Lance Dunbar

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Lance Dunbar

Postby general mills » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Curious as to everyone thoughts on this guy? It seems that he may get the start against the Redskins this week.

From Roto:
ESPN Dallas expects Lance Dunbar to start Thursday's game against the Redskins if Felix Jones (knee) is inactive.
Jones aggravated his knee issue against the Browns last week, missed practice Tuesday and could be headed for a game-time call. Dunbar has been dealing with some knee woes of his own, but he appears to be slightly ahead of Phillip Tanner. They split the first-team reps in practice Tuesday, hinting at a timeshare. It's a situation to avoid if Felix sits. Nov 21 - 8:33 AM
Source: ESPN Dallas

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Lance Dunbar

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 am

Even if he plays well, I see next to zero fantasy upside. Murray has proven to be an injury risk, yes, but he's young and talented and I don't see any of the other scrubs behind him taking his job. At best Dunbar is still a career backup IMO.

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 am

Water Buffalo wrote:Even if he plays well, I see next to zero fantasy upside. Murray has proven to be an injury risk, yes, but he's young and talented and I don't see any of the other scrubs behind him taking his job. At best Dunbar is still a career backup IMO.
I don't expect anything from him today, but how do you label him as a career backup when he's a rookie?
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 am

Patmos wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:Even if he plays well, I see next to zero fantasy upside. Murray has proven to be an injury risk, yes, but he's young and talented and I don't see any of the other scrubs behind him taking his job. At best Dunbar is still a career backup IMO.
I don't expect anything from him today, but how do you label him as a career backup when he's a rookie?
It's a projection.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Well I guess we will see how well he does. Murray is still under a rookie contract so the money won't be the deciding factor.