Craziest comments you have ever heard?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Craziest comments you have ever heard?

Postby joeday » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

I asked another owner if he was interested in Megatron. His response:

"i prefer julio over calvin and ajg close, so i dont see myself dealing what you want with those guys"

...out crazy that forum members lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Re: Craziest comments you have ever heard?

Postby Captainzach1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

I once had a league mate try to sell Walter on the basis he was a number one fantasy wr
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Via email for a 14 team dynasty league, "It looks like you need a defender, how about Brian Urlacher for the your #5 (rookie pick)?" Needless to say, I told the guy heck no (held back from calling him insane), and selected Andrew Luck with the #5 pick the next day. lol.

dlf_erich
MVP
MVP

Postby dlf_erich » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Tried to trade with the league loudmouth, who also tends to overvalue his players to a ridiculous degree. We're going into our third year, and I can't for the life of me remember a single trade he's made.

He had pick 20 in our rookie/FA draft, and he also has DHB who I wanted. He offers me DHB for Kendall Hunter and pick 22. I said no, that I didn't want to split up the SF backfield, and offered him Gore/Hunter for Ridley/DHB/pick 20. He never even replies, and goes and takes LaMichael James with pick 20.

I manage to get pick 21 from another owner, and with one of my picks took Vereen, who was on waivers. No agenda, just thought he was the best RB available. However, despite being a Rice owner, I did NOT take Pierce with any of picks 21-24, and even traded out of the 3rd round despite having picks 26/29.

So what message do I get today, when he's up at pick 30?

"Shane Vereen for Bernard Pierce?"

LOL, good times. Politely declined, and told him that if he's rather have my handcuff than the players out there who could still help him, then more power to him!
Twitter: @EDH_27

dlf_erich
MVP
MVP

Postby dlf_erich » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Cpiritual27 wrote:Tried to trade with the league loudmouth, who also tends to overvalue his players to a ridiculous degree. We're going into our third year, and I can't for the life of me remember a single trade he's made.

He had pick 20 in our rookie/FA draft, and he also has DHB who I wanted. He offers me DHB for Kendall Hunter and pick 22. I said no, that I didn't want to split up the SF backfield, and offered him Gore/Hunter for Ridley/DHB/pick 20. He never even replies, and goes and takes LaMichael James with pick 20.

I manage to get pick 21 from another owner, and with one of my picks took Vereen, who was on waivers. No agenda, just thought he was the best RB available. However, despite being a Rice owner, I did NOT take Pierce with any of picks 21-24, and even traded out of the 3rd round despite having picks 26/29.

So what message do I get today, when he's up at pick 30?

"Shane Vereen for Bernard Pierce?"

LOL, good times. Politely declined, and told him that if he'd rather have my handcuff than the players out there who could still help him, then more power to him!

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

My craziest comment goes hand in hand with the craziest trade offer ever:

I'd be getting HIS Antonio Gates, Lester Jean, & Jacoby Jones. For MY Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Kenny Britt. He was dead serious too. I just started at it in amazement before I even responded because I didn't know what to say. All I could say was "not sure if serious". I had Jason Witten at TE already, and just drafted Coby Fleener too, so for the 1 useful player in the deal I didn't even need. All he said was "man you have crazy wr depth and none of those even start for you". Oh yea, forgot how if you don't start a player your supposed to give him away for free :lol:

Trades/comments like that make me never want to trade with a guy again.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 pm

This is the craziest comment ever. I dare anyone to top this comment from a thread about trading Foster...

"Ok the deal was:

I gave: Arian foster HOU RB

I got: CJ spiller Buf RB, Shane vereen NE RB, Antonio brown PIT WR, Luke Kuechely CAR LB, and his next years first rounder.

Everyone in my league said i literally raped him worse than immaginable, just wondering how you all think i did"

Followed up with several "you must be high" comments when everyone said otherwise...lol
Last edited by WZA on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm

WZA wrote:This is the craziest comment ever. I dare anyone to top this comment from a thread about trading Foster...

Ok the deal was:

I got: CJ spiller Buf RB, Shane vereen NE RB, Antonio brown PIT WR, Luke Kuechely CAR LB, and his next years first rounder.

Everyone in my league said i literally raped him worse than immaginable, just wondering how you all think i did

Followed up with several "you must be high" comments when everyone said otherwise...lol

If I'm trading not only the #1 RB, but the #1 player in fantasy football, I Want more then a bunch of hopefuls. I need at minimum two certified studs/starters at two different positions then we can talk about future picks and idp players or young upside unproven talent. Along the lines of(for an example) Chris Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, + whatever else you can part with to make it worth it. If nobody is going to pay the price then they shouldn't ask.

