New Dynasty League / Need Ideas for Contracts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BottleKnockers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

New Dynasty League / Need Ideas for Contracts

Postby BottleKnockers » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Hello...new to forum

I run two leagues (yearly redraft, and limited keeper). These are all personal friends leagues that have been going on for years. So often spots don't ever open. To get more people our collective group know involved, I'm going to start a 3rd league. I have most of the details down on what I want to use, but I could use advice on a couple topics

10 tm PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1Flex RB/WR/TE. We don't use kickers or DST. I want to use limited IDP of 1LB, 1DL, 1DB, 1 DFlex.
Based on how these 12 starters, what size would you make rosters. How many IR slots? How many PracSquad slots?
I was thinking 22, 3 prac squad, 2 IR

The other portion that alot of people want to do is play with "real money". We use a $200 auction and another $100 FAAB. So I plan on doing a $300 entry fee that buys you your 200+100. Add/drops would then be free since you paid the money. This way each fantasy dollar equals a real dollar.
What I'm struggling with is how to do contracts and/or player value inflation over each year.
Since I know I don't want to do a full dynasty, I thought maybe it would be best to set a salary floor and salary cap that must be carried over into each season. So if the floor and cap is, for example, between $80 and $150, you could carry over any amount of players, after inflation, so long as they fit into that range.
I like this model, as my limited keeper also uses yearly inflation, but I would like to somehow incorporate contracts and lengths of contracts.

Or if there's another way of going about it, I'd be open to any suggestions. Thanks.