Jerome Simpson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Champ224
Captain
Captain

Jerome Simpson

Postby Champ224 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Free agent WR Jerome Simpson will stay in Minnesota after visiting Saturday with the Vikings.
1500 ESPN's Tom Pelissero ''wouldn't be surprised,'' if a deal gets done. Simpson's only other known visit has been with St. Louis, though a number teams have reportedly shown interest. In Minnesota, he would compete with Devin Aromashodu as the No. 4 receiver.

I think Minnesota would be a nice landing spot for Simpson but would he really be competing for the #4 spot? What reason other than off the field issues would prevent him from lining up as a #2 behind Harvin?

Thoughts?

Creed's Assassin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jerome Simpson

Postby Creed's Assassin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:19 pm

That was my immediate reaction as well. I'm a Vikings fan, and even I had to double check the roster to make sure they didn't have someone else I was forgetting based on that article's statement that he'd be no better than #4.

He should be the #2, but don't let that stop the bonehead coaches from screwing it up. These are the same guys who only had Harvin on the field for a little over half of the plays.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Ironic he'd be battling aromashadu for a spot. They were like the same ff guy for the last 2 weeks of 2010 n 2011

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Mangelo wrote:Ironic he'd be battling aromashadu for a spot. They were like the same ff guy for the last 2 weeks of 2010 n 2011
Yea, but without the frontflip! :D

Champ224
Captain
Captain

Postby Champ224 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Creed's Assassin wrote:That was my immediate reaction as well. I'm a Vikings fan, and even I had to double check the roster to make sure they didn't have someone else I was forgetting based on that article's statement that he'd be no better than #4.

He should be the #2, but don't let that stop the bonehead coaches from screwing it up. These are the same guys who only had Harvin on the field for a little over half of the plays.
I did the same thing and double checked the teams roster. I did not see any threat to Simpson taking over the #2 spot on the team and still scratching my head over the competing for the #4 spot on the team statement.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:37 am

I own Simpson in a start up I drafted for this summer and and really hoping he signs in minny. I cant even name a WR there besides harvin... who would be potentially in front of him at this point? Not counting any draftees the vikings bring in next week?

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:55 am

That is just ridiculous coach-speak about Simpson being the WR4 in Minn. He will be their undisputed #2. Granted, he can use some refinement in his route-running and technique, but Simpson is extremely talented and will be lining up opposite Harvin in Week 1.

I'd be more worried about his effect on Harvin, if you know what I mean :wink:

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:22 am

Simpson has talent. Just gotta stay clean off the field. I like the move...gives MINN a legit deep threat. Should actually help take pressure off Harvin and open up a lot of looks over the middle for Harvin.

I don't think this hurts Harvin one bit.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:28 am

WZA wrote:I don't think this hurts Harvin one bit.
I wasn't advocating that it would hurt him the field. Given Harvin's past marijuana use and Simpson's fondness for apparently distributing it, that's what I was alluding to in my previous post.

Derp.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:40 am

I like this move for all parties. Yeah, I said parties.

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:30 pm

If he signs and MIN stands pat without drafting a WR early, I def. see him as the undisputed #2 WR, much much much better landing spot than if he signed with the rams, as im pretty sure he visited them too.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 pm

well its a done deal as a guy with him as my 6th or 7th wr im pretty happy.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:That is just ridiculous coach-speak about Simpson being the WR4 in Minn. He will be their undisputed #2. Granted, he can use some refinement in his route-running and technique, but Simpson is extremely talented and will be lining up opposite Harvin in Week 1.

I'd be more worried about his effect on Harvin, if you know what I mean :wink:
Not week 1, more like week 4, he is reportedly suspended for 3 weeks due to his hippie lettuce side business.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Here's the thing. He has talent which means he has HUGE upside. A lot depends on the QB sitch in Minny. I still want to see Joe Webb under center.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:29 pm

I'd be surprised if Minnesota doesn't take a WR in the first 3 rounds.
12-team, 24-man roster, QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1flex/K/TD
4pt passing TD, 6pt other TD, 1pt for 20 pass yards, 1pt for 10 rush/receive yards, no PPR

QB: Brees, Freeman, Kolb
RB: Mathews, JStew, DeAngelo, Redman, DCarter, Powell, Fannin
WR: Britt, AJ Green, Maclin, DBaldwin, EBennett, Knox, Simpson, Avery
TE: Witten, Moeaki, Tamme
K: Gostkowski
TD: Bears