug left. There's absolutely no direction or format to the show. They pretty much just babble on for an hour. It's quickly gone to the bottom of my listens, and most of the time just skip it. Katie is new, but i like a lot of her takes and advice. Tim seems like he doesn't have an original thought come out his mouth.

The dynasty blueprint is a great podcast with Ryan and Matt. Quickly moving up the ladder of listens.

Although football guys isn't always geared towards dynasty they're still my favorite out of all the podcasts. During the season they put out a preview show of every matchup, and Idp show, news and notes show, sigmond blooms on the couch, and a recap show. You really can't beat their quality of shows, entertainment, and advice. Listening to jene bramel talk injuries is a thing of beauty. All around great podcast.
12 Team .5PPR IDP 30 Man Roster 8 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1 Flex-1PK-2DL-2LB-2DB-1Flex

QB: K. Murray, D. Mills
RB: J. Williams A. Kamara, A. Gibson, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, D’. Johnson
WR: J. Waddle, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, M. Pittman, OBJ, J. Jones, R. Gage, B. Edwards
TE: K. Pitts, Albert O., C. Brate, J. Everette
DL: D. Hunter, B. Burns, M. Sweat, R. Gregory, C. Lawson
LB: L. Wilson, J Hicks, P. Werner
DB: K. Hamilton, T. Rapp

SF 12 Team 1PPR 24 Man Roster 4 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SF-2Flex

QB: L. Jackson, J. Burrow, D. Lock, J. Brisett, T. Huntley
RB: M. Sanders, D. Harris, K. Herbert, T. Sermon
WR: T. Higgins, D. Johnson, D.J. Moore, M. Pittman, G. Davis, A. St. Brown, J. Landry, J. Meyers, L. Shenault, J. Palmer, C. Austin
TE: K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, T. Higbee, G. Everette

Taxi:
Z. White RB
B. Robinson RB
A. Smith RB
S. Moore WR

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:40 am

I highly encourage everyone to check out The Fantasy Footballers. Great hosts, light/fun banter, solid opinions. I know its not dynasty focused, but they are easily my favorite podcasters now.

Zebrahead07
Starter
Starter

Postby Zebrahead07 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:35 am

Bot101 wrote:I highly encourage everyone to check out The Fantasy Footballers. Great hosts, light/fun banter, solid opinions. I know its not dynasty focused, but they are easily my favorite podcasters now.
Easily the most entertaining and professional sounding podcast as they're all in studio.
12 Team .5PPR IDP 30 Man Roster 8 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1 Flex-1PK-2DL-2LB-2DB-1Flex

QB: K. Murray, D. Mills
RB: J. Williams A. Kamara, A. Gibson, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, D’. Johnson
WR: J. Waddle, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, M. Pittman, OBJ, J. Jones, R. Gage, B. Edwards
TE: K. Pitts, Albert O., C. Brate, J. Everette
DL: D. Hunter, B. Burns, M. Sweat, R. Gregory, C. Lawson
LB: L. Wilson, J Hicks, P. Werner
DB: K. Hamilton, T. Rapp

SF 12 Team 1PPR 24 Man Roster 4 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SF-2Flex

QB: L. Jackson, J. Burrow, D. Lock, J. Brisett, T. Huntley
RB: M. Sanders, D. Harris, K. Herbert, T. Sermon
WR: T. Higgins, D. Johnson, D.J. Moore, M. Pittman, G. Davis, A. St. Brown, J. Landry, J. Meyers, L. Shenault, J. Palmer, C. Austin
TE: K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, T. Higbee, G. Everette

Taxi:
Z. White RB
B. Robinson RB
A. Smith RB
S. Moore WR

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:58 am

Hotchocolate wrote:
Bot101 wrote:I highly encourage everyone to check out The Fantasy Footballers. Great hosts, light/fun banter, solid opinions. I know its not dynasty focused, but they are easily my favorite podcasters now.
Easily the most entertaining and professional sounding podcast as they're all in studio.
Yeah, good show. Although it's geared more to re-draft. Still a great listen, for sure.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 am

Hotchocolate wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:Yeah Katie at least seems to have put in the work. You can think she's wrong about things but still respect her opinions. I think the format of the show is the real problem. I like when everyone on the podcasts discusses one subject at a time, not this round robin nonsense that Uth is doing now with the 3 hosts.

Listening to the DTC podcast is unbearable when they ask izzy about the 1.01 and Elliot. I don't think he can answer a question without saying he's only drafting zeke or trading the 1.01 for value. Every answer starts with based on value....it's really annoying. Any question about a draft pick is almost the same answer.

And UTH has gone downhill since Doug left. There's absolutely no direction or format to the show. They pretty much just babble on for an hour. It's quickly gone to the bottom of my listens, and most of the time just skip it. Katie is new, but i like a lot of her takes and advice. Tim seems like he doesn't have an original thought come out his mouth.

The dynasty blueprint is a great podcast with Ryan and Matt. Quickly moving up the ladder of listens.

Although football guys isn't always geared towards dynasty they're still my favorite out of all the podcasts. During the season they put out a preview show of every matchup, and Idp show, news and notes show, sigmond blooms on the couch, and a recap show. You really can't beat their quality of shows, entertainment, and advice. Listening to jene bramel talk injuries is a thing of beauty. All around great podcast.
Agreed.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote:Matt Kelley, on RotoUnderworld has to be the most arrogant, juvenile, loudmouth/know it all, I have ever heard. Film Study is basically beneath him, and Metrics are his "god". The fact he came out and singled out a film guy by name, was just disrespectful, especially the way he did it. He seems to think his way is the only way, and his Podcast is just a way to profile his Metrics based Website. Getting through a podcast is like nails on a chalkboard.
I listen to Kelly weekly, mainly because its all I havent heard when Friday rolls around. I couldnt believe what he said about Manning's Las Vegas trips. It was slanderous. Hookers and booze blah blah. Peyton's wife surely isnt a fan
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll