It's Never Too Early: 2010 NFL Draft Top Prospects

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 pm

From: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sma ... pects.html
Small-school prospects

Ten players you may not know who are worth watching.

The NFP highlights some of the nation’s top small-school prospects for the 2010 NFL Draft and breaks down which players are ready to make the jump to the next level.

continued...
As a Lehigh alum, I've seen QB John Skelton of Fordham play against the Mountain Hawks the last few years. He throws a lot of picks and his accuracy is somewhat suspect for an NFL prospect, especially for one playing in the "prestigious" Patriot league. :wink:

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:38 pm

The updated NFP Super 30

Falling out of the top 30:
OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (6-5, 302)
A physically gifted lineman, but he needs to add more strength to his base. Gets bullied on contact too easily.

WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois (6-2, 220)
Has not been the consistent force we expected to see game in and game out.

DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State (6-6, 287)
I love his physical skill set and upside, but he disappears from games far too often.

RB Noel Devine, West Virginia (5-8, 176)
Lacks size, but he’ll still find a way to contribute in a big way to an NFL offense.

DT Allen Bailey, Miami (6-4, 288)
All the tools are there, but he’s simply too inconsistent in his play at this time.

continued...

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:20 pm

the_lung wrote:The updated NFP Super 30

A physically gifted lineman, but he needs to add more strength to his base. Gets bullied on contact too easily.

I love his physical skill set and upside, but he disappears from games far too often.

Lacks size, but he’ll still find a way to contribute in a big way to an NFL offense.

All the tools are there, but he’s simply too inconsistent in his play at this time.

continued...
Noel Devine being in the Top 30 in the first place is laughable.

Devine = Sproles dot two.

----------------
Now playing: Jaheim - Everytime I Think About Her feat. Jadakiss

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Pilate wrote:

continued...

----------------
And next we will all hear from Brady in yet another defense of one of his numerous man loves... :lol:

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:16 am

With so many questions surrounding the rookie salary pool after the 2010 draft, this year’s draft class could have the most underclassmen ever. As a result, NFL officials are not only gearing for an onslaught of junior entries but also a talented group of third-year sophomores. In the past, we’ve seen only a couple of highly rated third-year sophs like Larry Fitzgerald and Knowshon Moreno enter early and have a direct effect at the top end of the draft. But with the uncertainty of the rookie salary pool beyond 2010, this could be the largest group of third-year sophomores ever, all hoping to cash in and get a piece of potentially the draft’s final big payday.

Here’s an early look and at some of the nation’s top eligible sophomores

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:16 am

While some of you are plowing your way through your league’s (college fantasy football) playoffs, others have unfortunately been eliminated. Whichever boat you are in, only the irresponsible manager hasn’t thought about what may be on the horizon, and who might not be on the roster at this point next season. In the coming weeks we’ll preview those who might depart, who's graduating and those who may step into the limelight as a result. So, in the first of a multi-faceted piece, let’s start guessing who’s bidding adieu to the collegiate ranks with the promise of riches on Sundays.

Quarterbacks

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma – Still has a year left, but we already know his intentions…we all wish things had played out better this year for Bradford, and hope it isn’t a sign of things to come.

Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
– As often as Clausen drops back and slings it around, you’d think he is Tom Brady running the Pats offense. Clausen has really blossomed in his junior season, and it’s hard to imagine his stock rising any higher. Add in the coaching turmoil in South Bend, and Clausen is as good as gone.

Jake Locker, Washington – Locker’s season has been marked with inconsistency, but he has the size, arm, and mobility to make scouts drool. Locker figures to test well, and if he can finish the season strong, the potential is enough to make him a top pick. His amateur days are probably coming to an end.

continued...

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Pilate wrote:

----------------
And next we will all hear from Brady in yet another defense of one of his numerous man loves... :lol:
Wount happen.. I want him to fly under the radar big time! :)
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 pm

If you can find it, try to check out the highlights of today's Notre Dame / Stanford game. The third TD scored by Notre Dame WR Golden Tate was simply stunning! As far as I am concerned, if Tate declares, it's Dez Bryant and then Tate on my big board.

Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams, and Arrelious Benn do nothing for me as compared to Tate.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:02 pm

the_lung wrote:If you can find it, try to check out the highlights of today's Notre Dame / Stanford game. The third TD scored by Notre Dame WR Golden Tate was simply stunning! As far as I am concerned, if Tate declares, it's Dez Bryant and then Tate on my big board.

Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams, and Arrelious Benn do nothing for me as compared to Tate.
I happened to turn on that game tonight. Just as I put it on, the play to Tate happened. Wow! That was something special. He pretty much faked out the ENTIRE STANFORD TEAM in cutting across the entire field and into the end-zone after a short reception. Now I see why people like him so much. That was a great play!

In other news: as much as the hype has been around Gerhart he looks terribly slooooooow. Good college runner, though.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

the_lung wrote:If you can find it, try to check out the highlights of today's Notre Dame / Stanford game. The third TD scored by Notre Dame WR Golden Tate was simply stunning! As far as I am concerned, if Tate declares, it's Dez Bryant and then Tate on my big board.

The Notre Dame WR that all NFL Scouts are drooling after is Michael Floyd in my opinion. Floyd will be in the top WR discussion in 2011 with Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Floyd is a much better pro prospect in my opinion then Tate. Tate has great college statistics but I don't think his game will translate well to the NFL. His lack of top end speed and burst will be negated by NFL DB's.

----------------
Now playing: U2 - Magnificent

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm

The thing about Tate is his body control. He reminds of Larry Fitzgerald in the way he can leap and block out defenders with his body.

The Combine will be his litmus test. But even if his measurables aren't as comparable as others in his WR class, the game tape doesn't lie. No matter where/when he is drafted, I still think this guy will be a great receiver in the NFL.

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:01 am

Pilate wrote:The Notre Dame WR that all NFL Scouts are drooling after is Michael Floyd in my opinion. Floyd will be in the top WR discussion in 2011 with Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Floyd is a much better pro prospect in my opinion then Tate. Tate has great college statistics but I don't think his game will translate well to the NFL. His lack of top end speed and burst will be negated by NFL DB's.[/url]
I agree. While I think Tate can be a solid WR at the next level, the one to watch is Floyd. I love the guy and he should be a total beast. He still put up around 800 total yards this year, and that was missing a chunk of the season with a broken collarbone. He can break big plays with his speed, but he also has the athleticism and size to jump over defenders. Besides, he's also in my signature that I had made the other day so that has to account for something :lol:

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:39 pm

With college football postseason awards starting to come out, the National Football Post is getting into the action and naming our top eligible NFL prospects from each conference, starting today with the SEC.

Offense

QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 pm

All-stars who helped their draft stock
by Wes Bunting
February 02, 02010

With the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl now concluded, the National Football Post looks back and breaks down the prospects who did the most to improve their draft stock the past two weeks.

continued...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Nice job on your draft columns, good work!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince