Dez arrested for domestic violence

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Dez arrested for domestic violence

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 pm

gameaholica wrote:
lbouchard wrote:For all the bleep Dez gets, this is the first time he's been arrested. For comparison, Britt has been arrested 7 times
If you or I did a lot of things he did, we would have been arrested for theft/fraud I think. He has yet to go one offseason without a problem related to his maturity and decision making. Lets take a trip down memory lane lol....
Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
Dez Bryant was detained after a physical altercation in a Miami club, a source tells Ben Rogers of ESPN Radio in Dallas.
This report has not been confirmed and there are no details yet. But the reported incident would not be out of character for Bryant, who has had numerous maturity issues and brushes with the law dating back to his time at Oklahoma State. Commissioner Roger Goodell figures to be monitoring this situation closely.
Source: Ben Rogers on Twitter Jan 16 - 11:47 AM
The Boston Herald reports Dez Bryant is being sued by a New York based "micro-finance company" for allegedly failing to repay more than half of a $100,000 loan.
According to the Herald, Endurance Capital Fund, a company which "works with athletes and entertainers to help them purchase luxury items," may have representatives serve Bryant at the Cowboys' team hotel this weekend. The Cowboys, of course, will be in New Jersey for Sunday's winner-take-all tilt with the Giants. It's an ill-timed distraction for a player who dealt with two offseason lawsuits, and appeared to be finally moving beyond his constant off-the-field troubles.
Source: Boston Herald Wed, Dec 28, 2011 03:43:00 PM
Dez Bryant has reportedly been cleared by the NFL after failing a training-camp drug test due to improper identification.
Typical Dez. He didn't do the wrong thing; he just failed to do the right thing. Rookie RB DeMarco Murray is in the process of clearing up the same issue, due to a technicality. Neither player had their driver's license or identification card with them. This appears to be a non-issue.
Related: DeMarco Murray
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram Thu, Oct 13, 2011 07:11:00 PM
Dez Bryant hopes to settle his $600,000 jewelry lawsuit after the lockout ends, when he is due a $1 million roster bonus.
Bryant stated recently that he has a "handle" on his debts and that his issues are "in the past" and "done." The attorney for a jeweler and ticket broker says Bryant still owes more than $600,000, however, and the lawsuit is on hold while his attorney -- Texas State Senator Royce West -- tends to other matters. Bryant did settle another lawsuit earlier this offseason for an undisclosed amount.
Source: ESPN Dallas Tue, Jun 7, 2011 04:11:00 PM
Dez Bryant has settled with one of the jewelry stores to which he was indebted for $246,000.
He's still got one outstanding, but at least this is a step in the right direction. Bryant allegedly bought $267,000 worth of jewels from A+A Diamonds and Rafaello Company. To this point, he'd only paid off 8.2 percent of it.
Source: ESPN.com Fri, Apr 15, 2011 04:25:00 PM
According to court documents, Dez Bryant received roughly $200,000 in jewelry while playing at Oklahoma State.
We already knew that Bryant had the jewelry before last year's draft, so the court documents come as no surprise. It's a violation of college rules, of course, and Oklahoma State plans to conduct an investigation and then notify the NCAA. Now that Bryant is no longer in college, the NCAA will concentrate on the school's complicity in the violation.
Source: Dallas Morning News Wed, Mar 30, 2011 11:18:00 AM
A landlord in Stillwater, Oklahoma sued Dez Bryant in January of 2010 for damages and failure to pay rent.
Noticing a pattern here? The Deion Sanders flap started because Bryant backed out of an endorsement deal with Under Armour only to keep the sporting goods company's money. He has also failed to repay more than $800,000 worth of jewelry and sporting event tickets. As Sanders suggested, Bryant's word means absolutely nothing. Talent is the trump card with Bryant, but he desperately needs help learning how to be a pro.
Source: Tulsa World Tue, Mar 29, 2011 03:56:00 PM
Hall of Famer Deion Sanders has grown so frustrated with Dez Bryant's immaturity and "ignorance" that he stopped mentoring the receiver months ago.
"I'm upset but not surprised whatsoever," Sanders said of Bryant's latest episode at a Dallas area mall. "He needs help. I told the Cowboys from day one that he needs help. Matter of fact, they have a team in place to help him. But you cannot tell a grown man what to do." Sanders' primary concern is that Bryant's flippant attitude will "poison" the other kids that he mentors. The fire may have finally caught up to all of the smoke emanating from Bryant's red flags. Sanders' assessment is the most serious indictment of Bryant's character that we've seen since he declared for the draft last year.
Source: ESPN Dallas Fri, Mar 25, 2011 12:09:00 PM
Dez Bryant received a criminal trespass warning from off-duty police officers at Dallas area shopping Saturday.
Bryant and his friends made a scene after they were asked to leave the mall for wearing their pants too low and exposing their underwear. Bryant reportedly has a history of disturbances at the mall, and he's been told not to come back for three months. It's hard to imagine the warning will get Bryant to keep his pants off the ground, much to General Larry Platt's dismay.
Source: WFAA-TV 8 Dallas-Fort Worth Tue, Mar 22, 2011 07:14:00 PM
Cowboys interim coach Jason Garrett says he had no problem with Dez Bryant's sideline outburst on Thanksgiving, instead praising the rookie's competitiveness and comparing Bryant to Michael Irvin.
"I don't see that as a negative," Garrett said. "With any player, you want to make sure that he's focused on the task at hand. In no way was it to me ... a distraction." Bryant was double teamed throughout the game, seeing six targets but catching none of them. He should be played with confidence as a WR3 this week in a potential shootout at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Source: ESPN Dallas Wed, Dec 1, 2010 06:05:00 PM
Dez Bryant has refused to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads at Cowboys camp.
Rookies carrying veterans' pads is a popular training camp ritual, but Bryant is having none of it. "I'm not doing it," he said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads. ... I'm saying that out of no disrespect to (anyone)." Roy Williams indicated that he was displeased with Bryant's refusal to take part in the hazing. We like him even more for it.
Source: ESPN.com Sun, Jul 25, 2010 08:50:00 PM
you forgot the new one, hes a "baby" brandon marshall too. yea i would be leaning toward a 1 or 2 game suspended, but mabe not, either way he is a 1st class"less" jackwagon. if he could stay out of the news for doing something negative for 12 months i would be suprised

