Looks like Brandon Marshall's value shot up.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Looks like Brandon Marshall's value shot up.

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

farmerj3 wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:as a bears fan, I'm thrilled

A bears fan should NOT have a Suh picture as his profile pic.... :wink:
X2
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:13 pm

farmerj3 wrote:

A Lincoln Native should. As long as it's a husker suh pic!

sorry bears fans, my husker loyalties trump my bears fandom. Suh's my favorite husker since tommie fraizer. IT broke my heart to see him Drafted by the Lions, but at least it wasn't the Packers or Vikings. Sorry, Lions fans, I can't work up the same hate for your franchise. The only time you've been even above average in my life time it was because you had the most electric, impossible to hate football player of all time on your team. It's hard to work up hate for a bad team.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Ive Always been a Marshall fan. Now that he is back with his boy cutler, im expecting Big things from him
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

As a long-time Jay Cutler supporter I'm thrilled by this move, Jay has all the talent in the world and I expect him to return to his former pro bowl form

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Lol, well stated. Not fair to say Marshall's "antics" anymore. Ever since he started taking medicine for his disorder, he has been no problem for the Dolphins. Addressing the drops: T.O. dropped balls all the time in his prime, didn't stop him from breaking tackles all the way to the end zone every time he caught the ball.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Cutler gets a boost. Marshall gets a big boost. Forte???

I think Forte will get the benefit from less 8-man boxes, but may suffer from less redzone opportunities. So, maybe a slight bump or wash.

Any way, congrats Bears fans. It's a great addition that will enhance the entire offense.

As a former Broncos fan that turned sour due to the whole Shanahan firing/McDaniels fiasco, I may need to consider the Bears as my adopted team! Who's next...Scheffler? :lol:
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm

SpaderDude wrote:Cutler gets a boost. Marshall gets a big boost. Forte???

I think Forte will get the benefit from less 8-man boxes, but may suffer from less redzone opportunities. So, maybe a slight bump or wash.

Any way, congrats Bears fans. It's a great addition that will enhance the entire offense.

As a former Broncos fan that turned sour due to the whole Shanahan firing/McDaniels fiasco, I may need to consider the Bears as my adopted team! Who's next...Scheffler? :lol:
Forte doesn't get goalline opportunities to begin with..
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:04 pm

^^^
Not entirely true...
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how the Dolphins only got 2 3rds!? And where the hell did this move come from?

I was thinking at work... maybe this is them clearing the way for all the ex-Colts?

jd5016
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jd5016 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:08 pm

farmerj3 wrote:

Seriously.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Wow, as a BEars fan I am really excited. We don't get too many big name WR's around these parts ya know! I'll be 34 next year and my memories of fantastic bears wideouts go something like this 1. Willie Gault, 2. MArty Booker. YEah..... WELCOME BRANDON!

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm

As a Vikings fan, I'm ticked that they will get torched by the Packers, Lions, and now the Bears too via the pass. Ugh..... tough times to come for us Purple fans. Heck, the Vikes should have another high draft pick in 2013.

As a Marshall owner I'm quite happy though. I think reuniting him with Cutler and a formally successfull scheme spells good things for Brandon. He was "for the most part" a Qb proof very solid wr2 before and I think now he could be considered for a lock top 10 wr. 90 + receptions, 1,200 + yds and 8-10 + Td's seems attainable for him in that offense with Cutler. It will be interesting to see how often he is targeted and if he can improve his red zone production. Sad to say; I think it helps the whole Bear's offense and the Bears are my least favorite team. Congrats to other Marshall owners and to Bears fans - this move bumps up his value based on the above mentioned Lack of Revis island and a division of poor pass defenses.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

stingray_76
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stingray_76 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:32 am

"The New York Post reports Bears WR Brandon Marshall "slugged" a woman at a Chelsea nightclub early last Sunday morning.
The incident allegedly started as a fight between Marshall and another football player. Marshall ended up "cold-cocking" the woman in the left eye, though it's not clear if the punch was meant for her or was misdirected in the melee. During the donnybrook, Marshall's wife was hit in the face by a thrown bottle. It's not known that the Dolphins knew about the incident prior to the Marshall trade. Per FOX Sports' Alex Marvez, Marshall's contract clause guaranteeing $6 million of his $9.3 million salary voids if he's suspended by the NFL. Given his long and sordid history of violence, that's a distinct possibility.
Source: New York Post Mar 14 - 8:23 AM"

"GM Phil Emery released a statement Wednesday, clarifying that the Bears and Dolphins were both aware of Brandon Marshall's latest violent incident at a New York nightclub.
"We decided to move forward with the trade," said Emery. "We have high expectations for Brandon as a Bear." The first-time GM is putting his neck on the line with this trade. Marshall may be innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, but he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt in the public forum or the league office with upwards of a dozen past incidents requiring police intervention. Marshall remains the biggest ticking time bomb in the NFL.
Related: Dolphins
Mar 14 - 8:57 AM"
ROTOWORLD

i guess two 3rds makes more sense today..... :crazy:

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 am

The_Future wrote:Lol, well stated. Not fair to say Marshall's "antics" anymore. Ever since he started taking medicine for his disorder, he has been no problem for the Dolphins. Addressing the drops: T.O. dropped balls all the time in his prime, didn't stop him from breaking tackles all the way to the end zone every time he caught the ball.
Maybe the meds dont work when mixed with alcohol or maybe they were off by 4 am. Marshall is really living the dream

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 am

F ing Brandon Marshall.... This guy is gonna get shot in Chicago, mark my words!