Good young RB's to target for next year?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
monstermike
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Good young RB's to target for next year?

Postby monstermike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:28 am

Hey guys,
I am 1-5 and season is pretty much over so I have gone into a rebuild, who are some good RB's to target as I am fine at WR and TE but lack at RB with the likes of Doug and CJ Spiller.
Any advice appreciated.
Dynasty League (Year 2)/Non-PPR/Non IDP/30 Roster Spots/3 Flex Spots (WR, RB and TE)/1 IR
4-point 400 yard passing bonus/4-point 75 yard QB rushing bonus/QB TD's = 4 points/ Non-QB TD's = 6 points

QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer
RB: Le'veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen, Jay Ajayi, Buck Allen, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Bilal Powell, Tim Hightower, Branden Oliver
WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Kevin White, Stefon Diggs, Rishard Matthews, Ted Ginn Jr
TE: Travis Kelce, ASJ, Dwayne Allen
Kicker: Chandler Catanzaro
2016 Picks: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
D/ST: Denver Broncos
IR: Khiry Robinson

bamafan1987
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Good young RB's to target for next year?

Postby bamafan1987 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:47 am

Hyde of course is a great one to get for a team that's building. I see you already have Christine Michael. Next year you could potentially be set at RB if you got Hyde with Michael with the possibility of Gore and Lynch being gone and how much those offenses run the ball. Definitely not guaranteed that that will happen of course. I own Michael myself and I'm 3-3. A few losses in a row and I'll be calling it quits on this year and putting the full court press on the Hyde owner to pair him with Michael for next season.

monstermike
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby monstermike » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:55 pm

bamafan1987 wrote:Hyde of course is a great one to get for a team that's building. I see you already have Christine Michael. Next year you could potentially be set at RB if you got Hyde with Michael with the possibility of Gore and Lynch being gone and how much those offenses run the ball. Definitely not guaranteed that that will happen of course. I own Michael myself and I'm 3-3. A few losses in a row and I'll be calling it quits on this year and putting the full court press on the Hyde owner to pair him with Michael for next season.
yeah, good call I have been trying to get Hyde, but the owner is so high on him that it is close to impossible to complete a deal.
Dynasty League (Year 2)/Non-PPR/Non IDP/30 Roster Spots/3 Flex Spots (WR, RB and TE)/1 IR
4-point 400 yard passing bonus/4-point 75 yard QB rushing bonus/QB TD's = 4 points/ Non-QB TD's = 6 points

RB: Le'veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Justin Forsett, Shane Vereen, Jay Ajayi, Buck Allen, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Bilal Powell, Tim Hightower, Branden Oliver
WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Kevin White, Stefon Diggs, Rishard Matthews, Ted Ginn Jr

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Christine Michael, Bryce Brown, KaDeem Carey (maybe 2-3 years down the line.) I wouldn't go crazy though considering the caliber of the backs coming out next year. If you're at 1-5 you should have a good shot at landing either Gurley or Gordon.

monstermike
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby monstermike » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:45 pm

See thats the thing, I don't have a 1st rounder next year, I need to try trade back into the 1st round.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 pm

chrisserp wrote:See thats the thing, I don't have a 1st rounder next year, I need to try trade back into the 1st round.
That's tough in a rebuild, I'd trade Forsett ASAP and maybe package him with someone else to get back into the first. You should easily be able to find a competing team thin at running back interested in him. He's been playing at an unexpected high level so far this season, but has little value moving forward.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Here was a pretty good list from earlier today:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80636

Murphy29
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Murphy29 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:33 pm

I like the list jeffster linked to. I would be sure to hold on to Spiller. He will be somewhere else next year and will surely regain some value. Adding Charles Sims to hedge against a Martin catastrophe would also be smart.

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 pm

how does everyone feel about mckinnon??
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Did I miss mention of Isaiah Crowell? He might be my #1 target.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

monstermike
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby monstermike » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Hyde and Crowell all belong to one owner who refuses to trade them as he may also be in a rebuild