A. Morris

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: A. Morris

Postby Chris_R » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm

What reason would they have to fire Shanny? You just hit on your franchise QB, have a perfect system in place for him, and probably are winning 6 games or so. Those aren't even close to grounds for being fired. This year was all about getting RGIII acclimated and being competitive, all of which they have done. They weren't going to win the division this year nor expected to do so, so his job isn't in doubt. Who honestly expected the Skins to be that much better then they are right now?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm

How can you as a Cowboys fan expect Daniel Snyder to do anything logical.

The comments following the Panthers game about playing for next year set off a firestorm. You can make a point the only good thing he's done in WAS is completing the trade to move up.

I definitely think 2013 is make or break. A sophomore slump from RG3 would doom him. And the division will still be tough even if the Eagles take a step back.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:34 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:How can you as a Cowboys fan expect Daniel Snyder to do anything logical.

The comments following the Panthers game about playing for next year set off a firestorm. You can make a point the only good thing he's done in WAS is completing the trade to move up.

I definitely think 2013 is make or break. A sophomore slump from RG3 would doom him. And the division will still be tough even if the Eagles take a step back.

I agree completely, on all accounts. Just that firing him this year is extremely unlikely. Anything is possible, but I would have guessed a 3-13 season would only put him on the hot seat for 2014, but the fact that he did secure the trade up to get RGIII(that's a pretty big right IMO, not getting it done likely ended the Holmgren tenure and getting him would have probably saved his bleep), structured a perfect offense for him to play in(which I doubt they really plan on stunting their QB's progression by throwing him a new offense so soon), and they have been competitive almost weekly while losing numerous key players on defense as well as their #1 WR.

All things considered Shanny has done just fine this year, but trust me as a Cowboy fan I'd love to see him go and take Kyle with him. I just feel like whatever your opinion of Shanny was as the 2011 season ended, he hasn't really done much to be worse other then that idiotic comment, but that will come and go. As long as RGIII continues to look like a stud and progress, and they stay competitive every week, he'll get 2013 to see if they make a big leap, or stay a pretender.

I just can't possibly see another Head Coach stepping in right after 2011 ended and doing a better job honestly. This team still needs some work, and considering he was rotating John Beck and Rex Grossman at QB I'm willing to give him a mulligan. The McNabb thing made him look bad, really bad, but Head Coaches who step into jobs without a franchise QB IMO should always be awarded a little more time, you can't compete without one and I don't care who you are.

Chuck Pagano stepped into a job with Andrew Luck as his QB, now watch how good of a coach people will be talking about him being in 5 years. It's weird like that but just the way it is. Now that Shanny has secured RGIII, excuses are gone, and he'll be watched to see the improvements next year and certainly be on the hot seat. But minus Shanny having his team quit on him ie Wade Phillips in Dallas, no way he won't be brought back.
Last edited by Chris_R on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:03 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:
WZA wrote:Around here...zero...because of Shanny.

He's a plodder, it's the system, Shanny will replace him next week, blah blah blah.

Why can't people finally give this kid some respect?

You'll probably not get much in a trade for him because of the "reasons" above. Maybe a 1st round, but I'd much rather have a proven RB than a crap shoot draft pick.
Shanahan is getting fired at the end of the year. Enjoy.
Doubt that. If anyone gets fired it will be Haslett. If anything I think that down the road Mike will move into the front office leaving the HC job to his son.

Back to Morris talk though this offense has really gotten away from being a run first offense or a pound it down your throat type of offense. This is what will hurt Morris. Kyle is more of a pass first OC.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I know I'm late, but Morris is the real deal. Even Shanahan likes him. I think we could see something similar to Terrell Davis

ultrarunner
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ultrarunner » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

They just need to use him in the passing game more and he has started to be used on 3rd down more so that is a plus.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Courtesy of PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... r-week-11/
10. Alfred Morris, RB, WAS (+5.3)

Morris is just about hanging on after his worst performance of the year where he was flagged for two penalties, fumbled the ball and picked up just 3.8 yards per carry.
These are not things Shanny wants to see.

jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jnormy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:Courtesy of PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... r-week-11/

Morris is just about hanging on after his worst performance of the year where he was flagged for two penalties, fumbled the ball and picked up just 3.8 yards per carry.
And yet Shanny has turned over 3rd down duties to Morris and said about him, "If he can stay healthy and just keep on doing the things he's done, he will be a big-time back for a lot of years. He’s a special guy."

Also said this about Morris as an every-down back in his Monday press conference: "I thought he did an excellent job. He's getting much more comfortable with the system. I told him he can stay in there as long as he wants to. When he gets tired, he comes out on his own. He's got a good feel for our protections right now. Any time he's in the game, he's an added threat for us. He feels good enough to pick up all the different protection schemes. He's strong enough right now where he'll put his hat in there and do the things that he needs to do to give us good protection. I have a lot of confidence in him. He's always a threat running the football, so that's why he's in there."

Alf is THE MAN among Redskins RBs, and that's not changing anytime soon, not by a long shot.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

jnormy wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:Courtesy of PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... r-week-11/

And yet Shanny has turned over 3rd down duties to Morris and said about him, "If he can stay healthy and just keep on doing the things he's done, he will be a big-time back for a lot of years. He’s a special guy."

Also said this about Morris as an every-down back in his Monday press conference: "I thought he did an excellent job. He's getting much more comfortable with the system. I told him he can stay in there as long as he wants to. When he gets tired, he comes out on his own. He's got a good feel for our protections right now. Any time he's in the game, he's an added threat for us. He feels good enough to pick up all the different protection schemes. He's strong enough right now where he'll put his hat in there and do the things that he needs to do to give us good protection. I have a lot of confidence in him. He's always a threat running the football, so that's why he's in there."

Alf is THE MAN among Redskins RBs, and that's not changing anytime soon, not by a long shot.
If he can stay healthy, it's his job. The one thing Shanahan has suffered with are RB injuries and he mostly wants a guy who he can start every week and not worry about. I don't think Morris is that special but he's good enough for what they need.