Rookie QB3

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Rookie QB3

Postby nicktahoes » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

I'm seeing both Maye and JJ as the QB3 in the rookie draft. At 1.04 I'm sure that is what I will be choosing from. I want to go JJ because of the situation he is in and I acquired this pick. My team is in the signature and I lost in the second round of the playoffs.

I've done so much research and looking at draft videos I still just can't decide.
Team 1: Players of note
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Bunch of backups
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Javonte Williams,Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt, Osborn
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom,

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

Injury Prone
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rookie QB3

Postby Injury Prone » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 pm

Team in sig? Are you assuming Daniels or Nabers goes at 1.03?

In a vacuum - I prefer JJM if I’m competing and need reliable production the next couple years. Maye if I’m rebuilding and swinging for the fences. Sounds like you’re competing, Seems like an over-pay to take JJM at 1.04 - but suspect group consensus will shift him up the ranks these next few weeks.
Team 1
12 team, TE prem ++, start 13
2Qb, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 4 Flex
QB: Watson, Stafford, Jimmy G, Tannehill
RB: Bijan, Achane, C Brown, Roschon, G Edwards, Chandler, Keandre, Ford, Demercado, Z Evans, Dotson, Edmonds
WR: Puka, DJM, Addison, Dionte, Kirk, Hollywood, Cooks, T Burks, T Scott
TE: LaPorta, Engram, Bellinger, B Jordan

1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 4.03, 4.09, 5.03, 6.03
2025: 2nd - 6th
2026: All, plus 2nd

Team 2. Champ 2023
12 team, SF, start 10
1QB, 2RB, 3Wr, 1TE, 1SF, 2 Flex
QB: Allen, Cousins, Stafford, D Jones
RB: Etienne, Taylor, Kyren, Connor, Perine, J Hill, M Sanders, Akers
WR: Davante, Addison, M Evans, K Allen, JSN, Cooks, Mims
TE: Engram, Njoku, D Allen

3.1, 3.12, 4.12
2025: 2nd - 4th
2026: all picks

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

Guessing you think CW, MHJR and Daniels will be gone. If that's the case, I'm taking Nabers. I have him a tier above anyone else remaining. FWIW - I think a lot of drafts will go that way.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm Guessing you think CW, MHJR and Daniels will be gone. If that's the case, I'm taking Nabers. I have him a tier above anyone else remaining. FWIW - I think a lot of drafts will go that way.
This
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 pm

How many teams? 12 or less, Nabers. 14 or more, Maye.

HippieJuice
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby HippieJuice » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:37 pm

As to Maye, he could fall to the end of the first in SF 12 team league. Everyone is higher on McCarthy because of ahe and landing spot. NE obviously believes they can fix him but will they be patient and let him sit and learn? He has no weapons.
12 Team SF, TEP / START 10 QB.RB.RB.WR.WR.TE.F.F.F.S
QB, Cousins, D Jones, JField, JStidham, Rush, Bagent
RB, Barkley, JTaylor, RStevenson, JKDobbins, KHunt, PStrong, JeffWilson
WR, Kupp, CKirk, CSutton, JReed, Mooney, JamesonW, RMoore
TE, JFerg, LMusgrave, TKraft
5 spot taxi is empty (can hold for 2 years)
2024 1.02 1.07 2.01 2.05 2.08 3.10 4.10 5.03 5.04 5.10
2025 2- 2nds. 3- 3rds, 2-4ths, 1-5th
2026 1,2,3,4,5

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm Guessing you think CW, MHJR and Daniels will be gone. If that's the case, I'm taking Nabers. I have him a tier above anyone else remaining. FWIW - I think a lot of drafts will go that way.
That's exactly the order I think it's going. Sure Nabors for a lot of people will be their 4th player in SF. But I do want to know opinions of the QB3.
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Javonte Williams,Jamaal Williams

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am

nicktahoes wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm
That's exactly the order I think it's going. Sure Nabors for a lot of people will be their 4th player in SF. But I do want to know opinions of the QB3.
Understood. My opinion on the QB3:
- whoever one lands on isn't as good a pick in SF as Nabers
- Argument for JJM: landing spot is the juiciest of any top rookie QB: JJ, Addison, Hock, Jones.
- Argument against JJM: he's a black box. There fewer pass attempts than CW threw completions. Maybe he's good, maybe he isn't. The NFL repeatedly overdrafts QBs
- Argument for Maye: He's an elite talent. Had a down year when the weapons around him were depleted but the NFL (and scouting community) saw thru that. He has more rushing upside than people seem to mention. Probably gives you a floor of about 300 yards if he played a full season. That's not much less than what I'd expect from CW on the ground. He has the profile to hang around the NFL for a long time and be a serviceable QB2 in SF worst case
- Argument against Maye: situation is pretty bad right now. I could see him riding the bench for a while behind Brisset plus the weapons are awful (Douglas, Bourne, Henry, Stevenson). Hard to say if this is a worse WR group than what Herbert's dealing with.

Maye vs. JJM sort of reminds me of JSN vs. Addison last year. I didn't think either were elite, I thought JSN was probably more talented but Addison clearly had the better situation. With dynasty becoming a more impatient game as a whole, I thought Addison was the right pick because a productive rookie year is paramount these days. I'm begrudgingly getting to the point where I need to move JJM ahead of Maye on my SF board. I'm hesitant because I didn't have them particularly close three months ago and I believe Maye is a superior talent to JJM. But the dynamics of our game are such that I think it's the right call.

nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Postby nicktahoes » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 am
nicktahoes wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm
Understood. My opinion on the QB3:
- whoever one lands on isn't as good a pick in SF as Nabers
- Argument for JJM: landing spot is the juiciest of any top rookie QB: JJ, Addison, Hock, Jones.
- Argument against JJM: he's a black box. There fewer pass attempts than CW threw completions. Maybe he's good, maybe he isn't. The NFL repeatedly overdrafts QBs
- Argument for Maye: He's an elite talent. Had a down year when the weapons around him were depleted but the NFL (and scouting community) saw thru that. He has more rushing upside than people seem to mention. Probably gives you a floor of about 300 yards if he played a full season. That's not much less than what I'd expect from CW on the ground. He has the profile to hang around the NFL for a long time and be a serviceable QB2 in SF worst case
- Argument against Maye: situation is pretty bad right now. I could see him riding the bench for a while behind Brisset plus the weapons are awful (Douglas, Bourne, Henry, Stevenson). Hard to say if this is a worse WR group than what Herbert's dealing with.

Maye vs. JJM sort of reminds me of JSN vs. Addison last year. I didn't think either were elite, I thought JSN was probably more talented but Addison clearly had the better situation. With dynasty becoming a more impatient game as a whole, I thought Addison was the right pick because a productive rookie year is paramount these days. I'm begrudgingly getting to the point where I need to move JJM ahead of Maye on my SF board. I'm hesitant because I didn't have them particularly close three months ago and I believe Maye is a superior talent to JJM. But the dynamics of our game are such that I think it's the right call.
Appreciate that insight. I feel like I'm trying to talk myself into taking JJ assuming Daniels goes at 1.03 as I suspect. Had Nabors gone to the chargers I think the 1.03 would have taken him. I probably am leaning towards JJ. Although I also did draft JSN last year as the WR1 off the board. Years ago I also took Reagor over Jefferson. So maybe my evaluations suck. But I probably will be going with JJ.