2nd tier of rookie WR

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
BwK
Role Player
Role Player

2nd tier of rookie WR

Postby BwK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 pm

To me after Sammy, Evans and Lee you have a group of second tier WR. Each have their strengths and weaknesses. I traded to obtain the 1.1 to secure Sammy but with my 1.9 and 1.10 I am most likely to get another if not two more WR. Help me with your reasoning who you like and.who you will leave for other owners to draft. Below is my current rankings

#4. OBJ- I want to find reasons to move him down my list. I like the bigger, stronger, faster mold of a WR but when I research the rest of the field and I come back to OBJ I think hes the better prospect. To me he clearly is an open field play maker. He finds the highest pt of the ball and goes and gets it. He appears to be a great route runner. I wish he was taller but if he lands in a good spot he most likely stays here for me.
My ideal landing spot: KC or Miami

#5 Benjamin- He scares me. I want to buy in, all in but there is something holding me back. Hes huge and good speed for that size and I think he is going to be a red zone nightmare. He looks to lumber in and out of his breaks and I am not quite sure he is going to be a dominate force for the next 5-10 yrs but I am not quite convinced this class has the #1 elite talent after the top #3 are off the board either. I can see mis match all day with KB thats why I have him here.
My ideal landing spot: Philly or New England

#6 A. Robinson- Reminds me of a poor mans DMT. Not a fast 40 time but neither was Boldin. I think Arob has all the tools to at least become a very good compliment WR and could become an everydown #1 with time.
My ideal landing spot: Pittsburgh or Seattle

#7. J. Mathews. Ive pissed out the koolaide so I am seeing more clearly now. I have mathews this high because I feel his work ethic alone will make him relevant. He looks good on paper but I am concerned about him beating his opponents best cb every sunday. I dont think he can do it. For this I think he is a career #2 WR in the NFL.
My ideal landing spot: Detroit or Cleveland

#8 D. Adams- Played in a high octane offense and I think he does well if he lands in a spot where his QB makes him. I don' t think he makes his QB better. I see a nate washington style player. He will have some nice games but also dissapear at times
My ideal landing spot: New Orleans or Indy

#9 D. Moncreif- He has a high ceiling but I see concentration and drop issues. Good talent but I think situation is key for him. I can envision a brandon lafell career for him. Shows all the potential but something holds him back. If he stays healthy he could be a sleeper in this class. Would love to see him land in Carolina where I think lack of competition makes him the #1.
My ideal landing spot Carolina or New Orleans

#10 Cooks For some reason not a fan. Maybe its his height. When he gets drafted maybe I will re evaluate.
My ideal landing spot: Tampa or SF

What are your thoughts?
10 team non-ppr no FA pickups
QB- Ryan, Romo, Winston
RB-Foster, GIO, Mathews, L. Murray, JStew, Duke
WR-Green, Sammy, Benjamin, B. Coleman, Fitzgerald, Lee, Latimer, Algholar, C. Coleman, Doctson
TE-Graham, Green
K-Bailey, Prater
DEF-Rams

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2nd tier of rookie WR

Postby Blackout » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:10 am

Tier 1

Watkins
Evans

Lee

Tier 2

OBJ
Robinson
Landry
Benjamin

Tier 3

Matthews

Cooks
Adams
Moncrief
Richardson

Tier 4

Bryant

Abbrederis
Coleman
Herron

My rankings look like this actually but could change.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:51 pm

I like your write up. Good job, but I disagree Lee is in the "1st Tier" of wr. While I haven't soured on him as much as some, I think I like OBJ more. Currently have the #3 pick in one of my drafts, & unless something crazy happens in the next 6 weeks, I'm going with OBJ

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:53 pm

That's why i made a clear space between Watkins/Evans and Lee but agree he could be in tier 2.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm

I just can't see why everyone is in love with OBJ? While I agree on him having decent college production, the fact that he was awful against any half-decent (ie SEC) school doesn't worry anyone else? It's not like the NFL gets easier.....

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:40 pm

Tier 1
Evans - highest ceiling
Watkins - overrated but still good

Tier 2
Robinson - only worry is played in B1G but could be someone's #1
Matthews - safe pick, plays small for size
Adams - underrated, TD machine could argue made QB better
Cooks - safest smaller WR out there, young and beast on field and good enough combine
Moncrief - huge upside but smaller hands and question why such low production in college if such a stud?

Tier 3
OBJ - flashy, sucked vs SEC, consistently beat up on weaker opponents only
Lee - old, slow small, un-agile. Awful last year in college, bust written all over it
Benjamin - should play TE, old and surprisingly unproductive at times
Landry - could be less talented version of this years Allen. More of a baller rather than super athletic...like him if he falls in good spot but possibly lower upside
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:07 pm

italian_stallion21 wrote:I just can't see why everyone is in love with OBJ? While I agree on him having decent college production, the fact that he was awful against any half-decent (ie SEC) school doesn't worry anyone else? It's not like the NFL gets easier.....
I just looked up his SEC/non-SEC splits (for his 2013 season), and they're a little alarming.

