What can we expect from Hillman ROS?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

What can we expect from Hillman ROS?

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Welp, the title sums it up.
Some of us just lost a starting RB in Willis. Some of us gained a starting RB in Ronnie Hillman.

What can we expect from Hillman the rest of this season?
How does the offense suit his talents and how does the remaining schedule look for a RB with his skill set and offensive role?

If you'd like to comment on his career trajectory please feel free to, but comment on the original question first.

Thanks.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: What can we expect from Hillman ROS?

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:48 pm

10-15 touches a game, RB3, Ball gets goalline, Bryce Brown scores more points.

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Agreed, 1st and 2nd down will mostly be his. 15 carries or so.

His schedule has some pretty juicy match ups though with @Chiefs, @Raiders, @ Ravens, and vs Browns. Raiders, Ravens and browns for the fantasy playoffs? That sounds good to me.

I would guess he can get in the 60-75 yards range. TDs might be sparse as he is not probably not a goal line guy. But in PPR he might get a catch or two.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:10-15 touches a game, RB3, Ball gets goalline, Bryce Brown scores more points.
We shall see if Shady even misses any time. A hunch tells me McCoy plays.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

TryingToWin wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:10-15 touches a game, RB3, Ball gets goalline, Bryce Brown scores more points.
Did you see the injury? McCoy was on Jupiter. Needed a cart to get him back to the locker room. Reports were he needed teammates to guide him around the locker room. Team has no reason to rush him back. Reid was blasted by the press for playing him at that point (late 4th). Feels like he'll miss >= 3 weeks to me. JMO.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:
Did you see the injury? McCoy was on Jupiter. Needed a cart to get him back to the locker room. Reports were he needed teammates to guide him around the locker room. Team has no reason to rush him back. Reid was blasted by the press for playing him at that point (late 4th). Feels like he'll miss >= 3 weeks to me. JMO.

Wow, no I haven't seen the injury yet. I dn't want McCoy to be hurt but in the event that he is, I like Bryce so I would love to see him out on the field.

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm

I agree with what others have said about the mix of carries...but I really like Hillman getting catches out of the backfield. If he can prove himself in pass protection, I foresee him getting the bulk of the playing time at the position, regardless of what down it is.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:47 pm

jlasaf2007 wrote:I agree with what others have said about the mix of carries...but I really like Hillman getting catches out of the backfield. If he can prove himself in pass protection, I foresee him getting the bulk of the playing time at the position, regardless of what down it is.
That is the big question. With how small he is he needs to prove that he can stop a guy 50 pounds heavier than him from killing their best player. If he can do that his playing time will only increase because Lance Ball is not really a dynamic threat to him.

I think that his biggest asset will be his pass catching ability.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm

TryingToWin wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:
TryingToWin wrote: We shall see if Shady even misses any time. A hunch tells me McCoy plays.

Wow, no I haven't seen the injury yet. I dn't want McCoy to be hurt but in the event that he is, I like Bryce so I would love to see him out on the field.
Recovery times for concussions vary from person to person, regardless of severity. Mccoy doesn't have a history of concussions I believe either. 3 weeks is an absolute worst case scenario I would think.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

McCoy won't be out 3 weeks. He'll probably miss MNF but be back Week 13.

49erAus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby 49erAus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote: Did you see the injury? McCoy was on Jupiter. Needed a cart to get him back to the locker room. Reports were he needed teammates to guide him around the locker room. Team has no reason to rush him back. Reid was blasted by the press for playing him at that point (late 4th). Feels like he'll miss >= 3 weeks to me. JMO.

Recovery times for concussions vary from person to person, regardless of severity. Mccoy doesn't have a history of concussions I believe either. 3 weeks is an absolute worst case scenario I would think.
i wouldnt be at all surprised to see him play(probably not in this modern age tho ), a lot of the time you can recover quicker getting a bad reaction quickly. its the concussions that you feel fine immediately and then a day or 2 later just crash that are bad.
its the reason they dont like you sleeping much the night of a concussion if you think your fine but show symptoms.

back to topic

could see hillman getting 15-20 touches 70-80 yards. with the matchups coming in the next few weeks i wouldnt be surprised to see him pull off a couple of big runs or take one to the house from 50 out.
32 team dynasty, ppr, IDP big play scoring, 40 man qb, rb, 2 wr, te, Wr/Rb/TE flex, k, 3 lb, 2 de, dt , lb/dl flex, 2 cb, 2 s
qb- Wilsonrb- d Wilson , miller, javon ringer wr- crabtree, hill, Jeffrey, Palmer te- J dreesen, D walker v green, d fells

Picks 1.09 1.11 2.05 3.05 4.05 5.11

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 am

Pro Football Focus talks about Hillman:

"With an MCL tear that will sideline Willis McGahee for the rest of the regular season, Ronnie Hillman looks like the new starter for Denver. I wonder how much of an acceleration it really is for him. Even before the injury, Hillman was seeing more and more work. The three games before Sunday, Hillman saw 58 total snaps to McGahee’s 137 snaps, which is about 30 percent of the workload. Once McGahee left, Hillman saw 32 snaps versus 25 for Lance Ball. Hillman has a statistical edge over Ball in a couple of critical areas. First, his +1.3 pass block grade is almost identical to McGahee, despite the few opportunities. Ball has a -0.2 pass block rating. Second, Hillman already has 10 receptions in limited work and sports a +0.6 receiving grade, while Ball is -2.1 as a receiver.

The one reservation I have with Hillman is that he is a bit small, at only 5’9 and 200 lbs. The natural assumption to make, then, is that Ball could see more work in close, but with Hillman’s early success as a blocker, I do not believe that is definite. Meanwhile, McGahee already had 26 receptions for 221 yards in little more than half a season, which is more pass work than he had seen in any full season since 2007. Hillman will probably split time with Ball, at least initially, but I do not believe that will be a limitation to his fantasy potential. McGahee had fewer touchdowns than expected so far this year simply because of luck, and yet he has remained a consistent RB2. I expect Hillman to be at least as productive as McGahee has been so far this season, and with a full career ahead of him, the potential is much greater. I see him as a top-15 back for the rest of this season, so in any league, dynasty or otherwise, I would be comfortable exhausting the majority of my FAAB for him."

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

I traded LaFell for him straight up a week before McGahee went down. I'm out of it this year, so he's really only hurting my draft position at this point, but it will be nice to see what he can do.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker