Ben Sinnott Is Underpriced

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Ben Sinnott Is Underpriced

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 am Sinnot just went at 3.08 in our 14 team 1 QB IDP TEP draft, and that feels about right.

The comparisons to LaPorta are way off base IMO. He’s not near the route runner nor does he do well when challenged at the point of completion. He doesn’t come close to ticking every TE box. He ticks maybe half of them IMO.

TEs in the NFL are very unique player profiles. To get on the field all the time they have to have the mentality and physicality of offensive linemen while at the same time to be viable in FF they need to be agile, sharp in their routes, very athletic, sure handed while maintaining that physicality.

Sinnot fits the size and athletic requirements and has solid hands, but does not run solid routes or separate well and he’s lacking significantly on the physicality aspect, as a route runner and most especially in the blocking aspect. He’s also not the dominant go-up-and-get-it type of TE. He’s nowhere close to being the player LaPorta is. He’s going to have to rely on being a F TE, because he’s a liability in the run game. That means he’s going to be off the field a significant amount of time, but it will also affect his receiving because he plays so soft for the position. Combine that with his poor route running and I’m seeing a guy who is going to need to develop his receiving game significantly to be meaningful in FF, and he likely is never going to be a good in-line TE because he simply does not enjoy the physicality demanded of the position, and that’s something that requires substantial mental toughness combined with a love of the combat on the line to go with the size, mass and strength.

He’s a finesse move TE that is going to require an offense to develop a specific role for him that takes a WR off the field in favor of a 1:1 replacement of him instead of getting the advantage that typical 12 formations offer, which is the dual threat of a heavy run attack with the passing mismatch. WAS does not look like that kind of team. Their new coaching staff has a history of desiring a strong running game and playing some smash mouth football. That’s not his game.

I hope he turns into a really good TE, but I’m seeing a player who is not pro ready yet, especially in this offense, and likely will never be a full time player.
I think we have a bit of revisionist history going on here. Laporta had an AVG ADP of 20 in rookie drafts, a far cry from all of us knowing he was going to set records. A lot of people had red flags on Laporta, let's not act like he was a perfect prospect. There were a lot of questions whether or not he would even be a full time TE cuz he didn't block a whole lot in college. I think this is a very hindsight 20/20 comment sorry.

Sinnott is definitely not a finesse TE, he was 4th among all TE's with 14 broken tackles last year and he's actually a little bit bigger than Laporta is. Laporta RAS was 9.02 vs Sinnott's at 9.72. From what I see / have read, his short area quickness and agility is not there but he's also a TE not a WR so not sure how much that really matters. He also had 31 explosive plays of 20+ yards over the past two years. I mean there's a ton to like about his game. Not sure what boxes you want checked but be my guest and let us know.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, T. Benson, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, KJ Osborn, M. Washington
TE: D. Njoku, D. Goedert, B. Sinnott

Draft picks:
2025 - 1st (Mid), 2nd, (early), 2nd (Late), 3rd, 4th, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th
2027 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am
I think we have a bit of revisionist history going on here. Laporta had an AVG ADP of 20 in rookie drafts, a far cry from all of us knowing he was going to set records. A lot of people had red flags on Laporta, let's not act like he was a perfect prospect. There were a lot of questions whether or not he would even be a full time TE cuz he didn't block a whole lot in college. I think this is a very hindsight 20/20 comment sorry.
Some of us were plenty high on him before the NFL draft last season. I’m not speaking just for myself, but others like Lukky, Jigga and Ice among others. And that comment about questions on his blocking was not accurate among this group as well.

No one saw the rookie year coming that LaPorta had. But to say he was universally not highly thought of is off base.
PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am Not sure what boxes you want checked but be my guest and let us know.
I thought I was pretty thorough in my initial response. Are you looking for a 2500 word essay or something?

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 9:21 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 am
Some of us were plenty high on him before the NFL draft last season. I’m not speaking just for myself, but others like Lukky, Jigga and Ice among others. And that comment about questions on his blocking was not accurate among this group as well.

No one saw the rookie year coming that LaPorta had. But to say he was universally not highly thought of is off base.
PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:22 am Not sure what boxes you want checked but be my guest and let us know.
I thought I was pretty thorough in my initial response. Are you looking for a 2500 word essay or something?
I implore you to back and look at some of the prior threads, don't act like three dudes make up everyone's mind. Just because you didn't see things that way doesn't mean that was the prevailing thought. ADP of 20 seems to support my comment but here we are. There's a thread everyone was saying Mayer over Laporta so there goes your argument everyone knew he was a stud. Again very much hindsight 20/20 comment just own it man.

No offense but your commentary is riddled with inaccuracies which some of us are pointing out. Many other analysts disagree with you and we're showing you proof. Lacks physicality yet has an almost perfect RAS ok makes sense. Not a dominant go up and get it TE, yet has a 40' vertical. He's a liability in the run game yet was deployed as a FB at times at K State. You have your opinion but there also seems to be a plethora of others that don't agree with you. In fact I find more that disagree with you than agree. That 2nd round draft capital seems to disagree with you as well, you don't take a TE in the 2nd round if you don't plan on playing them FT.

RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, T. Benson, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, KJ Osborn, M. Washington

Draft picks:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 am

I haven't been in the right spot to get any shares yet, but I agree 100%.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:21 am

I implore you to back and look at some of the prior threads, don't act like three dudes make up everyone's mind. Just because you didn't see things that way doesn't mean that was the prevailing thought. ADP of 20 seems to support my comment but here we are. There's a thread everyone was saying Mayer over Laporta so there goes your argument everyone knew he was a stud. Again very much hindsight 20/20 comment just own it man.

No offense but your commentary is riddled with inaccuracies which some of us are pointing out. Many other analysts disagree with you and we're showing you proof. Lacks physicality yet has an almost perfect RAS ok makes sense. Not a dominant go up and get it TE, yet has a 40' vertical. He's a liability in the run game yet was deployed as a FB at times at K State. You have your opinion but there also seems to be a plethora of others that don't agree with you. In fact I find more that disagree with you than agree. That 2nd round draft capital seems to disagree with you as well, you don't take a TE in the 2nd round if you don't plan on playing them FT.
Geez, you’re just itching for a pissing contest, huh? Have at it, but you’re going to have to play with yourself.

:wave:

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:34 am

Geez, you’re just itching for a pissing contest, huh? Have at it, but you’re going to have to play with yourself.

Itching for a pissing contest? Dude look at your response, "Do you want a 2500 essay." GTFOH with that condescending BS, man y'all soft AF on here lately can't even disagree with a man without them getting in their feels.

Draft picks:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am

Itching for a pissing contest? Dude look at your response, "Do you want a 2500 essay." GTFOH with that condescending BS, man y'all soft AF on here lately can't even disagree with a man without them getting in their feels.
I thoroughly enjoy a good disagreement on players and I don’t mind being proven wrong on my opinion by a player’s performance, especially when they’re successful. What I have done is dispense with extending an engagement with people who thrive on personal insults and tearing people down instead of discussing the topic player at hand. When I was younger that kind of behavior would have gotten my hackles up and I would have dropped down to their level to retort to the poor behavior, but I’ve learned that doing so won’t change their behavior and that quite frankly it’s just not worth the time.

And so I’ll let you move ahead solo on your tirade and dropping insults. I’m not sure what kind of thrill you get out of it, but there must be something - so enjoy away.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 am

I thoroughly enjoy a good disagreement on players and I don’t mind being proven wrong on my opinion by a player’s performance, especially when they’re successful. What I have done is dispense with extending an engagement with people who thrive on personal insults and tearing people down instead of discussing the topic player at hand. When I was younger that kind of behavior would have gotten my hackles up and I would have dropped down to their level to retort to the poor behavior, but I’ve learned that doing so won’t change their behavior and that quite frankly it’s just not worth the time.

And so I’ll let you move ahead solo on your tirade and dropping insults. I’m not sure what kind of thrill you get out of it, but there must be something - so enjoy away.
Dude don't give me that gaslighting BS, I responded to you respectfully initially and you said you thought you were pretty thorough and needed a 2500 essay. Then saying I'm itching for a pissing contest after I gave you my dissenting sentiment lol. Apologies that calling you soft offended you (that was the only insult from where I stand), lots of people on here are, including yourself, that can't have a disagreement with someone. You gave two snarky comments in a row and apparently expected that nothing was going to happen, you get what you give.

Draft picks:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am

Just debate the player. There's no need for any of this bs. 5 comments too many with no value added

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 11:02 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:39 am Sinnot just went at 3.08 in our 14 team 1 QB IDP TEP draft, and that feels about right.

The comparisons to LaPorta are way off base IMO. He’s not near the route runner nor does he do well when challenged at the point of completion. He doesn’t come close to ticking every TE box. He ticks maybe half of them IMO.

TEs in the NFL are very unique player profiles. To get on the field all the time they have to have the mentality and physicality of offensive linemen while at the same time to be viable in FF they need to be agile, sharp in their routes, very athletic, sure handed while maintaining that physicality.

Sinnot fits the size and athletic requirements and has solid hands, but does not run solid routes or separate well and he’s lacking significantly on the physicality aspect, as a route runner and most especially in the blocking aspect. He’s also not the dominant go-up-and-get-it type of TE. He’s nowhere close to being the player LaPorta is. He’s going to have to rely on being a F TE, because he’s a liability in the run game. That means he’s going to be off the field a significant amount of time, but it will also affect his receiving because he plays so soft for the position. Combine that with his poor route running and I’m seeing a guy who is going to need to develop his receiving game significantly to be meaningful in FF, and he likely is never going to be a good in-line TE because he simply does not enjoy the physicality demanded of the position, and that’s something that requires substantial mental toughness combined with a love of the combat on the line to go with the size, mass and strength.

He’s a finesse move TE that is going to require an offense to develop a specific role for him that takes a WR off the field in favor of a 1:1 replacement of him instead of getting the advantage that typical 12 formations offer, which is the dual threat of a heavy run attack with the passing mismatch. WAS does not look like that kind of team. Their new coaching staff has a history of desiring a strong running game and playing some smash mouth football. That’s not his game.

