How do I Email Draft?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

How do I Email Draft?

Postby Defender » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I am the commissioner for a 24 team IDP league. It looks virtually impossible to have a live draft so email draft seems to be the best alternative.

So how do I facilitate an email draft?
The standard is the standard.

bcoakley02
Role Player
Role Player

Re: How do I Email Draft?

Postby bcoakley02 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Which site are you using? if you are using one of the commonly employed sites (Flea or MFL, for instance) you can list the rosters there and set up a timeclock (6 hrs, 12 hrs, 18 hrs, 24 hrs, etc) that guys have to make their pick. They'd email you their pick, which you would update on the site. Then the next guy has to look at the site to see which players are still available, and then make their pick. You would have to notify owners when they are on the clock, or the owner making a pick can notify the next owner.
QB: Luck (IND) - Manning (DEN)
RB: Gore (SF) - Foster (HOU) - Bell (PITT) - Miller (MIA)
WR: AJG (CIN) - Megatron (DET) - Maclin (KC) - Fitzgerald (ARI) - Stills (MIA) - Nicks (TEN)
TE: Bennett (CHI) - Ertz (PHI) - Pettigrew (DET)
K: Prater (DEN) - Tucker (BAL)
DL: Marks (JAC) - Poe (KC) - Casey (TEN)
LB: Foster (CHI) - Greenway (MIN) - Levy (DET)- Davis (CAR) - Mathis (IND) - Miller (DEN) - Young (PITT)
DB: Munnerlyn (MIN) - Harper (CAR)
ST: KC - ATL

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm

It looks like you are using Flea. When you are ready to draft, go to Commish Options. Then click on Edit Live Draft Options. Select E-mail draft and hit OK. Flea will e-mail the owner who is up in the draft. The owner will go to the site and select Players Drafting. They will find the player they wish to draft and click on the Draft button. Once the pick is verified, Flea will e-mail the next owner.

Owners can set up their e-mail alerts for the following draft info:

--Remind me the night before a fantasy draft
--Notify me whenever a draft pick is made in an E-mail draft
--Notify me when I am on the clock in an E-mail draft (Each owner must have this option checked to make sure the draft runs properly)

The Flea software currently has no timer, so you need to establish time limits before the draft begins. If a team fails to make a selection within the time limit, you will have to Commish draft for them. There is no way to skip a pick, and there is no auto draft option for a Flea e-mail draft.

If you have further questions regarding the Flea e-mail draft, click on the Contact button at the bottom of any Flea page. Hal will answer your questions promptly.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks guys!
The standard is the standard.