Jerod Mayo price check

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
WuWuWu
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Jerod Mayo price check

Postby WuWuWu » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Feilded an offer for Mayo, guy offers 3.04 & 3.09 for Mayo. Is that close? At first I almost insta-accepted, but I'm glad I didn't. I like his upside, but it wouldn't kill me tomove him for the right price, thanks for any input

Team not listed in signature.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jerod Mayo price check

Postby breeze » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:35 am

How many LBs do you start? And is it 1 or 2 points per solo? If you start 3-4 LBs like the team in your sig and it's 2 points per solo I would keep Mayo, 1 point per solo i think its 100% fair. If you start 1-2 LBs, I would make the trade regardless of scoring.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

WuWuWu
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby WuWuWu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:29 am

Start 3, with a flex option for 4. Take all scoring times 10 to get a normal value (done to replicate football scores I guess). Guy also owns the 1.09 and has been making questionably bad trades lately (currently have 5 offers (bad ones at that) in my inbox). Would the 1.09 being shooting too high?

My Roster

Bartu, Joplo ATL LB
Brinkley, Jasper MIN LB
Burnett, Kevin OAK LB
Irving, Nate DEN LB
Keiser, Thomas SDC LB
Kuechly, Luke CAR LB
Mayo, Jerod NEP LB
Phillips, Shaun TEN LB
Weatherspoon, Sean ATL LB

Tackle scoring RULES FOR LB

Tackles 0-5.5 .08 point for .5
Tackles 6-8.5 1.2 points for 6, and then .1 point for every .5
Tackles 9-99 1.9 points for 9, and then .1 point for every .5

Assists 0-3 0 points for 0, and then .08 point for every 1
Assists 4-99 .5 points for 4, and then .1 point for every 1

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 am

I'm either an idiot or those are the most confusing tackle scores I have ever seen. I don't even think they make sense.

Anyway, 1.09 is way too much. Any second rounder is a good deal and may even be too much too. If I understood what the hell was going on with your tackle setting I may be able to give a better opionion.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:20 am

ebreeze12 wrote:I'm either an idiot or those are the most confusing tackle scores I have ever seen. I don't even think they make sense.

Anyway, 1.09 is way too much. Any second rounder is a good deal and may even be too much too. If I understood what the hell was going on with your tackle setting I may be able to give a better opinion.
I agree with this. It seems like tackles aren't valuable in your league until a player accumulates at least six solos. Looking back at Mayo's last full season, he posted six or more solos only six times, with nine or more three of those times. Conversely, Mayo posted six or more assists five times. Mayo is a good but not great player in your system. It looks to me like two thirds would be a fair price for him.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.