Bobby Wagner

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Shadas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Bobby Wagner

Postby Shadas » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm

What would you want in picks for Bobby Wagner? We do 1 point for tackle, 4 for a sack, 6 for turnovers. 12 team league, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB. Thanks.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Bobby Wagner

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Well, Wagner has been a disappointment thus far posting games of 6 and 5.50 points in the first two games - but I recently acquired him for a 2014 2nd round rookie pick and B.Mingo (Clev Lb). I think it was a nice deal for me for that team, and if Mingo lives up to his freakish skill set in that improving Clev defense and the other owner (who is in rebuild mode and is active and plugged in) can hit on that 2nd it will be a nice deal for both sides. I agree that he took on the risk in that move but that is part of the fun of doing trades in the first place.

If I were approached by someone wanting Wagner and they were offering picks, I wouldn't move him unless I got at least a 2nd from 2014 ( I wouldn't expect a 1st) and either a start able lb2 or a high ceiling prospect that I liked a lot. (I'm pretty high on Mingo).

Hope that helps a little.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Arkived
Starter
Starter

Re: Bobby Wagner

Postby Arkived » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:00 am

JFever wrote:Well, Wagner has been a disappointment thus far posting games of 6 and 5.50 points in the first two games - but I recently acquired him for a 2014 2nd round rookie pick and B.Mingo (Clev Lb). I think it was a nice deal for me for that team, and if Mingo lives up to his freakish skill set in that improving Clev defense and the other owner (who is in rebuild mode and is active and plugged in) can hit on that 2nd it will be a nice deal for both sides. I agree that he took on the risk in that move but that is part of the fun of doing trades in the first place.

If I were approached by someone wanting Wagner and they were offering picks, I wouldn't move him unless I got at least a 2nd from 2014 ( I wouldn't expect a 1st) and either a start able lb2 or a high ceiling prospect that I liked a lot. (I'm pretty high on Mingo).

Hope that helps a little.

I would have to agree with this. However, I wouldn't be selling at all unless you had to. Wagner has had two weak games. He's incredibly young and talented. He will pick it back up and have a productive season when all is said and done. Hang in there.
Hitting the Wrong Hole - 8 team 1 pt PPR, .25 per carry Dynasty league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 1 DL/LB, 4 DB)
QB - Brady, Bortles, Dalton
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jeremy Hill, Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, Mark Ingram, Danny Woodhead, Thomas Rawls, Derrick Henry, C.J. Prosise, Paul Perkins, DeAndre Washington, Adrian Peterson
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landry, Amari Cooper, Davante Parker, Laquon Treadwell
TE: Rob Gronkowski,Travis Kelce
DL: Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Everson Griffen, Ziggy Ansah, Danielle Hunter, Khalil Mack, Jabaal Sheard, Frank Clark
LB: Lavonte David, Alec Ogletree, Vontaze Burfict, NaVarro Bowman, Telvin Smith, Jamie Collins, Myles Jack, Jatavis Brown, Zach Orr, Devondre Campbell
DB: Morgan Burnett, Harrison Smith, Jonathan Cyprien, Reshad Jones, Kenny Vaccaro, Clayton Geathers, Karl Joseph
Taxi: Paxton Lynch