I hope he turns into a really good TE, but I’m seeing a player who is not pro ready yet, especially in this offense, and likely will never be a full time player.

Sinnott is definitely not a finesse TE, he was 4th among all TE's with 14 broken tackles last year and he's actually a little bit bigger than Laporta is. Laporta RAS was 9.02 vs Sinnott's at 9.72. From what I see / have read, his short area quickness and agility is not there but he's also a TE not a WR so not sure how much that really matters. He also had 31 explosive plays of 20+ yards over the past two years. I mean there's a ton to like about his game. Not sure what boxes you want checked but be my guest and let us know.
I like Sinnott's athleticism, I think it translates to the field. Not the agility, like you said, but the other areas. FWIW, I thought Laporta was the best TE in the class, and was a sure fire top end NFL TE, barring injury. I made it a point to target him. I didn't expect that type of year 1 though, I don't think anybody did.

Laporta has loose hips and agility, which Sinnott lacks. I think Sinnott has a lot of upside, it will be a question of how much he can get on the field and how much they want to feature him as a pass catcher.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue May 07, 2024 11:16 am

I implore you to back and look at some of the prior threads, don't act like three dudes make up everyone's mind. Just because you didn't see things that way doesn't mean that was the prevailing thought.
Wait just a minute..... Some of us are Legends in our own Minds and we are the prevailing thought!!!!!! :crazy:

As for LaPota... He went 1.9 last year in one of my money 1 QB leagues and Kincaid went 1.6. Both players also had high NFL Draft Capital and went to good TE scheme systems. There were only 8 selections in the NFL draft between those two players.

Obviously, there is a lot of inexperience in fantasy football and preconceived notions about the TE position but this year the only TE in the class of those 2 is Bowers. Sinnott may be good but he went 40 spots after Bowers. That is a pretty big talent drop off in the scouting world.

TE is a hard position in fantasy but if they jump off the page in your evaluations then go draft them if you can.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 12:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:02 am

I like Sinnott's athleticism, I think it translates to the field. Not the agility, like you said, but the other areas. FWIW, I thought Laporta was the best TE in the class, and was a sure fire top end NFL TE, barring injury. I made it a point to target him. I didn't expect that type of year 1 though, I don't think anybody did.

Laporta has loose hips and agility, which Sinnott lacks. I think Sinnott has a lot of upside, it will be a question of how much he can get on the field and how much they want to feature him as a pass catcher.
For the record, I don't think Sinnott is the same type prospect as Laporta, merely pointing out that he checks a lot of boxes you look for. I, personally, see a similar athletic profile, but as everyone pointed out Laporta has much more wiggle and short area athleticism. I don't think Sinnott is capable of doing what Laporta did in year one, I think it's foolish to think every year we are going to see rookies breaking records.

However, Laporta went 2.12 in my draft and I kick myself for not taking him over Mayer. Luckily I sold Mayer during his rookie year or else I'd be much more upset lol but I had concerns the Lions were gong to use him every down and were going to feature him. I admittedly missed on Laporta, the TE2 in the 2nd round!! But this is why I have these kinds of discussions here. I was wrong on that one, I've been right other times but if others can provide the why's behind their convictions on players, that gets me to change my way of thinking. Obviously I was stubborn on Laporta, maybe it was was Vikings fandom getting in the way lol.

Draft picks:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue May 07, 2024 3:32 pm

PigeonBoys wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:21 am No offense but your commentary is riddled with inaccuracies which some of us are pointing out. Many other analysts disagree with you and we're showing you proof. Lacks physicality yet has an almost perfect RAS ok makes sense. Not a dominant go up and get it TE, yet has a 40' vertical. He's a liability in the run game yet was deployed as a FB at times at K State. You have your opinion but there also seems to be a plethora of others that don't agree with you. In fact I find more that disagree with you than agree. That 2nd round draft capital seems to disagree with you as well, you don't take a TE in the 2nd round if you don't plan on playing them FT.

Careful man, next thing he'll block you for being so disrespectful in your disagreement. And that would be your loss! (Apparently)

Same ol' sh--, different day. At this rate, Bronco Billy will have most of the forum blocked. Long live the echo chamber! :lol:

FWIW LaPorta went 1.12 in my Superflex last year. There were definitely leagues that were on him.

Sinnott is currently going anywhere from 2.12 to 3.06, so regardless - we are talking about much more of a value proposition here, and his less polished profile (comparitively to Laportas) is already factored into the price...

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm

FWIW…
- I took Sinnott at 2.06 in one 2ppr te league
- He went 2.10 in another league with the same format
- last year LaPorta went 1.10 in my most knowledgeable TE Prem league, so people were definitely on him.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue May 07, 2024 5:32 pm

Shcritters wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm FWIW…
- I took Sinnott at 2.06 in one 2ppr te league
- He went 2.10 in another league with the same format
- last year LaPorta went 1.10 in my most knowledgeable TE Prem league, so people were definitely on him.
Sinnott is special but Daniels doesn’t historically use TEs. I guess anything can change but I would temper my expectations at least year 1
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5