Keeper Help

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.

I'm Keeping Trent Richardson (5th rnd pick). Who should I keep with him?

RGIII (8th rnd pick)
No votes
Russell Wilson (waiver - last rnd pick)
70%
Megatron (1st rnd pick)
20%
Peyton Manning (6th rnd pick)
10%

Total votes: 10

gossie_oh9
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Keeper Help

Postby gossie_oh9 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm in a standard scoring league, with 2 QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1 WR/RB, K and D/ST.

We have 8 teams, which is why we have so many at each position.. and this year decided to have two keepers each.

I got TRich in the 5th round last year - so I'm keeping him.

Unsure of my other pick though. Here's my options..

RGIII (8th rnd) - risky with the surgeries, but if he comes back healthy, it's a steal
Russel Wilson (waiver - last rnd pick) - starting to lean this way over RGIII.
Peyton (6th rnd) - probably not going to keep Peyton, as much as a 6th rounder is great value.

Megatron (1st rnd). I traded for him, but would love to have him again, but he will probably still be there if I keep my 1st round pick
Julio (Cant remember the pick, because I traded for him too - but I think it was 3rd or 4th rnd)

My other RBs were Demarco Murray, Vick Ballard (who I love, but he should still be available with a late pick this year), and Gore. I also wasted a second round pick on LFitz.

Right now I'm leaning towards TRich and Wilson (since it's only the last rnd pick I lose). Can I risk not keeping RGIII? He was such a large part of my successfull season
Team 1 (12 teams): 1QB/2RB/2WR/1Flex/1TE
Luck/Cousins/Brock
Yeldon//Forsett/Riddick/T.Coleman/Draughn/KadeemCarey/Knile/Artis-Payne
A.Cooper/D.Parker/Decker/Da.Adams/Montgomery/J.Strong/B.Ellington/M.Wilson/J.Hunter/P.Richardson
ASJ/D.Allen/JoshHill
Taxi: Treadwell/Dixon/Carroo/Marshall/Hooper/Collins/Lasco/Barber

Team 2 (14 teams): 1QB/2RB/2WR/2Flex/1TE
Brady/Rivers/Garrapolo
Ingram/D.Martin/Charles/Shady/J.Williams/Morris/Hightower/Gillislee/Barber
Jeffrey/Marshall/JohnBrown/Dorsett/J.Gordon/Crowder/Sanu
Gates/Walford/D.Sims

JOBOOZOSO
Starter
Starter

Re: Keeper Help

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 pm

2 QB = Wilson

easy call
Free Fantasy Football and Baseball Aggregator for Player News, Articles, Strategies, Advice, Sleepers, Prospects, Rankings, and Twitter

FLGM provides more relevant, daily football information than any other aggregator... combined!

Follow the fantasy action at http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com

2013 Fantasy Football Re-Draft Rankings including IDP
http://www.FantasyLeagueGM.com/2013-rankings

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm

For me its Calvin.

Then I go QB with 2nd and 3rd round picks. You lock up elite talent at wr and rb.

You could easily trade Calvin later for a top 5 qb plus plus plus plus. Calvin, even in 2 qb leagues is the most valuable dynasty or keeper player in the game. I see the thought process for Wilson but lets remember he is still going to be a 2nd year qb. I love the kid too but to keep him over Calvin... I don't know about that. I just think Calvin on your roster is like buying gold. You can sell that gold even when the market is down and many times you can basically set the price.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 am

Gotta go Wilson here I think. The value is just too good.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

gossie_oh9
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gossie_oh9 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 am

Yea, I agree with you on Calvin. But my thought process is that I can still get him with my first pick anyway.

The guy that drafted him had back to back picks last year, and drafted him first, and then Chris Johnson. I really wish he switched that up. A 2nd rounder for Megatron and keeping my 1st round pick would have been sweet!

I still have a few months to figure this out.. no one's willing to take the risk on RGIII?
Team 1 (12 teams): 1QB/2RB/2WR/1Flex/1TE
Luck/Cousins/Brock
Yeldon//Forsett/Riddick/T.Coleman/Draughn/KadeemCarey/Knile/Artis-Payne
A.Cooper/D.Parker/Decker/Da.Adams/Montgomery/J.Strong/B.Ellington/M.Wilson/J.Hunter/P.Richardson
ASJ/D.Allen/JoshHill
Taxi: Treadwell/Dixon/Carroo/Marshall/Hooper/Collins/Lasco/Barber

Team 2 (14 teams): 1QB/2RB/2WR/2Flex/1TE
Brady/Rivers/Garrapolo
Ingram/D.Martin/Charles/Shady/J.Williams/Morris/Hightower/Gillislee/Barber
Jeffrey/Marshall/JohnBrown/Dorsett/J.Gordon/Crowder/Sanu
Gates/Walford/D.Sims

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:23 am

gossie_oh9 wrote:Yea, I agree with you on Calvin. But my thought process is that I can still get him with my first pick anyway.

The guy that drafted him had back to back picks last year, and drafted him first, and then Chris Johnson. I really wish he switched that up. A 2nd rounder for Megatron and keeping my 1st round pick would have been sweet!

I still have a few months to figure this out.. no one's willing to take the risk on RGIII?
nope. not when Russell offers the same or better performance with less health risk and at a cheaper price
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm

in the 2qb leagues i play in, everyone usually keeps a qb. with that being said...dont know how your drafts usually play out, but mine, you better get your 2nd qb in rd 1, because your dealing with scraps by rd 3. my strategy was to always load up on the rb's and wr, then take the scraps in rd 8 and 10 or somewhere in that range. that worked for me because of the rookie qb's that i felt strong about. this year however, i dont see that happening with this group of rookies. im thinking you keep wilson and draft wr, then qb or rb, whichever has the most value, and your setting yourself up for a nice year. if you dont keep wilson, you could end up taking talented rb's and wr's and find yourself short at qb, with the likes of eli and roethlisberger. just a shot in the dark, but im betting you can end up with wilson and manning or romo if not better, plus one of megatron, julio, graham, gronk, etc...

regnal
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby regnal » Thu May 09, 2013 4:53 pm

If it was I, I would take peyton with the 6th (really the 8th). Take Calvin in first round. Take another qb in second round and perhap RG3 might be there unless you can wait longer in the draft since he is hurt (depends on the people in your league. I would start talking to them and baiting them about how he wont be the same, slower, injury prone in college, same knee, etc... )perhaps he will be there in the 4th or 5th rd since there are only 8 people in this league.

QB Peyton
QB RG3/???
Rb Trent
Wr calvin

Not a bad start for first 1st rd IMO. Getting a second qb in 2nd is based on your scoring.. You Might want to get another RB in 2nd and 3rd rd and then grab RG3 in 4th... There will be plenty of WR to fill your team when it is your turn in the 7th.
10 Team "Justice League"
2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR), 1 Flex (RB/WR) 1 K, NO DEF

QB: Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick
RB: LeVeon Bell, Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Chris Johnson, Ben Tate, Bobby rainey, Lance Dunbar
WR: Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant, Keenan Allen, DeMaryius Thomas, Rueben Randle,
TE: Jason Witten, Dennis Pitta
K: Robbie Gould