Post Draft top 12 1 QB

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Post Draft top 12 1 QB

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm though it wasn't really clear if these are our own rankings or how we think drafts will go.
well i have a vague idea of what my rankings are, but how the funk should i know everyone else's?
i do think/hope some players are picked before it's my turn, but there are enough curveballs every year that i'd rather know who i want than hoping that my DNDs go in front of me (not picking on you, just touching on the argument).

i'm more interested in everyone's unique approach, beats a crowdsourced list that ends up looking to like fantasypros'.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm
natjjohn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

I see the logic but I think Worthy is drafted aggressively for sure. Chiefs, offense , first round pick, imagine hype train will continue to grow. Expect him to being going third or 4th by June
How is Reid’s history on evaluating WRs to draft on day 1 or day 2?
As most of said this isn't doesn't have to be our personal rankings, but how we foresee drafts happening. Given my current rankings/picks I'm hoping others take Worthy/Coleman before me so I don't have to. If they we both to be available at the end of the 1st then that makes a smaller conundrum that I'll end up taking whoever had the better DC (assuming I'll be stuck with the pick).
Agree with most of this.

I thought we were posting our top 12 though. If not, why not just post a consensus adp and be done with the conversation (which I would not prefer - I would much more rather see the opinion of who should be top 12 with some rationale from the people here).

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:15 am

Here’s my take on Worthy…

Do I love him as a prospect, no. But this is a swing for a fences kind of pick. If he hits, it’ll be in a big way. And I’d bet after the first 60 yard bomb TD he catches, you’ll inbox will have a couple decent offers in it.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

MHJr
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Bowers
CW
Brooks
McConkey
Worthy
Benson
Coleman
Pearsall

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

How is Reid’s history on evaluating WRs to draft on day 1 or day 2?
As most of said this isn't doesn't have to be our personal rankings, but how we foresee drafts happening. Given my current rankings/picks I'm hoping others take Worthy/Coleman before me so I don't have to. If they we both to be available at the end of the 1st then that makes a smaller conundrum that I'll end up taking whoever had the better DC (assuming I'll be stuck with the pick).
Agree with most of this.

I thought we were posting our top 12 though. If not, why not just post a consensus adp and be done with the conversation (which I would not prefer - I would much more rather see the opinion of who should be top 12 with some rationale from the people here).
Yeah, I meant this post to see what peoples personal top 12s for 1 QBs was/is

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 am

Idk where to post this but I’m doing a SF rookie draft and for about 24 picks you feel spoiled for choice, after that it’s like a barren turd wasteland. Usually I have some targets in the 3rd and even 4th rounds but this year it’s like great depth until around pick 24 and then it’s turd central.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 am Idk where to post this but I’m doing a SF rookie draft and for about 24 picks you feel spoiled for choice, after that it’s like a barren turd wasteland. Usually I have some targets in the 3rd and even 4th rounds but this year it’s like great depth until around pick 24 and then it’s turd central.
That's what it feels like in 1QB after the first round. There's just a drastic dropoff in quality.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:19 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 am Idk where to post this but I’m doing a SF rookie draft and for about 24 picks you feel spoiled for choice, after that it’s like a barren turd wasteland. Usually I have some targets in the 3rd and even 4th rounds but this year it’s like great depth until around pick 24 and then it’s turd central.
That's what it feels like in 1QB after the first round. There's just a drastic dropoff in quality.
I love these kinds of drafts. I see some opportunity for significant reward for those willing to dig deeper in their research.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 am
I love these kinds of drafts. I see some opportunity for significant reward for those willing to dig deeper in their research.
Yeah, I mean I haven’t done a deep dive on every rookie. I’m more speaking in terms of historical hit rates. After the top 24 picks or so, you’re left with 4th round WRs, 4th round RBs, the sleeper TE options aren’t as good as other years, and the QBs also seem to have fallen off a cliff after the top 6. All of these hit rates are less than 10% I’m pretty sure, maybe even less than 5%. The 3rd round of rookie drafts always gets dicey, but even more so this year imo.