Four non-SEC games: 21 catches, 534 yards, 6 TDs.
Eight SEC games: 36 catches, 583 yards, 2 TDs.

For comparison, here are Landry's splits:

Five non-SEC (including 2/21/0 against Iowa): 24 catches, 354 yards, 5 TDs
Eight SEC games: 53 catches, 839 yards, 5 TDs.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Jules wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:I just can't see why everyone is in love with OBJ? While I agree on him having decent college production, the fact that he was awful against any half-decent (ie SEC) school doesn't worry anyone else? It's not like the NFL gets easier.....
I just looked up his SEC/non-SEC splits (for his 2013 season), and they're a little alarming.

Four non-SEC games: 21 catches, 534 yards, 6 TDs.
Eight SEC games: 36 catches, 583 yards, 2 TDs.

For comparison, here are Landry's splits:

Five non-SEC (including 2/21/0 against Iowa): 24 catches, 354 yards, 5 TDs
Eight SEC games: 53 catches, 839 yards, 5 TDs.
And in those SEC games the TDs came in one game, if I recall correctly. He didn't score against the premier defenses of the SEC in 2013. He housed two against Mississippi State tho.

Still like him quite a bit, but it's an under discussed red flag.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

BwK
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BwK » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:18 am

I think you may be over thinking this a bit. I by no means have a crush on OBJ and as I said in my post Im trying to push him down a bit in my rankings but there is no denying hes a baller. I remember several gator wr who lit up the SEC and couldnt play a lick of pro ball. Its only a small piece of the puzzle. When I scouted AJ Green he only went over 100 yds like 5 times in 3 yrs against mostly nobodies like arizona st. idaho state colorado vandy arkansas ... not very impressive for a guy who has cemented himself as top 5 in the NFL.

The point is these are kids. They get bigger stronger faster but they have to start somewhere and I think OBJ is at a great starting point. It also takes situation and determination. Im sure as a kid coming into the NFL welker had alot of knocks against him. I am not sure anyone who wouldnt have wanted welker in his prime on their FF roster.
QB- Ryan, Romo, Winston
WR-Green, Sammy, Benjamin, B. Coleman, Fitzgerald, Lee, Latimer, Algholar, C. Coleman, Doctson
TE-Graham, Green
K-Bailey, Prater
DEF-Rams

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 am

teambadknees wrote:Tier 1
Evans - highest ceiling

Tier 2
Cooks - safest smaller WR out there, young and beast on field and good enough combine
Moncrief - huge upside but smaller hands and question why such low production in college if such a stud?

Tier 3
Lee - old, slow small, un-agile. Awful last year in college, bust written all over it
Landry - could be less talented version of this years Allen. More of a baller rather than super athletic...like him if he falls in good spot but possibly lower upside

I like your honest assessments

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:48 pm

teambadknees wrote:Tier 1
Evans - highest ceiling

Tier 2

Tier 3
This is close to mine. Flip Watkins and Evans (though I agree with what you said about them). I would move Moncrief and Adams down to Tier 3 and Lee (as much as I'm not sold on him)and OBJ up to Tier 2. Otherwise I agree with you. Robinson is my favorite Tier 2 receiver and has been for a while.

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm falling for Allen Robinson big time. Idk what it is, but he just screams "it factor" to me. Personally, I think he belongs in tier 1 of WR's.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:20 pm

I'd like to ask Lee haters 2 questions:

1. Is it solely due to his poor final season? Cause, you know, injuries. Keenan Allen says hi.
2. If the answer is no, does this mean you were also a Lee hater last year when he was the #1 WR prospect?

I have no horse in this race, just curious.
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 am

Zounder wrote:I'd like to ask Lee haters 2 questions:

1. Is it solely due to his poor final season? Cause, you know, injuries. Keenan Allen says hi.
2. If the answer is no, does this mean you were also a Lee hater last year when he was the #1 WR prospect?

I am, by no means, a Lee hater, but he left a lot on the table in his final season. I've gone into this more times than I'd care to discuss, but he had a very hard time catching last season. He wasn't anywhere close to being the same player he was the year before and I just wasn't that impressed with what I saw from him. Keenan Allen and Marqise Lee are completely different types of players (obviously), but even when he was on the field last season, Lee didn't look too special

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

BwK
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BwK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 am

Butt Liqueur wrote:
Zounder wrote:I'd like to ask Lee haters 2 questions:

I am, by no means, a Lee hater, but he left a lot on the table in his final season. I've gone into this more times than I'd care to discuss, but he had a very hard time catching last season. He wasn't anywhere close to being the same player he was the year before and I just wasn't that impressed with what I saw from him. Keenan Allen and Marqise Lee are completely different types of players (obviously), but even when he was on the field last season, Lee didn't look too special
Not sure if you saw the bowl game but LEE is special. He is going go be a very good NFL player. I hope the guys in my league let him fall to me at 1.9 as I will be ecstatic.
Last edited by BwK on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
QB- Ryan, Romo, Winston
TE-Graham, Green
K-Bailey, Prater
DEF-Rams