The first alarm that should go off in your head is if your trading a stud like Foster, and you have to get back like 6 pieces to all add up their value. If it was 1 or 2 players in return, those players are much more dependable more then likely. Depth is overrated, I want studs. Even if Fred Jackson didn't return to Buffalo I would have wanted way more in return.

I'm not sure why every one in your league thinks you raped him, or what kinda stuff they are on. Those are pretty much all bench players you got. More often then not, just about anybody would trade you a bunch of prospects off their bench. I'm pretty sure none of those were his starting RB's orWR's right? Why wouldn't you want any of those guys?
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Chris_R wrote:
WZA wrote:This is the craziest comment ever. I dare anyone to top this comment from a thread about trading Foster...

Ok the deal was:

Everyone in my league said i literally raped him worse than immaginable, just wondering how you all think i did

If I'm trading not only the #1 RB, but the #1 player in fantasy football, I Want more then a bunch of hopefuls. I need at minimum two certified studs/starters at two different positions then we can talk about future picks and idp players or young upside unproven talent. Along the lines of(for an example) Chris Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, + whatever else you can part with to make it worth it. If nobody is going to pay the price then they shouldn't ask.

The first alarm that should go off in your head is if your trading a stud like Foster, and you have to get back like 6 pieces to all add up their value. If it was 1 or 2 players in return, those players are much more dependable more then likely. Depth is overrated, I want studs. Even if Fred Jackson didn't return to Buffalo I would have wanted way more in return.

I'm not sure why every one in your league thinks you raped him, or what kinda stuff they are on. Those are pretty much all bench players you got. More often then not, just about anybody would trade you a bunch of prospects off their bench. I'm pretty sure none of those were his starting RB's orWR's right? Why wouldn't you want any of those guys?
This isn't my league or my comment. That Foster trade comment was from a thread on here. I'm insulted that you thought I would trade away the best RB is fantasy football for a bunch of maybes...lol

Click link below for a good laugh...
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/dl ... =6&t=32180

dlf_erich
MVP
MVP

Postby dlf_erich » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:08 pm

"Ok the deal was:

Everyone in my league said i literally raped him worse than immaginable, just wondering how you all think i did"

I mean, I'd take the Foster side, but that's just me...

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Everybody is missing the point. Somebody traded Foster for that pile of crap. The crazy comment was that the guy who made the deal thought it was awesome in his favor.

Here's one- I inquired about Trent Richardson, was told I'd have to START with Demarco Murray and AJ Green.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

TheOracle wrote:Everybody is missing the point. Somebody traded Foster for that pile of crap. The crazy comment was that the guy who made the deal thought it was awesome in his favor.

Here's one- I inquired about Trent Richardson, was told I'd have to START with Demarco Murray and AJ Green.
when I first inquired about TR in a league someone said, it would have to involve Rice AND something...
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

scott_peak
All Pro
All Pro

Postby scott_peak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Chris_R wrote:My craziest comment goes hand in hand with the craziest trade offer ever:

I'd be getting HIS Antonio Gates, Lester Jean, & Jacoby Jones. For MY Victor Cruz, Eric Decker, Kenny Britt. He was dead serious too. I just started at it in amazement before I even responded because I didn't know what to say. All I could say was "not sure if serious". I had Jason Witten at TE already, and just drafted Coby Fleener too, so for the 1 useful player in the deal I didn't even need. All he said was "man you have crazy wr depth and none of those even start for you". Oh yea, forgot how if you don't start a player your supposed to give him away for free :lol:

Trades/comments like that make me never want to trade with a guy again.
I had a trade offer of Brandon Marshall for Cam Newton (my team), and the owner told me "you don't need Newton anyway" (I own Matt Ryan on the same team). That was funny. Got a good laugh outta that one. Then I clicked the decline button.
Twitter: @scott_peak

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Last year during a startup I got an offer so I checked it out.

The official offer was something like I give my 3rd, 5th and 7th for his 4th and 6th.

His reasoning???? "You would be moving up from 5th to 4th and 7th to 6th", just crazy....
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Warren
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Team Canada wrote:Last year during a startup I got an offer so I checked it out.

The official offer was something like I give my 3rd, 5th and 7th for his 4th and 6th.

His reasoning???? "You would be moving up from 5th to 4th and 7th to 6th", just crazy....
I think we have a winner here. /thread.
12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
    Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
      QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
        RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
          WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
            TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
              K-Metta World Tarsal.
                D-Texans.
                  2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                    Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.