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:35 am

Out of the various player infractions of the past few years, this sadly bears the most resemblance to the Roethlisberger case. While he wasn't convicted of any criminal charges, the NFL still suspended him for 4 games. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar thing here. The NFL will wait until the criminal matter (if it goes to court) is finished and then make a decision.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

Tattoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tattoo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:45 am

What I think the real issue here is his pattern of behavior. Whether this particular incident will net him a suspension or not remains to be seen and is difficult to determine. However, it adds to his long list of things he has done. Eventually with guys like this, all of these things will catch up to him and he could be facing a long suspension for the next stupid thing he does. The question is, as a fantasy owner, do you want to be left "holding the bag" when that happens? I don't and I prefer to stay away from players like this unless I can get them at a very, very good value.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 am

Now that we know he "pushed his mom" (allegedly!) can we at least agree this is a lot different than the Roethlisberger case?

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Now that we know he "pushed his mom" (allegedly!) can we at least agree this is a lot different than the Roethlisberger case?
He pushed his mother? Yeah, that's a lot different than the Roethlisberger case.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am

georg013 wrote:Some people just refuse to take their lips off the Dez-aid. Terrific person? Far from it. Will he produce when on the field? Yes. What's a two game slap on the hand. I'm not a Dez fan, nor do I own him on my roster. However, Fitzgerald doesn't get brownie points for staying clean. Dez is a schmuck but that schmuck is worth the risk on a fantasy team. He'd make a nice number three for me. Just make sure you have good depth when dealing with knuckle heads lime Dez. He is certain to cost you games due to sheer ignorance.

Why does it have to be 1 extreme or the other? Your either a Dez-lover or Dez-hater. Everybody either sounds jealous they don't own him or own him and treat him like Randy Moss in his prime. It's laughable that people want to post blurbs about him not carrying shoulder pads, sagging his pants at a mall, or not paying back a jewelry debt. Really? So that's what this has come to? Oh noezzz he got jewelry on credit and has yet to pay it off, let's lump him in with guys with alcohol/drug problems. This guy is a regular Kenny Britt/Brandon Marshall here.

The meeting point is somewhere in the middle. He's a knucklehead. He's not Pacman Jones, Kenny Britt, or Brandon Marshall. Sure he's immature, that leads to pants sagging, and not paying off jewelry, but when I see people going out of there way to bring that stuff up, along with not carrying shoulder pads(Roy Williams of all people) it seems like they are just trying to reach to make a point.

I'm not happy about it as an owner, but I'd guess there is no suspension due to the nature of what the arrest was over. Though this incident, is likely to put him firmly in the '2 game suspension' bucket the next time the police are involved. I will admit I was more worried until I read what the incident was over and where it took place. Sure, an arrest is an arrest. But I'd rather hear this incident, then something that went wrong at a strip club at 3am or a dwi or something involving him carrying a gun.

Not all these young guys "get it" right away. I try and not worry too much about it until a guy starts getting suspended.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 am

Chris_R wrote:
georg013 wrote:Some people just refuse to take their lips off the Dez-aid. Terrific person? Far from it. Will he produce when on the field? Yes. What's a two game slap on the hand. I'm not a Dez fan, nor do I own him on my roster. However, Fitzgerald doesn't get brownie points for staying clean. Dez is a schmuck but that schmuck is worth the risk on a fantasy team. He'd make a nice number three for me. Just make sure you have good depth when dealing with knuckle heads lime Dez. He is certain to cost you games due to sheer ignorance.

