Is it just me or is MFL TERRIBLE with Waivers and FAAB?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Is it just me or is MFL TERRIBLE with Waivers and FAAB?

Postby hamburglar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Full disclosure this is my first season using MFL. But allow me to plead my case.

The minute a player is dropped by another team I should be able to put a bid in for him. Not saying the recently cut player shouldnt be on locked status for a predetermined and fair amount of time. Because I do agree with that. But other fantasy sites allow me to immediately put in my claim or enter my bid... essentially allowing me to set it and forget it. MFL seems to not be set up to handle this simple task.

Not only that but I tried to pick up a player in a FAAB recently and the player I was dropping was on my Taxi Squad. Now the player I was acquiring is a rookie, and I am able to add rookies to the Taxi Squad but the MFL system not only wont let you do that... but it doesnt even tell you that you entered in an illegal request. It just displays like I have a claim in then doesnt honor it. In this case I was lucky enough that no one else had put in a bid on the player. But suppose someone had... i'd have been screwed.

Overall there are a lot of aspects I really like about MFL... but I have to see in some ways these two above included it seems rather counter intuitive and just plain dumb.

Anyone else have these thoughts, experiences, counter feelings?

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Is it just me or is MFL TERRIBLE with Waivers and FAAB?

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Your commish doesn't have it set up properly.

He needs to switch this option to YES from NO.

Allow owners to submit requests for recently dropped (or "locked") players separately from other players (free agents), as subject to league calendar rules?

edit: Not sure about your second problem/request as the league I commish doesn't use free agent bidding.

jimjim90
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jimjim90 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm

This is my second year as a commish using MFL. I will grant you that some aspects of MFL can be complicated - it took me well into last season before I could get my waivers set up exactly the way I wanted. I did a lot of MFL "help" clicking as well as some Googling about the site. I don't know how long the site has been around, but apparently these guys have been doing it for awhile. They tried to set up waivers to simulate how it used to be in the "old days," which means pre-internet. So some things are not as web friendly as they could be. As for the recently dropped players, yes, the commish has to set them to be locked separately.

When I set up my site last year, I eliminated the taxi squad for the reasons you mentioned. I wanted to use it as an I/R or extra slot, but it wouldn't work the way I wanted it to (don't remember the exact problem as it was over a year ago), so instead I just added an extra roster slot. Much easier. My advice would be to move a different player to the Taxi Squad and move the guy you want to drop to your bench, then enter the request. Then you can reshuffle your roster again after the move if you want to.

"Not only that but I tried to pick up a player in a FAAB recently and the player I was dropping was on my Taxi Squad. Now the player I was acquiring is a rookie, and I am able to add rookies to the Taxi Squad but the MFL system not only wont let you do that... but it doesnt even tell you that you entered in an illegal request. It just displays like I have a claim in then doesnt honor it."

Not sure I totally understand what you mean. ^^^ You say that you CAN add rookies to the Taxi Squad, but you also say that the player you tried to acquire was a rookie and it DIDN'T honor it. ??? Are there rules governing the Taxi Squad? Like I said, I just got rid of it and added extra roster spot(s). It ends up serving the same purpose without the headache.

I hope some of this helps and doesn't just give you a headache. Here's a link to MFL forums where I also found a lot answers to my questions.

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forum ... howforum=2
16 team dynasty league, salary cap, .5 PPR, return yards, IDP

QB: Prescott, T. Taylor, Manuel
RB: Gurley, D. Martin, Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Foreman, Zenner, B. Cunningham
WR: Cooks, K. Benjamin, Jeffery, C. Coleman, Treadwell, Kupp, R. Anderson, T. Sharpe, E. Rogers
TE: Ebron, D. Sims, J. Graham, C. Brate

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:Your commish doesn't have it set up properly.

He needs to switch this option to YES from NO.

Allow owners to submit requests for recently dropped (or "locked") players separately from other players (free agents), as subject to league calendar rules?

edit: Not sure about your second problem/request as the league I commish doesn't use free agent bidding.

ur the 2nd problem is because u are only allowed to carry so many people on ur roster, taxi squad guys arent counted as ur roster, only 2 ways to go about that.

1. ur commish could change it to where u can have more players then roster spots, the owner doing it just has to cut his roster back down
2. u have to switch someone on ur roster with the taxi squad guy, the dropped the oringinal taxi squad guy, and pick up new guy, then put him on taxi squad.

im in leagues that do both of them