Doug Martin in Tampa and David Wilson in NY

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Doug Martin in Tampa and David Wilson in NY

Postby TryingToWin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am

invisibulman wrote: I think the sleeper in all of this is Lamar Miller who may yet land in Denver or Cincinnati. Might vault him ahead of both these guys.

You may be right on this. I get the feeling that Denver had these 3 RBs graded so similarly that they are OK with whichever falls to them and thus, they accumulated picks in the meantime. I think Miller goes to Denver unless they are in love with someone else. They got two 4th rounders as a result of their draft day trades. Currently they have two 2nds, one 3rd, three 4ths, I'd be surprised if they don't move up in, or get into the second round again with these picks as trade pieces.

At some point they will draft a RB and whomever it is will instantly become an interesting player that could become a first round or early second round rookie pick.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 am

joeday wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:
Lotto4Life wrote: LeSean (3)
Brown (4)
Beanie (5)
Ours was:

Brown-2
Wells-4
McCoy-5
McCoy-2 (owner had Westbrook)
Wells-3
Brown-4
Mine went:
Beanie -3 (Crabtree went #2 - niners fan)
Brown - 4
Mccoy - 5

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

I think we still need T-Rich at 1.1 and Blackmon at 1.2 for now. I agree with the assessment that QB is inferior value to WR/RB and demands far higher return. With that said, I think 1.3-1.7 will be a combination of Wilson/Martin/Floyd/Luck/RGIII with a guy like Lamar Miller possibly sneaking in (personally I like him a lot). Lots of depth in the draft at WR, a guy like Brian Quick could be a solid late 1st/early 2nd selection.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

invisibulman wrote:Wilson for talent, but Martin for situation. Wilson is too similar to Bradshaw. Handicaps his value for the first couple of years.

I think the sleeper in all of this is Lamar Miller who may yet land in Denver or Cincinnati. Might vault him ahead of both these guys.
Interesting picks? Why do you think Wilson has more talent? Because he runs lil faster? Jumps little higher?
I would argue that Martin is twice the on field football player that Wilson is.
In college Wilson was in the better system for putting up stats. Martin was in a pass heavy offense and still produced. NFL teams saw the talent and that's why Tampa traded back up to get him.

Martin is stronger , almost as fast , bigger , has legit 3 down potential , has great vision and uncanny knack to cut up inside to make big plays. While Wilson runs outside almost exclusively check the film. You may change your opinion.

For me Martin is better talent in better situation.
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

Hawks Nest 12th Man
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hawks Nest 12th Man » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm

ekassor wrote:The landing spots for Martin & Wilson, push the tier out to 1.7 and if Miller lands well, to 1.08. Even if a RB doesn't last to 1.08 how bad can you feel if Floyd is the guy left at 1.08?

Wilson's tape looks really good, surprisingly strong, quick and fast and he wore a shirt and tie to class, which obviously has to bump up his FF value! Reese and Coughlin love him, obviously for the g-men to take a RB so early. It seems that even if Martin fell they would have taken Wilson.
All the rumors are Tampa leaped up and stole Martin from NYG. His film he looks surprisingly strong ? He looks like a exclusive outside runner. I get it .... I am a Hawks fan.... drinking the kool-aid I believe Bruce Irvin is next Lawrence Taylor :lol:

Martin is superior to Wilson in almost every way.
DONKEY PUNCHERS....12 teams start 1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1flex rb/wr/te, te, k, d/sp, 0.5ppr, all tds 6pts, 0.1pt run/rec yd, .033pt pass yd, .04 return yd all return tds 6pts, 20 player roster, 1 IR Spot, 2pt bonus all tds over 50yds...
QBs Luck, Mayfield
RBs McCaffery, Kerryon, Drake, Breida, Gio
WRs C. Davis, T Boyd, D Hamilton, Kupp, Westbrook, MVS, Callaway
TEs Engram, Graham, Hurst
DEF/SP Bills
K Elliot

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:36 pm

How is Lamar Miller sliding so much?

Rams took Isiah Pead over him?

Bengals just passed on him?

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

jordanzs wrote:How is Lamar Miller sliding so much?

Rams took Isiah Pead over him?

