Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Re: Vick done?

Postby holy_stromboli » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Vick is done in Philly. This is the excuse Reid has needed to start Foles and keep his own job.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 pm

As a Maclin & McCoy owner, I feel more confident on Foles getting more production out of those 2. Still stings that Shady didn't get that goal line carry as it looks like I might lose this week because of that. Oh, and Dez getting that "touchdown" really killed me too!

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

I had Foles but let him go. How good can this kid be? Wonder what this does to the value of offensive starters in Philly. Is he even the long term answer?
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Foles is a good system QB. He can make throws and do what the coaches want him. Being 6'5" he has a little bit of Ben in him, being able to extend plays by not getting knocked down. I don't think he is a potential elite QB in any way. His upside is someone like Schaub. Maybe Matt Hasselbeck.

He may be better than Kolb. Kolb developed a skittishness which hurt him a lot. I think Foles has taken in the system faster than Kolb did. Kolb had good timing on timing routes, could make quick decisions if a play worked, which Foles hasn't shown yet. Foles has better pocket awareness, so far.

If he starts the rest of the year, it adds risk to his value. A new staff could easily dump him if he struggles. A 3rd round pick, the organization has little invested in him, and will be fine if he's only a backup.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:33 pm

I believe Vick is done in Philly. I wouldn't be convinced that a team like Buffalo doesn't try an experiement next year with Vick.

A.Reid appears to be coaching for his next job, so he will likely make the decisions he can explain and support as best for the team to win in his up coming job interviews. The owner already said that Reid's job was in jeopardy if the team didn't go deep into the playoffs and it's not looking good for that to happen.

CammackKiller
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CammackKiller » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm

What is Foles value? Is it time to unload him to the Vick owner or wait and see if Reid keeps his job and Foles becomes really valuable next year?
14 team 23 man roster 1/4 ppr non idp std 6 pt td for all. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, K, DST
Stafford, Russell Wilson & Osweiler
AP, McFadden, J Stew, Latavius Murray, Jerick McKinnon Tyler Gaffney & Charles Sims
Demaryius, Dez, Julio, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Josh Gordon, Britt, Brian Quick & Brian Tyms
Rudolph, Donnell & Ebron
A Kicker & A def

havoc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby havoc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:12 pm

It looks like it. If any doubt remained before yesterday's game that shouldn't be the case now, this is a lost season for the Eagles. They're calling Vick's concussion "significant". They will likely want to find out what they have in Foles, and assessing him accurately will need more than a few games.
You & Whose Army? 10 year, 12-team League.
2014: 6-7, 77-53 reg.season all-time. Playoffs in '06-'12 (4-6 record)

QB R.Tannehill, M.Sanchez, D.Carr (R), M.Flynn
RB J.Bell, D.Herron, K.Williams, B.Brown, L.Taliaferro (R), J.Randle
WR R.White, M.Wallace, C.Patterson, M.Wilson, M.Lee (R), J.Matthews (R), W.Welker, S.Bailey
TE J.Thomas, M.Bennet, M.Rivera
PK C.Catanzaro
D/ST Bills, Raiders

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Foles, for a rookie qb seems to read progresions just as well as Vick; has a strong arm similar to Vick & Foles also has a nice pocket presence considering his less than idea 0-line situation. His size is nice and very comparible to big Ben although his scrambling and running ability isn't on par with either of them. I don't see him as having a super high ceiling as a true qb1, but, non the less - I think he has qb2 upside. I drafted Foles late in a start up this past spring with this very sinerio in mind. I figured it was a good bet and a cheap way to get a decent rookie qb prospect that could land up in a good / passing offense. Seems to have come to frutition and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised it has taken till the verge of week 11 before Vick sustained an injury that was game time threatining.

:2cents:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 am

JFever wrote:Foles, for a rookie qb seems to read progresions just as well as Vick; has a strong arm similar to Vick & Foles also has a nice pocket presence considering his less than idea 0-line situation. His size is nice and very comparible to big Ben although his scrambling and running ability isn't on par with either of them. I don't see him as having a super high ceiling as a true qb1, but, non the less - I think he has qb2 upside. I drafted Foles late in a start up this past spring with this very sinerio in mind. I figured it was a good bet and a cheap way to get a decent rookie qb prospect that could land up in a good / passing offense. Seems to have come to frutition and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised it has taken till the verge of week 11 before Vick sustained an injury that was game time threatining.

I'm sorry, but did you just say that Foles has a strong arm similar to Vick? Vick might not be the most accurate passer in NFL history, but that dude has always had a gun. Foles isn't anywhere close.

