General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

The Miami TEs

Postby hamburglar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:59 am

is fasano still even the starter?

what about egnew versus charles clay?

who is the guy to own in 2012 and beyond? and why?

ChadtheDragonLord
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The Miami TEs

Postby ChadtheDragonLord » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I am a huge Miami fan since 1974 and follow the team news. Fasano is on the way out, as he is primarily a blocker. Charles Clay seems to be getting the most OTA hype and has meshed well with Matt Moore, but I think Garrard will be named the starter. It is still hard to tell who will be the #1 TE. Egnew was drafted by the new regime and they are high on him, but he is a bit raw so maybe not this year. It is a tough call and too early to tell. I just checked the recent Miami news and the beat writers haven't named a clear cut leader. I suspect that Philbin will institute more two TE sets in passing situations with Clay and Egnew, so for this year at least I would stay away from all of them until someone pulls ahead. It will be a committee approach most likely. The staff is working hard on teaching Egnew how to block as they see him as the TE of the future going forward.
QB - Matthew Stafford $26, Tua Tagovailoa $22, Jared Goff $78
RB - Christian McCaffrey $751, Aaron Jones $23, James Robinson $20, Marlon Mack $100, Josh Jacobs $425
WR - Michael Thomas $240, Kenny Golladay $23, Diontae Johnson $110, Tee Higgins $115, Michael Pittman Jr. $205, Gabriel Davis $20, Darnell Mooney $20, Preston Williams $21, Bryan Edwards $20, Michael Gallup $54
TE - Travis Kelce $26
K - Daniel Carlson $20
Special Teams - Detroit Lions $20
DL - Jonathan Allen $22, Romeo Okwara $20, Aldon Smith $20, Grady Jarrett $21, Everson Griffin $20, Olivier Vernon $20, Trey Flowers $61
LB - Devon White $325, Tremaine Edmunds $289, Eric Kendricks $150, C.J. Mosley $185, Dre Greenlaw $21, Foye Oluokon $20, B.J. Goodson $20, Ja'Whuan Bentley $20, Cory Littleton $22
DB - Jeremy Chinn $160, Vonn Bell $26, Jordan Fuller $20, Tracy Walker $21, Khari Willis $21, Kareem Jackson $20, Grant Delpit $40

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

ChadtheDragonLord wrote:I am a huge Miami fan since 1974 and follow the team news. Fasano is on the way out, as he is primarily a blocker. Charles Clay seems to be getting the most OTA hype and has meshed well with Matt Moore, but I think Garrard will be named the starter. It is still hard to tell who will be the #1 TE. Egnew was drafted by the new regime and they are high on him, but he is a bit raw so maybe not this year. It is a tough call and too early to tell. I just checked the recent Miami news and the beat writers haven't named a clear cut leader. I suspect that Philbin will institute more two TE sets in passing situations with Clay and Egnew, so for this year at least I would stay away from all of them until someone pulls ahead. It will be a committee approach most likely. The staff is working hard on teaching Egnew how to block as they see him as the TE of the future going forward.

Thanks for the awesome inside scoop... anything more on Clay? I have him in a double ydg TE league and I'm wondering if he could be THE guy there this season... Any more clay versus egnew insight you have would be appreciated.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 pm

I haven't seen much of Egnew play but his build is like Finley. I don 't know if he is as athletic as him. Egnew is 6-5 252 and Finley is 6-5 247. So fairly close in their build and since Philbin is now the coach, I would be curious if they use him in the same way.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 pm

kundertnick wrote:I haven't seen much of Egnew play but his build is like Finley. I don 't know if he is as athletic as him. Egnew is 6-5 252 and Finley is 6-5 247. So fairly close in their build and since Philbin is now the coach, I would be curious if they use him in the same way.
whos in your signature photo?

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 am

hamburglar wrote:
kundertnick wrote:I haven't seen much of Egnew play but his build is like Finley. I don 't know if he is as athletic as him. Egnew is 6-5 252 and Finley is 6-5 247. So fairly close in their build and since Philbin is now the coach, I would be curious if they use him in the same way.
Aaron Rodgers?

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:40 pm

kundertnick wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Aaron Rodgers?
i mean your avatar... sorry. hahaha...

is that you?

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 pm

hamburglar wrote:
kundertnick wrote:
hamburglar wrote: whos in your signature photo?
Aaron Rodgers?
i mean your avatar... sorry. hahaha...

is that you?
Haha ok. No it's not me. It is Daniel Alves, a Brazilian soccer player.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 am

ChadtheDragonLord wrote:I am a huge Miami fan since 1974 and follow the team news. Fasano is on the way out, as he is primarily a blocker. Charles Clay seems to be getting the most OTA hype and has meshed well with Matt Moore, but I think Garrard will be named the starter. It is still hard to tell who will be the #1 TE. Egnew was drafted by the new regime and they are high on him, but he is a bit raw so maybe not this year. It is a tough call and too early to tell. I just checked the recent Miami news and the beat writers haven't named a clear cut leader. I suspect that Philbin will institute more two TE sets in passing situations with Clay and Egnew, so for this year at least I would stay away from all of them until someone pulls ahead. It will be a committee approach most likely. The staff is working hard on teaching Egnew how to block as they see him as the TE of the future going forward.
Great update and info...that's what I like to see, a new guy to the board but a true football fan!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Some encouraging updates on MFL about Charles Clay today. They also told me when I wrote them that they are changing his position to TE on the site during the next update.

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am

hamburglar wrote:Some encouraging updates on MFL about Charles Clay today. They also told me when I wrote them that they are changing his position to TE on the site during the next update.
That's cool. I wouldn't mind the added depth at TE.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

dynastyfever
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dynastyfever » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am

hamburglar wrote:Some encouraging updates on MFL about Charles Clay today. They also told me when I wrote them that they are changing his position to TE on the site during the next update.
I find that news to be extremely exciting, if true.

Rest assured, I'm not calling you a liar at all, but I will hold my breath on this because I have been following Clay since the season started last year. For some reason, he caught my eye.
I too have written to MFL, who then told me that they do not handle player position management, they simply get their information uploaded from Rotoworld. Okay, fine I said, Rotoworld must have him in wrong. But nope. I saw that Rotoworld has him listed as a TE as well...weird...so I then wrote Rotoworld concerning this...and they told me that while they recognize Clay as a TE (like everyone does), the Dolphins actual depth chart lists Clay as their primary FB. So because Rotoworld has no control over this, and MFL just defers to Rotoworld....my final option would be to write the Dolphins and have them 'fix' their depth chart. (or have my commish manually change it, which its written in our rules that he can't)

So, not likely.

BUT, my league gives TE's 1.5 ppr, and RB's .5ppr...so it has been really hard to roster him. He has been on my roster off and on, no other team has gone after him yet. But after those reports yesterday....I just had to pick him up.

So once again, assuming you are correct, I couldn't be happier.

But you understand why I'm hesitant. So, is MFL changing the position, or is it coming from Rotoworld, or are you not able to distinguish between that?

dynastyfever
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dynastyfever » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:46 pm

nope I was wrong.

his position will be changed tonight.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 am