Xavier Worthy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Xavier Worthy Official Thread

Postby Shcritters » Wed May 01, 2024 9:16 pm

Starting another thread on a polarizing player… Xavier Worthy.

I see a lot of people saying ‘he’s going to be over-drafted’, and I’m not so sure. I think anywhere in the 1.09-1-12 range is not out of the question. 1.08 is probably a stretch… but could see it in some leagues.

He had an amazing freshman year and continued to put up solid numbers the following two years, although never as good as that first year. His size concerns are well known - he’d be a historical outlier if he breaks 1k yards - but it seems to me that the NFL is shifting to smaller/faster WRs and he could be the next to buck like he’s breaking the historical trend (Addison, Flowers, Dell…).

Plant those flags and let’s have at it!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Xavier Worthy Official Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 pm

Another Chiefs WR that can't catch. I think he'll obviously have some splash plays, with that speed. I think tactically, it does a lot for the offense, more than he will be a highly productive player. Pacheco will love him. He's going to keep safeties honest, and it's also great for Kelce on the underneath stuff.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 am

The next Tyreek Hill. Or Mecole Hardman.

Good luck to whoever takes him. I have him solidly in the WR7-9 grouping. Probably puts him in the early 2nd of SF drafts, but I suspect he will be taken late 1st by most

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 02, 2024 7:13 am

Good:
+ True freshman breakout in a P5
+ Strong age-adjusted production profile
+ Strong receiving yards per team pass attempt
+ Elite athleticism and speed
+ Played 70% of his career snaps out wide
+ 1st round pedigree
+ 13.7 aDOT
+ 7.2 YAC/R is one of the best in class
+ Turned 21 years old a few days ago
+ Ideal landing spot

Bad:
- Drops (4%> 10% > 6%) - had a hand injury as a sophomore
- A significant portion of his production came off screens
- Tape lags behind his best statistics
- Gets open, but not yet there as far as being a nuanced or advanced technician in routes/separation
- Play strength at the LOS
- 34% contested catch rate in three years
- Below average in YPRR vs. single coverage the last two years (~2.5 YPRR)
- 0.35 1st downs/target is really bad
- Poor in EPA/route

You could probably add more to either side. I definitely think there's something here, but Worthy has more work to put in than similar players in his mold that I really liked. He's not much of a chain mover or someone you go to in key pressure moments, which stood out big to me. However, he's nowhere near a gadget guy like a Mecole Hardman or Kadarius Toney are. Those players did squat in college and shockingly did squat in the pros. Worthy's a legitimate WR who can play wide and get open. I think he's going to destroy teams on those third level routes, especially the deep post with Mahomes.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 am

There are some very real troubling aspects to his game that are going to be big trouble at the next level. He is very poor against press coverage, he is poor in contested catch situations, and he gets taken down easily by first contact. In short, he does not do well with any kind of physicality at all. If any DB gets a hand on him at any point in his route he is pretty much negated. On top of that, he runs really poor routes and is terrible at manipulating DBs. That means pro DBs are going to get their hands on him a lot. His action during route running against air at the combine was literally laughable.

This is not a good recipe for success in the NFL. The league is physical as all get out and CBs will be close to as fast as he is while being substantially stronger and much more nuanced. He’s going to have to find ways to get out into his routes completely clean and that capability is not in his arsenal. Much like Mingo, he actively does not like contact and can’t recover when it happens. Those guys don’t do well in the bigs.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 05, 2024 9:14 am

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun May 05, 2024 9:44 am

To quote the great Danny Noonan, “um I could put some stick’em on there for you sir…. My fault.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sun May 05, 2024 8:59 pm

Im going to go against the grain here and say if he lasts until the 9-12 range in 1qb, that’s a steal. His drops are over blown as people hold his 2022 season with a broken hand as like his normal self. Guy is not just a speedster, he can run the routes and is a much better prospect than what they’ve drafted at wr in a long time. They just turned a much lesser prospect whom people wrote off last year into a high end dynasty asset. I’m excited for worthy!

CountZero
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CountZero » Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am

Is anyone else here thinking Worthy over Odunze? I'm seeing some experts going this route, and the thinking is at least partially that Worthy's value will be higher after a year with Mahomes than Odunze as WR3 with a rookie QB. Talk me off the ledge!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 07, 2024 6:20 am

CountZero wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am Is anyone else here thinking Worthy over Odunze? I'm seeing some experts going this route, and the thinking is at least partially that Worthy's value will be higher after a year with Mahomes than Odunze as WR3 with a rookie QB. Talk me off the ledge!
That doesn't really make any sense unless you think Worthy is a better receiver than Odunze.

I’ve seen people saying avoid Odunze bc look at what happened to JSN, blocked by 2 veteran WRs, but Odunze is a better prospect than JSN was.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 6:32 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:20 am
CountZero wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:16 am Is anyone else here thinking Worthy over Odunze? I'm seeing some experts going this route, and the thinking is at least partially that Worthy's value will be higher after a year with Mahomes than Odunze as WR3 with a rookie QB. Talk me off the ledge!
That doesn't really make any sense unless you think Worthy is a better receiver than Odunze.

I’ve seen people saying avoid Odunze bc look at what happened to JSN, blocked by 2 veteran WRs, but Odunze is a better prospect than JSN was.
Maybe if you play in a super active league that treats players like stocks, I can get behind fading the "bad" situation Odunze has and then trying to buy later from an impatient owner. But he's in a different realm than JSN as prospects and he hasn't budged from WR3 for me all offseason. He will be fine long term

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 am

Everyone is hoping he's Tyreek. Maybe he foots that bill, maybe Hollywood does, maybe nobody does. And when I say that, understand that I get that Tyreek is a special talent, but I'm talking more that role, in that offense, where whomever gets it and is even somewhat successful at it is going to be a very valuable WR commodity.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 am

Last I looked at Mizelle ADP, he surpassed Bowers (May drafts). I will not be drafting him there.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:15 am

Yeah, I like Worthy a lot, but he's going a bit early for my taste. The only place I even had him in consideration so far (I have three drafts going on, two Superflex, one 1 QB) was at 1.11 (in Superflex) where I took Thomas. Worthy went at 1.09. In my OTHER Superflex he went at 2.02, which is probably where I would have taken him as well.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:19 am

Payton34 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:55 am Everyone is hoping he's Tyreek. Maybe he foots that bill, maybe Hollywood does, maybe nobody does. And when I say that, understand that I get that Tyreek is a special talent, but I'm talking more that role, in that offense, where whomever gets it and is even somewhat successful at it is going to be a very valuable WR commodity.
I think he will get that role while Hollywood gets the MVS deep threat role. Hollywood isn't a threat with the ball in his hands. He usually goes down as soon as he sees a defender. The question is how much better is Worthy? I'm betting he's not even 80% of Tyreek