Bengals just passed on him?
I guess some teams just like one RB more than another. Pretty surprised that the Bengals passed as well.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Martin to me and actually I don't think it's that close..I think Martin is a better runner, receiver and blocker than Wilson..I do like Wilson, but Martin I think is the better back..Also Tampa is the better spot to be in..Martin starts from day one, with a run heavy coach...give me Martin all day in that scenario
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:07 pm

1.03 Beanie
1.05 Brown (Me)
1.06 McCoy
Still kicking myself for this one. :x

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 pm

You all are in for a big surprise if you think Martin is a better athlete than Wilson. Wilson IS stronger than Martin, faster, much better balance, and has equivalent receiving skills. Little too much hate on Wilson here and to say Martin is the superior talent with such conviction baffles me... Giants love to run the ball and with multiple backs. Bradshaw has the worst feet for any back in the NFL and Wilson will be the sole back if Bradshaw goes down again. There will never be 8 in the box with Eli and his weapons (Nicks/Cruz/Randle). Giants score twice the amount of touchdowns as the BUCS which is obviously a better situation for ff. Not saying WIlson is the clear pick of Martin but come on guys its closer than you are making it out to be.

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 am

The_Future wrote:You all are in for a big surprise if you think Martin is a better athlete than Wilson. Wilson IS stronger than Martin, faster, much better balance, and has equivalent receiving skills. Little too much hate on Wilson here and to say Martin is the superior talent with such conviction baffles me... Giants love to run the ball and with multiple backs. Bradshaw has the worst feet for any back in the NFL and Wilson will be the sole back if Bradshaw goes down again. There will never be 8 in the box with Eli and his weapons (Nicks/Cruz/Randle). Giants score twice the amount of touchdowns as the BUCS which is obviously a better situation for ff. Not saying WIlson is the clear pick of Martin but come on guys its closer than you are making it out to be.

You could be right..that's what it's all about. People with different opinions..I think Wilson looks very good, though I don't think he has any better balance than Martin, also not sure Wilson is any stronger..Martin is strong as heck..built low to the ground, and I like that...all that being said, I like Martin better, but if I thought Wilson was in a better spot, I would prob take him..it's that close, I will admit that..Martin starts from day 1..Bradshaw will be there at least a couple years, cutting into Wilsons numbers..Martin has Blount to compete with and that is not even close...Blount better figure out where the Gatrorade is, because he will be bringing Martin plenty of it!
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:41 am

When I watch clips on Martin and clips on Wilson, Martin looks more like the type of RB that succeeds well in the NFL. I have Martin ahead of Wilson at this time and I highly doubt that will change for me, unless something unforeseen happens.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

@dynastyfootball
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby @dynastyfootball » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:32 am

jordanzs wrote:When the Eagles drafted LeSean, Westbrook was still there producing. Kinda reminds me of Bradshaw.

If I have a 1.6 pick, I'd be happy taking Doug Martin.

If I have a 1.7 pick and Martin is gone, I'll be happy taking Wilson.

I have no idea who has the better career.

In your 2009 rookie drafts, in what order were beanie, donald brown, and Lesean drafted?
I totally agree with this assessment. The giants run game sucks and Wilson was not picked in the first round to ride the pine. Bradshaw and Wilson will split time a couple of years, but in 3 to 5, he could be a top 5 back

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 am

kris_kapsner wrote:When I watch clips on Martin and clips on Wilson, Martin looks more like the type of RB that succeeds well in the NFL. I have Martin ahead of Wilson at this time and I highly doubt that will change for me, unless something unforeseen happens.
Agreed, Wilson tries to bounce everything outside leading me to question his vision between the tackles. I do like Wilson's balance and power and he's got pretty good speed, but Martin looks like a more polished runner with the intangibles (pass pro, receiving ability) to succeed in the NFL. Wilson blew up the combine but Martin looks like a more natural runner with the frame to absorb punishment going to a team with a coach that thrives on the running game. Martin was getting tons of Ray Rice comps leading up to the draft so it's no surprise that the team he goes to is coaching by Rice's college coach. I think Martin has the ability to be an immediate producer.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 am

I don't agree that Wilson tries to bounce everything outside. While its true that he has the speed to run well outside, he's strong enough to move the pile and ran very well between the tackles in the tape I watched. He can put 10 on his frame easy and play at 215. His running style reminds of Bradshaw. I still lean toward Martin, but time will tell. Wilson certainly projects to be a lot more than a change of pace back.