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, I don't see any way that Worthy is not a 1st rounder in rookie drafts, though it wasn't really clear if these are our own rankings or how we think drafts will go.

KC has been sketchy with evaluating WR talent though outside of Rice. Worthy is very different though from what they usually pick.
Is anyone worried about Brian Thomas being stuck behind Kirk and a paid gabe davis (in terms of BTJ vs Worthy situation) or is the talent too big for that?
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st / 2nd, 2nd
2026 1st, 1st / 2nd
----------

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 am

Yeah, I mean I haven’t done a deep dive on every rookie. I’m more speaking in terms of historical hit rates. After the top 24 picks or so, you’re left with 4th round WRs, 4th round RBs, the sleeper TE options aren’t as good as other years, and the QBs also seem to have fallen off a cliff after the top 6. All of these hit rates are less than 10% I’m pretty sure, maybe even less than 5%. The 3rd round of rookie drafts always gets dicey, but even more so this year imo.
Exactly. The profiles just take a huge dropoff. In 1QB there are:

- 16 WRs selected in the Top 100
- 4 RBs selected in R2-R3
- 3 TEs selected in the Top 100

Once 9-10 WRs go off the board in R1, you're left with a lot of scraps. Good chance you're taking even more of a shot in the dark earlier than you anticipate this year.

There will likely be someone who beats the odds, but it's anyone's guess who that is with so many weak profiles. And the draft capital you have to use to find out isn't attractive.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 am

gunfrees wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, I don't see any way that Worthy is not a 1st rounder in rookie drafts, though it wasn't really clear if these are our own rankings or how we think drafts will go.

KC has been sketchy with evaluating WR talent though outside of Rice. Worthy is very different though from what they usually pick.
Is anyone worried about Brian Thomas being stuck behind Kirk and a paid gabe davis (in terms of BTJ vs Worthy situation) or is the talent too big for that?
I would take Worthy over Thomas just because he has a better production profile and a better situation. I'm not too worried about Davis long-term, because he's not an X. Jacksonville drafted Thomas to be that long-term and there's no competition for that role. Whether he actually does it is another conversation.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm

I think when push comes to shove and people actually start making picks, the top 2 RBs will go much higher. Especially Brooks.

There's just no way a 2nd round RB picked into a situation with a very obvious path to a lead or even feature back role in a draft where there are very few other good RB options is going to fall to the late 1st.

Historically in weak RB drafts we've seen FOURTH ROUND rookies sneak into the 1.08-1.10 range of FF rookie drafts. I don't think a RB drafted in the 2nd round is going to wind up that low in most drafts with no other RBs available.

Yes he has the ACL but he's young for a rookie so even if his first year is a wash he'll still be the same age next year as most rookie RBs.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm I think when push comes to shove and people actually start making picks, the top 2 RBs will go much higher. Especially Brooks.

There's just no way a 2nd round RB picked into a situation with a very obvious path to a lead or even feature back role in a draft where there are very few other good RB options is going to fall to the late 1st.

Historically in weak RB drafts we've seen FOURTH ROUND rookies sneak into the 1.08-1.10 range of FF rookie drafts. I don't think a RB drafted in the 2nd round is going to wind up that low in most drafts with no other RBs available.

Yes he has the ACL but he's young for a rookie so even if his first year is a wash he'll still be the same age next year as most rookie RBs.
I know it will happen in my leagues. Guessing (as you say Vcize) that Brooks doesn't make it past 1.08. Benson will probably be gone by 1.10. Corum will be gone early 2nd round. Just the way the guys in my leagues value RB's.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm
Vcize wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm I think when push comes to shove and people actually start making picks, the top 2 RBs will go much higher. Especially Brooks.

I know it will happen in my leagues. Guessing (as you say Vcize) that Brooks doesn't make it past 1.08. Benson will probably be gone by 1.10. Corum will be gone early 2nd round. Just the way the guys in my leagues value RB's.
Yep RB needy Owners will panick at the thought of going another year without replenishing their stable. It will happen
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5