Maybe I watched a different dude on Sunday or had too much beer coursing through my veins, but Foles looked bad to me. I don't mean correctable stuff like simply making bad decisions, I mean physical stuff such as showing poor arm strength with wobbly passes and rainbow throws. There were literally multiple moments in that game where I found myself muttering "Really Eagles, THIS is who you are banking on?"

If I have Foles, I'm selling high right now. I don't see it.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 am

I agree with sell high but his arm strength is good. Not elite like Vick but good. He has velocity on intermediate throws. His long throws do sail high but he can make them.

They dink and dunked a lot Sunday, but that was mainly a lack of gameplan. He'll look better vs. Was I think, but he's definitely not a savior, just better than the backups they had (Kafka, TEdwards).

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 am

I agree that Foles is a sell. The new coaching staff will want their own QB.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 am

I'm actually trying to buy Vick in some leagues, starting with the league in my sig. Vick owner also owns Alex Smith, and he has some nice QB depth, so I'm hoping offering Kaepernick + something will get me close. I think Vick has 3 or so more highly productive years in him somewhere like Buffalo or Jacksonville. It'll probably be a terrible team anyway, where expectations aren't that high, who'll let him do what he does best and just use his athleticism. Considering his value is in the floor, I like him as a target at this point.

As for Foles, the new FO may want their own QB, but where do they get him from? If the Eagles do 8-8 it's not like their are typically a ton of franchise QB's left by the middle of the 1st round. Foles may get at least 2013 to show what he has, what they do at QB probably depends a lot on where they finish.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am

Water Buffalo wrote:
JFever wrote:Foles, for a rookie qb seems to read progresions just as well as Vick; has a strong arm similar to Vick & Foles also has a nice pocket presence considering his less than idea 0-line situation. His size is nice and very comparible to big Ben although his scrambling and running ability isn't on par with either of them. I don't see him as having a super high ceiling as a true qb1, but, non the less - I think he has qb2 upside. I drafted Foles late in a start up this past spring with this very sinerio in mind. I figured it was a good bet and a cheap way to get a decent rookie qb prospect that could land up in a good / passing offense. Seems to have come to frutition and to be honest, I'm a bit surprised it has taken till the verge of week 11 before Vick sustained an injury that was game time threatining.

I'm sorry, but did you just say that Foles has a strong arm similar to Vick? Vick might not be the most accurate passer in NFL history, but that dude has always had a gun. Foles isn't anywhere close.

Maybe I watched a different dude on Sunday or had too much beer coursing through my veins, but Foles looked bad to me. I don't mean correctable stuff like simply making bad decisions, I mean physical stuff such as showing poor arm strength with wobbly passes and rainbow throws. There were literally multiple moments in that game where I found myself muttering "Really Eagles, THIS is who you are banking on?"

No where close.... really? You speak as if Foles should be compared to C.Pennington more so than Vick... C'mon. A strong arm (or gun) if you will, means little if it isn't accurate. Vick has never been accused of being overly accurate. Also, Foles does have a stronger than average arm and I'd say he is substantially more accurate. In my opinion - this is better combination than what Vick's passing abilities have brought to the table as of late. Pull up some tape on him and watch. Don't just look at last weeks partial game. He / and the Eagles didn't game plan for Foles to even be in the game so it really isn't an accurate piece of film in which to draw a conclusion of the kids arm. Look it up then post what you've seen. Vick may have a strong arm but what the hell good is it when he is scrambling, fumbling, and getting his brain scrambled by the sacks hes taking. A 3 step drop with a accurate throw on a timing route is what the doctor ordered for Andy Reid's job and the Eagles offense. WEST coast.... Foles CAN do that. :2cents:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

JFever wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:

No where close.... really? You speak as if Foles should be compared to C.Pennington more so than Vick... C'mon. A strong arm (or gun) if you will, means little if it isn't accurate. Vick has never been accused of being overly accurate. Also, Foles does have a stronger than average arm and I'd say he is substantially more accurate. In my opinion - this is better combination than what Vick's passing abilities have brought to the table as of late. Pull up some tape on him and watch. Don't just look at last weeks partial game. He / and the Eagles didn't game plan for Foles to even be in the game so it really isn't an accurate piece of film in which to draw a conclusion of the kids arm. Look it up then post what you've seen. Vick may have a strong arm but what the hell good is it when he is scrambling, fumbling, and getting his brain scrambled by the sacks hes taking. A 3 step drop with a accurate throw on a timing route is what the doctor ordered for Andy Reid's job and the Eagles offense. WEST coast.... Foles CAN do that. :2cents:
Accuracy wasn't your argument and hence wasn't my dispute with your statement (can't dispute what you didn't say). You said, and I quote, that Foles "has a strong arm similar to Vick" which is just flat out wrong. Vick has always had a cannon of an arm, and no, as far as NFL caliber arms are concerned, Foles isn't close.