7 round real dynasty rookie draft results

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ed3333
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

7 round real dynasty rookie draft results

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 am

45 man roster dynasty year 11 draft started at 7 est last night concluded at 10est last night start 1 qb 2 rb 4 wr 1 te 1k 3idp PPR ALL TDS 6 POINTS

FIRST RND
LC-Trent Richardson
Omega-Doug Martin
Breed-Justin Blackmon
Warrior-Michael Floyd
Corn-RG3
Breed-David Wilson
Warrior-Kendall Wright
Corn-Stephen Hill
Proff-Isaiah Pead
Warrior-Andrew Luck
2ND
LC-Mohammad Sanu
Corn-Alshon Jeffery
Horse-Ronnie Hillman
Horse-Lamar Miller
Skeet-Coby Fleener
Omega-Brian Quick
2nd-LaMichael James
Horse-Chris Rainey
Omega-Chris Givens
Horse-Deveir Posey
3RD ROUND
Omega-TY Hilton
Breed-Nick Toon
Cruw-Ladarius Green
Cruw-Turbin
Cruw-Marvin Jones
Corn-Ruben Randle
Cruw-TJ Graham
Cruw-Childs
Cruw-Ryan Broyles
Cruw-AJ Jenkins
4TH
Horse-Wylie
Cruw-Ballard
Corn-Streeter
Cruw-BJ Cunningham
LC-Coale
Cruw-Bernard Pierce
2nd-Cyrus Grey
2nd-Criner
2nd-Egnew
2nd-Joe Adams
5TH
Breed-Harron
Warrior-Orsen Charles
Breed-Jarius Wright
Horse-Luke Keukley
Proff-Dewayne Allen
Cruw-Rodriguez
Skeet-Brandon Weeden
LC-Owusu
2nd-Martin
Omega-Bobby Rainey
6TH
Corn-Dante Hightower
Proff-Travis Benjamin
Horse-Marvin McNutt
LC-Eric Page
Omega-Chris Polk
2nd-Andria Robinson
Warrior-Rishard Mathews
2nd-Alfred Morris
Corn-Terrance Gannoway
Cruw-Derrick Carrier
7TH (SOME PASSES IN THIS ROUND
Proff-Ryan Tannyhill
Horse-Michael Smith
LC-Junior Hemmingway
Omega-Tauren Poole
2nd-Brock Oswiler
Cruw-Kahif Moore

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 7 round real dynasty rookie draft results

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:05 am

Luck at 10 :shock: I know QB as a need isnt likely in a 10 teamer but how does one of the 3 truely elite prospects last 10 picks?

Ed3333
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 am

because wrs and rbs are the only way to get trades done in our league....i imagine as more drafts conclude....our draft will have many more "how does that happpen"'s.....bottom line....everyone has a nice qb starter and at least 1 nice backup on their roster

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 am

Ed3333 wrote:because wrs and rbs are the only way to get trades done in our league....i imagine as more drafts conclude....our draft will have many more "how does that happpen"'s.....bottom line....everyone has a nice qb starter and at least 1 nice backup on their roster
Which is expected in a league that only has 10 teams. My point is Luck as a football player is an elite prospect. Does Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford or Cam Newton have trade value in your league? Luck is widely regarded as the best QB prospect since John Elway so thinking he has a legit shot at that group I previously mentioned isn't a stretch by any means. Isaiah Pead? Really? Not ripping on your league, any league that lasts 11 years deserves some respect, but I doubt you'll see Luck drop to 10 in very many 10 teamers like yours.

Warren
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 am

Luck is an aberration which should be taken with a grain of salt. It obviously isn't going to sway any opinions on him. Cam's success definitely taught us all a lesson not to undervalue elite QB prospects. I am able to look past that and appreciate you taking the time and effort to post your draft. I have the 1.09 and am thinking about going boom-or-bust and taking Stephen Hill. If you insert Luck in the area he'll normally go, Hill goes 1.09 in yours as well. Good stuff. Thanks.
12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
    Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
      QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
        RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
          WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
            TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
              K-Metta World Tarsal.
                D-Texans.
                  2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                    Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.

Ed3333
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 am

to be even clearer....there were 4 trades from 3-10 made at the draft table last night....people were hoping someone else would take luck so they could add the position guy they wanted....i know u arent ripping lg....im just explaining that no one cares about qbs at draft....stafford could be had for peanuts in ANY league last year during august right? RIGHT?

