Giants Defense

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Giants Defense

Postby SoShady » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:26 am

I posted this in the dynasty forum and didn't get any help. So maybe some IDP guys could throw some opinions out on the Giants defense. Obviously this weekend they got a really tough play against the Broncos. I was thinking about trying to bench them this week or maybe even cutting the defense all together. JPP is banged up and Tuck isn't getting any younger. I don't see the play makers on the defense to make them a strong play anymore. Put that together with playing the Eagles/Skins and Cowboys 6 times it's not ideal. I was looking at the Dolphins as a possible replacement. But they have a incredibly tough schedule compared to the Giants. Do I just bite the bullet on the Denver game and hope for the best or pickup a new defense to replace the talent depleted Giants defense. Maybe the Chiefs instead?

FA defenses -

Bucs, Colts, Chargers, Titans, Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, Vikings, Bills, Saints, Panthers, Chiefs, Lions, Eagles, Jags, Raiders

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Giants Defense

Postby Jfever » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:35 pm

I'd drop them and stream defenses. Look ahead a couple weeks and try to acquire defenses one week earlier than the other owners that may be trying to do the same. The Giant's Def with JPP out isn't anything flashy considering their schedule.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:11 pm

JFever wrote:I'd drop them and stream defenses. Look ahead a couple weeks and try to acquire defenses one week earlier than the other owners that may be trying to do the same.
Agreed.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Orangedawg
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Orangedawg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 pm

JFever wrote:I'd drop them and stream defenses. Look ahead a couple weeks and try to acquire defenses one week earlier than the other owners that may be trying to do the same. The Giant's Def with JPP out isn't anything flashy considering their schedule.
Agree - perhaps the Chiefs this week

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Oakland this week is my thoughts as far as streaming D's.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.