Next move after getting Dell + Andrews...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Next move after getting Dell + Andrews...

Postby Randomguess » Wed May 22, 2024 9:38 am

12 team league, PPR, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 non-QB flex for team 1 below. I just traded D Smith and Ferguson for Dell and Andrews. With the picks I have, I will take MHJ and Nabers for sure. I will have a surplus of talent at TE so I'd like to either trade Andrews or move back from the 1.04 if I decide to keep Andrews. The question is which position do I try and reinforce and with what players. I feel like at WR I am set. No one in the league seems interested in selling any of the tier 1 RBs. So, here are what I consider my options at this point. Please add any ideas if you have some.
1. Keep Andrews and trade back from 1.04 to the 1.06 or 1.08 range and take Caleb, giving me two, presumably good, young QBs. I wouldn't have to think about that position for a decade.
2. Keep Andrews and trade back from 1.04 to that same range and select Jonathan Brooks.
3. Trade Andrews and Spears or Zamir for Lamar and Engram or Godwin. This would leave the door open to still trading back at the 1.04 spot and would solidify my QB position. This owner has stated he is open to trading Lamar.
4. Trade Andrews and Spears or Zamir for Pacheco and Pickens. Then draft Bowers at 1.04.
5. Trade Andrews and Spears or Zamir for Barkley. Then draft Bowers at 1.04

These are all trades that I consider possible given the other owner's trade habits and team needs. It's a shallow league so I'm always looking to tier up where possible, but most of the elite players have been off-limits. Anyone have a strong preference for my next step? Thanks in advance.
Team 1:
QB: Stroud, Geno, Minshew
RB: Bijan, ETN, R White, Z White, Pacheco
WR: Lamb, Nakua, Olave, Dell, Pickens, Shakir, Iosivas, Burks
TE: Laporta, Andrews
2024 picks: 1.01, 1.02
2025 two 1sts

Team 2:
QB: Lawrence, Stafford
RB: Hall, Taylor, Z White, Javonte Williams, Dobbins
WR: Chase, Lamb, Kupp, Deebo, DK, Ridley, Addison
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.12, 3.10, 4.10

blueeyedbanditt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Next move after getting Dell + Andrews...

Postby blueeyedbanditt » Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am

Overall, I think you make a move to set you up for the future since you have enough solid pieces NOW to contend.
Of these, 1 is the only one I would steer away from. 3 I'm also not that interested in, I think Stroud is just fine in 1 QB.
I think 2 and 4 are my favorite options. I think if anywhere you could make a move, it's at RB. Brooks can really only go up in value IMO. Barkley getting up there in age so you'd be trading for a shorter term asset, I don't hate it though.
I think we'd all agree Bowers is the better long-term asset compared to Andrews, so I'm going to go for option 4 of those shown if you can get it done.
10 Team, PPR, 27 roster: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Kyren Williams, Devon Achane, Derrick Henry, Jaylen Warren
WR: CeeDee Lamb, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Drake London, Tee Higgins, Hollywood Brown, Ricky Pearsall
TE: George Kittle, Brock Bowers, Pat Freiermuth

Picks:
2025: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th
2026: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Wed May 22, 2024 12:00 pm

blueeyedbanditt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am Overall, I think you make a move to set you up for the future since you have enough solid pieces NOW to contend.
Of these, 1 is the only one I would steer away from. 3 I'm also not that interested in, I think Stroud is just fine in 1 QB.
I think 2 and 4 are my favorite options. I think if anywhere you could make a move, it's at RB. Brooks can really only go up in value IMO. Barkley getting up there in age so you'd be trading for a shorter term asset, I don't hate it though.
I think we'd all agree Bowers is the better long-term asset compared to Andrews, so I'm going to go for option 4 of those shown if you can get it done.
Sounds good - thank you very much and I agree that 2 and 4 make the most sense for my team. Given that I have Laporta, I think Bowers makes sense, long-term IF I can get a solid return for Andrews. That being said, I am a big fan of Brooks. Will give it some time and think it all over. Thanks again.
Team 1:
QB: Stroud, Geno, Minshew
RB: Bijan, ETN, R White, Z White, Pacheco
WR: Lamb, Nakua, Olave, Dell, Pickens, Shakir, Iosivas, Burks
2024 picks: 1.01, 1.02
2025 two 1sts

Team 2:
QB: Lawrence, Stafford
RB: Hall, Taylor, Z White, Javonte Williams, Dobbins
WR: Chase, Lamb, Kupp, Deebo, DK, Ridley, Addison
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.12, 3.10, 4.10

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri May 24, 2024 1:55 am

Randomguess wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:00 pm
blueeyedbanditt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am Overall, I think you make a move to set you up for the future since you have enough solid pieces NOW to contend.
Sounds good - thank you very much and I agree that 2 and 4 make the most sense for my team. Given that I have Laporta, I think Bowers makes sense, long-term IF I can get a solid return for Andrews. That being said, I am a big fan of Brooks. Will give it some time and think it all over. Thanks again.

I'd lean 2 over 4 by a slight margin but both are do able.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5