for all those who were throwing Dirt on Spiller this season.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: for all those who were throwing Dirt on Spiller this sea

Postby skip » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:44 am

standard_variance wrote:I will admit I have been on the opposite of the coin with this. Comparing him tot Best, and Charles are accurate....but look where both of those RB's are right now...Spiller is not as big as McCoy or Rice. Meaning he most likely is not capable of handling as much of a workload as they are - i.e. Best and Charles. Though I was on the other side of the coin, I always thought CJ Spiller was talented, and would be productive but he is not someone I'd rely on as anything more than a low end RB2-3. He put up solid numbers but like stated before in other games he has completely disappeared. Im not confident that they will ever build the offensive mentality around him....Im more sure that they will always look for another RB to compliment his skill set. Thats where my skepticism comes in, not in his abilities.
It sounds like your criticism of Spiller related to Charles or Best is due to their injuries which isn't fair at all. Best has a long history of injury and dynasty owners failing to take that into account got what they paid for. Charles had 230 touches in 2009 and 275 in 2010...neither of those workloads contributed to his torn ACL early this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

standard_variance
Starter
Starter

Re: for all those who were throwing Dirt on Spiller this sea

Postby standard_variance » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:12 pm

skip wrote:
standard_variance wrote:I will admit I have been on the opposite of the coin with this. Comparing him tot Best, and Charles are accurate....but look where both of those RB's are right now...Spiller is not as big as McCoy or Rice. Meaning he most likely is not capable of handling as much of a workload as they are - i.e. Best and Charles. Though I was on the other side of the coin, I always thought CJ Spiller was talented, and would be productive but he is not someone I'd rely on as anything more than a low end RB2-3. He put up solid numbers but like stated before in other games he has completely disappeared. Im not confident that they will ever build the offensive mentality around him....Im more sure that they will always look for another RB to compliment his skill set. Thats where my skepticism comes in, not in his abilities.
It sounds like your criticism of Spiller related to Charles or Best is due to their injuries which isn't fair at all. Best has a long history of injury and dynasty owners failing to take that into account got what they paid for. Charles had 230 touches in 2009 and 275 in 2010...neither of those workloads contributed to his torn ACL early this season.
It sounds that way because you've filtered it that way. Durability was not my only concern. With Best they brought in LeShoure. With Charles they brought in Thomas Jones - and they will probably bring in another RB. Rest assured Spiller will not be a bell-cow. And to be honest, he may not even need to be in order to be as productive as you are claiming he will be...however, in order to be consistent he will need to be relied on gameplan wise...more similar to Charles than Best. I do not think that will happen, thus he will not be consistent enough to be anything more than what I've stated at this point.
"We must be keenly alive to the defects of our own faith also, yet not leave it on that account, but try to overcome those defects." -Ghandi

There is a difference between argument, and dogmatic assertion. Argument leaves room for change, and improvement, dogma only leaves room for acceptance.

In honor of Gino - "Strong Fantasy Quarterbacks are the cornerstone to any successful Dynasty team"