Why does it have to be 1 extreme or the other? Your either a Dez-lover or Dez-hater. Everybody either sounds jealous they don't own him or own him and treat him like Randy Moss in his prime. It's laughable that people want to post blurbs about him not carrying shoulder pads, sagging his pants at a mall, or not paying back a jewelry debt. Really? So that's what this has come to? Oh noezzz he got jewelry on credit and has yet to pay it off, let's lump him in with guys with alcohol/drug problems. This guy is a regular Kenny Britt/Brandon Marshall here.

The meeting point is somewhere in the middle. He's a knucklehead. He's not Pacman Jones, Kenny Britt, or Brandon Marshall. Sure he's immature, that leads to pants sagging, and not paying off jewelry, but when I see people going out of there way to bring that stuff up, along with not carrying shoulder pads(Roy Williams of all people) it seems like they are just trying to reach to make a point.

I'm not happy about it as an owner, but I'd guess there is no suspension due to the nature of what the arrest was over. Though this incident, is likely to put him firmly in the '2 game suspension' bucket the next time the police are involved. I will admit I was more worried until I read what the incident was over and where it took place. Sure, an arrest is an arrest. But I'd rather hear this incident, then something that went wrong at a strip club at 3am or a dwi or something involving him carrying a gun.

Not all these young guys "get it" right away. I try and not worry too much about it until a guy starts getting suspended.

I consider the fact that he is such a dbag that he refused to carry a vets shoulder pads (a long standing tradition that no one ever has a problem with) to be very significant and telling as to what kind of person Dez is. You could also argue that the treatment of his mother"hitting her in the face with a baseball cap and pulling her shirt and hair" gives you a look into what kind of guy he is.

I don't understand the whole "he's only been arrested once argument". It's not about arrests, obviously someone who is dumb enough to beat up on his own mom, acrue hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt, and tell the vet WR to go bleep himself is very capable of doing other dumb things.

Just because hasn't bumped heads with the law more than once doesn't mean it won't happen again and won't be more severe next time.

IMO it makes sense to trade him now for elite WR1 value (for some reason people are still in love with him) rather than wait for him to do something really stupid.

This is Dez's 3rd offseason, if he was going to "get it" I think he would have by now.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

dez pulled his mother by her hair then slapped her, i just going to go ahead and say if this is true he is a peice of bleep.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:33 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:IMO it makes sense to trade him now for elite WR1 value (for some reason people are still in love with him) rather than wait for him to do something really stupid.

This is Dez's 3rd offseason, if he was going to "get it" I think he would have by now.

He's still only 23 years old, same age as AJ Green, whether it's his 3rd off-season or not. Dez is not a WR1, has never produced like one before. So why would anyone be able to get elite WR1 value for him immediately after his arrest? It never makes sense to trade a guy immediately after something like this and make a rash decision, but I'm baffled as to how anybody would be able to bring in elite WR1 value for him.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:47 am

??Droppedballs?? wrote:dez pulled his mother by her hair then slapped her, i just going to go ahead and say if this is true he is a peice of bleep.

She's a crack ho and his pimp hand is strong. Play on player.

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 am

Mangelo wrote:She's a crack ho and his pimp hand is strong. Play on player.
I don't necessarily agree with this phrasing, but I do agree that it seems like she's the type of family member that has been and will probably continue to be a drag on his life and potential success.

The issues with Dez's mother were well known entering the draft, and I'm sure this won't be terribly shocking to Jerry Jones.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

cleanwillyb wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with this phrasing, but I do agree that it seems like she's the type of family member that has been and will probably continue to be a drag on his life and potential success.

The issues with Dez's mother were well known entering the draft, and I'm sure this won't be terribly shocking to Jerry Jones.
I agree. I just found out that she's only 37 years old, which means that she was just 14 when she had Dez. Dez has been immature at times, but when you consider that he was essentially raised without parents, it's not too shocking.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Police: Dez hit mother in face with ball cap
Police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother by hitting her in the face with a baseball cap and pulling her shirt and hair.
Angela Bryant did not need to be hospitalized, but she told police she had pain and swelling as a result. Dez was booked on Class A family violence charge. Since it's his first NFL arrest -- and not a felony -- it's unclear if a suspension is looming. Dez's mother became a hot topic around the 2010 draft when Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland asked the talented prospect if his mother was a prostitute. She also spent 18 months in jail during Dez's childhood for selling crack cocaine.
Source: NFL.com Jul 17 - 10:54 AM
:wtf: :thumbdown: :think:
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 pm

cleanwillyb wrote:

It would probably be a good idea for him, if he just cuts ties with her completely.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10