Redskins sign Ryan Grant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Redskins sign Ryan Grant

Postby WZA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Seriously?

Makes me wonder how bad the injuries are to Helu and Royster. No way Grant can unseat Morris, right?

I hate Shannahan.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Redskins sign Ryan Grant

Postby henry1jg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 pm

I hope not, I don't have Alfred anymore, but I really like the guy.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:21 am

Helu was placed on IR today. Now this signing makes sense.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 am

WZA wrote:Helu was placed on IR today. Now this signing makes sense.
Make sense? Since when does Shanny ever make sense? :neener:

Kidding aside, Grant shouldn't be a threat to early down work. Then again, who knows.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 am

Dear god, Helu is battling a little turf toe and gets sent to IR for it 3 weeks into the season? I know Shanahan does some crazy stuff, but wow.....

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:28 am

Water Buffalo wrote:Dear god, Helu is battling a little turf toe and gets sent to IR for it 3 weeks into the season? I know Shanahan does some crazy stuff, but wow.....
Good point. He must have done something else to piss off Shanny.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

WZA wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:Dear god, Helu is battling a little turf toe and gets sent to IR for it 3 weeks into the season? I know Shanahan does some crazy stuff, but wow.....
Good point. He must have done something else to piss off Shanny.
I think being classified as an RB is enough to piss off Shanahan. He sure loves messing with that position.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am

Helu had achilles problems also
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

DynastyFeed
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyFeed » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 am

WZA wrote:Seriously?

Makes me wonder how bad the injuries are to Helu and Royster. No way Grant can unseat Morris, right?

I hate Shannahan.
ANYONE can be unseated at RB in a WAS offense. Before the season started I assumed that the 'skins leading rusher at the end of the season probably isn't on the roster yet. I may be right.

Grant will probably start within 4 weeks.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 am

And the stock of Alfred Morris continues to get higher. He's staying healthy, not fumbling, and everyone behind him is doing everything they can to lose ground. I have him in 2 leagues left and all things considered I'm keeping him. No sense in giving up a feature back even if it's a low end RB2 who doesn't offer a ton of upside, when injuries start happening he's a guy you can plug in and not have to reshape your whole team to fix depth issues.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 am

I am so disgusted with Mike Shanahan, Helu rips off 3 back to back 100 yard games last season and not only does he get very minimal playing time but the guy gets a little turf toe along with a slightly sore achilles and they throw him on IR.

I've learned my lesson, never again will I draft a shanny RB. Never again

Birdman10687
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Birdman10687 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:29 pm

DeathMagnetic83 wrote:I assumed that the 'skins leading rusher at the end of the season probably isn't on the roster yet. I may be right.

The leading rusher at the end of the season for the skins will probably be RGIII. Behind him, the next most likely is Morris. The only way Grant will be the starter is if Morris and Royster get seriously injured (Royster's "injury" right now is just hurt knee, could easily be back this week or next).

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Birdman10687 wrote:
DeathMagnetic83 wrote:I assumed that the 'skins leading rusher at the end of the season probably isn't on the roster yet. I may be right.

The leading rusher at the end of the season for the skins will probably be RGIII. Behind him, the next most likely is Morris. The only way Grant will be the starter is if Morris and Royster get seriously injured (Royster's "injury" right now is just hurt knee, could easily be back this week or next).
See, your problem here is that you're using logic. To describe the Redskins RB usage. With Shanahan as coach.

Birdman10687
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Birdman10687 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I am so disgusted with Mike Shanahan, Helu rips off 3 back to back 100 yard games last season and not only does he get very minimal playing time but the guy gets a little turf toe along with a slightly sore achilles and they throw him on IR.

I've learned my lesson, never again will I draft a shanny RB. Never again
If this is your take that is fine, but you should examine what is going on a little more closely.

People over blow the whole shannahanigans thing a bit much. Last year Hightower was squarely the starter and only lost it when he tore his ACL--that had nothing to do with Shannahan. After that, the season became a carousel of running backs that was dictated almost 100% by injury, and occasionally by shannahan trying to figure out who his best running back was. After the no.1 goes down, it isn't always clear who the next best guy is.

If you follow Shanny's career and how he uses running backs he really doesn't pull all the crap people say he does. He stuck with Terrel Davis very consistently, then had a year where he lost running backs over and over again due to injury. What made him start to get a rep was that as he inserted various guys into the starting role, they all seemed to be equally successful. It wasn't that he was doing it for fun, it was that guys would get injured. Coming into the season Royster was the number 1 back because a) he had done very well last season (2 consecutive 100 yard games) and b) he was healthy (helu had achilles tendonitis in BOTH achilles). I think any coach would have royster as their number 1 guy. Then royster got hurt and he put in Morris and Morris started doing very well as we have seen. What has he done that is so inexplicable? He put a guy on the IR who has achilles tendonitis in BOTH achilles and now has turf toe which is awful for an RB. Why would he keep a banged up RB on the roster who was behind TWO other guys (Morris and Royster)? Sounds like he made a good coaching decision...
Last edited by Birdman10687 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman10687
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Birdman10687 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
Birdman10687 wrote:

See, your problem here is that you're using logic. To describe the Redskins RB usage. With Shanahan as coach.
What illogical moves that Shanny made with RBs can you honestly point to?