MARKinMI
                    Ring of Fame
                    Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 am

Ed3333 wrote:to be even clearer....there were 4 trades from 3-10 made at the draft table last night....people were hoping someone else would take luck so they could add the position guy they wanted....i know u arent ripping lg....im just explaining that no one cares about qbs at draft....stafford could be had for peanuts in ANY league last year during august right? RIGHT?
                    Not in any of my leagues he couldn't. I'm not counting my 11 year league either(in sig.)because its a 2 QB league. I know that in 2 leagues that draft next week I really need a RB in both and I pick at 1.04 in one and have the 1.05 in another. If either of the 2 QBs fall to me I'll tak them without hesitation. Even in the league where i have the 1.05 and am the defending champ, need a RB and have Brees and Cutler at QB. Those Qbs are just too much value to pass up. But i tend to be BPA or value based drafter as opposed to reaching for need.

Hawks Nest 12th Man
                    Player of the Year
                    Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 am

MARKinMI wrote:
                    Ed3333 wrote:to be even clearer....there were 4 trades from 3-10 made at the draft table last night....people were hoping someone else would take luck so they could add the position guy they wanted....i know u arent ripping lg....im just explaining that no one cares about qbs at draft....stafford could be had for peanuts in ANY league last year during august right? RIGHT?
                    Not in any of my leagues he couldn't. I'm not counting my 11 year league either(in sig.)because its a 2 QB league. I know that in 2 leagues that draft next week I really need a RB in both and I pick at 1.04 in one and have the 1.05 in another. If either of the 2 QBs fall to me I'll tak them without hesitation. Even in the league where i have the 1.05 and am the defending champ, need a RB and have Brees and Cutler at QB. Those Qbs are just too much value to pass up. But i tend to be BPA or value based drafter as opposed to reaching for need.
                    With your need at rb just curious would you take Doug Martin at 1.2 or go Luck? Reason I ask have pick1.3 owner at pick 1.2 has Stafford and Cutler w/ major needs at rb. Assuming he takes Martin ... roster & league format in sig. curious what you would do. Assume you take Martin
                    DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
                    QBs Luck, Mayfield
                    RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
                    WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
                    TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
                    DEF/SP Bills
                    K Elliot

Ed3333
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 am

was just saying that stafford wasnt "elite" until last year and could be had for a more than reasonable price....regardless in MY league....owners felt that luck had too little value to not pass up

MARKinMI
                    Ring of Fame
                    Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:39 am

Ed3333 wrote:was just saying that stafford wasnt "elite" until last year and could be had for a more than reasonable price....regardless in MY league....owners felt that luck had too little value to not pass up
                    Dynasty isnt about reaction, its about projection. If you just react to everything you'll get passed by. I understand your point though, every league is different and you have to (in some cases) adapt to your league but taking lessor talents for need isn't a winning formula from what I've witnessed.

Ed3333
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 am

i would argue that dynasty is equel parts reaction,projection,and production....if you just "project" production you'll get passed by. i understand your point though,every league is different and you have to (in some cases) adapt to your league by taking the players you believe in and know will have value in that SPECIFIC league

MARKinMI
                    Ring of Fame
                    Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:49 am

Hawks Nest 12th Man wrote:
                    MARKinMI wrote:
                    With your need at rb just curious would you take Doug Martin at 1.2 or go Luck? Reason I ask have pick1.3 owner at pick 1.2 has Stafford and Cutler w/ major needs at rb. Assuming he takes Martin ... roster & league format in sig. curious what you would do. Assume you take Martin
                    If i was picking 1.02 in either of these leagues I'd take Martin because he projects nicely in my eyes. He's actually a much better value than Richardson. If I had the 1.1 I'd be seeing what i could get the 1.02 owner to fork over in addition to the 1.02. But getting back to your question I see T-Rich and Martin as three down Backs and as we all know those are gold and an increasingly rare commodity. I can't see drafting guys like Wilson or Pead ahead of the 2 QBs. Really the only 4 guys i can see an argument for going ahead of the 2 QBs are Richardson, Martin, Blackmon and maybe Floyd and I'd have a really tough time taking those WRs instead of the QBs.

MARKinMI
                    Ring of Fame
                    Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:56 am

Ed3333 wrote:i would argue that dynasty is equel parts reaction,projection,and production....if you just "project" production you'll get passed by. i understand your point though,every league is different and you have to (in some cases) adapt to your league by taking the players you believe in and know will have value in that SPECIFIC league
                    OR instead of catering to your league and the way they value players, change it, grab it by the balls and win by accruing the most talent. That guy at 10 who was forced to take that QB nobody really wanted probably just grabbed a top 5 QB for the better part of a decade or more. That should go down in the Value Hall of Fame when its all said and done. And all because your league doesnt like trading for QBs... Meanwhile Isiah Pead gets a few carries and catches per game.

Ed3333
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:03 am

meanwhile isiah pead takes over for a broke down sjax and gives the owner who took a chance on him at 9 top a top tier rb for the better part of a decade.....the 9 owner was just projecting though

Ed3333
                    Combine Attendee
                    Combine Attendee

Postby Ed3333 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:04 am

and while im at.....ill just "change" the way the entire league looks at qbs as far as trade value goes.....ill just grab their balls or something :?