Another MFL question/commish powers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Another MFL question/commish powers

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm

I know on yahoo the commish can pretty much change anything in the past results. Rosters, starters, etc. Leads me to a question, in an MFL league, it shows the commish picked Victor Cruz in the 7th round (start up). I'm just blown away that anybody would have picked him that early before the season started. Can you go in and change the draft picks as the commisioner and would there be any record of it?

PS - Keepers are based on round picked and free agents can't be kept at all.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Another MFL question/commish powers

Postby meineymoe » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm

you sound like quite the conspiracy theorist. I would think that some other stuff must have happened with this commish for you to be so suspicious.

btw - Cruz is someone that I nabbed early in our free agent auctions in the preseason - I just figured he was in line to replace Steve Smith's numbers when he moved on to Philly... so it isn't implausible that someone would draft him as their 2nd or 3rd WR, though that may have been a bit early because of his sleeper status.

As far as commish powers - I am familiar with MFL, but have never gone back to fix a draft pick, so I don't know how easy it would be to do.

-oo-

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 am

That's a pretty serious accusation....someone would have to notice that if it happened!!! I know that during a draft, I always look at who was picked before me and if he actually changed it....when???? A round or two later? Wouldn't the other owners become suspicious when (example) Lagarette Blount is suddenly available after we all checked the undrafted RB's and he wasn't there a round ago?
Last edited by melish1631 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:46 am

voiceofunreason wrote:Can you go in and change the draft picks as the commisioner and would there be any record of it?
I just checked and yes the commish can change draft picks even after the draft is over. I'm not sure if there would be any record of it though...

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
voiceofunreason wrote:Can you go in and change the draft picks as the commisioner and would there be any record of it?
I just checked and yes the commish can change draft picks even after the draft is over. I'm not sure if there would be any record of it though...
It might be listed in the transactions, if you go back over the season and look through all of the activity.

I'm guessing that if he did make the change, it was probably a few weeks into the season or later, not during the draft. Chances are Cruz could have been a free agent at the beginning of the season in that league. That would be another thing to look for when going through the transactions, to see if Cruz was picked up by the commish's team

-oo-

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Most sites allow the commish to correct/update and delete transactions...delete would be the thing that would erase the transaction!!! Still, back to my point...what player that the team may have originally drafted in round 7 and was suddenly available - wouldn't that raise eyebrows from the owners?
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm

melish1631 wrote:Most sites allow the commish to correct/update and delete transactions...delete would be the thing that would erase the transaction!!! Still, back to my point...what player that the team may have originally drafted in round 7 and was suddenly available - wouldn't that raise eyebrows from the owners?
Unless after switching to Cruz in round 7, he didn't drop the guy he took in round 7, but another bum at the back of his bench that hadn't done anything and wouldn't be missed at all. With the ability to delete transactions as well, I would think that would be very hard to trace. If you click on player links in MFL it shows what week the player was added by that team. Maybe that would still show up? Or does that update as well when draft picks are changed?

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Of course the commish can correct draft picks....it happens at least once in almost every draft I am in. There should be a transaction log, which includes the draft or auction, and a good commisioner should make a note in the comments section.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm

The fact that someone would even be willing to go this far to cheat in FF is insane to me. I commish two dynasty leagues, one that is in its 6th season, I can't even fathom trying to cheat. My league mates would string me up by my toes.

I hope cheating wasn't the case, and that the person in question was just playing off of a hunch.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.