Do Yourselves a Favor and Pick up Kyle Rudolph Now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ascherb
Starter
Starter

Do Yourselves a Favor and Pick up Kyle Rudolph Now

Postby ascherb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 pm

Probably should reveal my secrets, but this kid is going to explode next season. (Please bump this thread when it happens lol).

As a Minnesota homer, I get to watch how talented this kid is week in a week out. For you dynasty players who aren't lucky enough to have Gronk, Finley or another elite TE option, pick this kid up now and thank me next season.

Rudolph hasn't done much this year for three reasons: A) Vinsanthe Shiancoe is still the starter B) OC Bill Musgrave is an idiot, and C) His blocking skills are still raw.

But Shiancoe is a free agent and will almost certainly not be re-signed by the Vikings, who have thin cap space with Peterson and Greenway's contracts. Plus, they invested a high pick in Rudolph and will want to justify it by giving him the start spot in 2012.

Musgrave might also be fired this offseason as I think HC Leslie Frasier will be given another year since Zygi Wilf is still paying Childress. So someone will have to be the scapegoat for the Vikes' dreadful season, and Musgrave could be the guy.

Third, Rudolph has acknowledged that his blocking needs to improve, so I foresee him improving on that in the offseason, which will mean he'll be on the field MUCH more in 2012.

Rudolph is also supremely talented. Remember, he was the top TE drafted in 2011. And he's reportedly Christian Ponder's best friend on the team, which might not sound that important, but it can't hurt. He's shown flashes his season, (see the TE catch against Denver last week).

2012, I seriously think he will be the breakout TE. 60+ 700 yards+ and near 10+ TDs is very possible.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Do Yourselves a Favor and Pick up Kyle Rudolph Now

Postby danes1212 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks for the summary :) I already picked him up in one dynasty league (with 2 TE starts) in November; and in my other league he was drafted during the rookie draft. I think he'll be a jem too.

It's got to be tough being a Vikings fan, and I sure feel bad for AP sometimes too; such a great player and person :)

Good luck.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Being a Vikings fan is very difficult.

More so in 1998 and 2009 though, when we arguably had the best teams in the NFL those years, only to choke in the NFCCG.

1998 especially (I was 12) with Moss and Carter, and the (then) best offense in NFL History, only to lose when Gary Anderson (who hadn't missed one single FG all season) decided to miss a FG which would have put us up 10 points with less than 5 minutes to go.

But yeah, regardless snatch up Rudolph if no one else has.

extrapointff.com

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 pm

ascherb wrote: 1998 especially (I was 12) with Moss and Carter, and the (then) best offense in NFL History, only to lose when Gary Anderson (who hadn't missed one single FG all season) decided to miss a FG which would have put us up 10 points with less than 5 minutes to go.
living in western Wisconsin, I've got plenty of Viking fans, and every time we talk about team fortunes and history, the 1998 season always comes up!

Anyway, Rudolph was drafted in all of my dynasty leagues' rookie drafts, and the owners, most of them Viking fans, have wisely held onto him.

I do agree, though, that he's looked impressive in the limited opportunities I've had to see him.

-oo-

kiddragonsoft
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Already picked him up. Traded away pettigrew and picked him up before he explodes. Which may happen this week......
QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
K: Y Koo, R Bullock
D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

twistedmetal
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby twistedmetal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 am

I only wish this guy wasn't drafted ahead of any of my draft spots this year. He should be a stud, just depends on who will throw to him.

Other leagues that still have him on the WW....please educate yourselves during the preseason. :)

(I'll eat those words if he's god awful) hahah

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Postby NJKV » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 am

He is going to be good. I am in a keeper league and just picked him up. I am out of the playoffs this year so trying to pick up guys who may explode onto the scene next year.

Warren
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

kiddragonsoft wrote:Already picked him up. Traded away pettigrew and picked him up before he explodes. Which may happen this week......
What did you get for Pettigrew? I saw your thread in the advice forum about possibly dropping Pettigrew for Rudolph. I just love those trades where you get some value for a player and then are able to pick up a player that you may like even more with the space you freed up. Those trades are huge from a dynasty perspective.
12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
    Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
      QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
        RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
          WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
            TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
              K-Metta World Tarsal.
                D-Texans.
                  2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                    Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.

kiddragonsoft
                    Pro Bowler
                    Pro Bowler

Postby kiddragonsoft » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:44 am

I got an early 3rd rounder prob 3.02. I know prob light for pettigrew, but i was willing to almost take anything. I basically got pettigrew early this season for a late 3rd rounder so i actually profitted. I would never start pettigrew over hernandez but rudolph has a higher ceiling i think. He has the talent to be top 5 te.
                    QB: C Wentz, D Lock, M Stafford (IR)
                    RB: N Chubb, D Henry, M Mack, M Boone
                    WR: Julio, A Cooper, AJ Brown, T Lockett, N Harry, TY Hilton
                    TE: J Cook, T Higbee, N Fant
                    K: Y Koo, R Bullock
                    D: Chiefs, Steelers

12 Teams Dynasty League, 19 Players Roster, Standard Scoring/Pass TD 3pts
                    Roster Restriction: Must carry at least 2 at each position, including defense.
                    Start 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

Warren
                    Pro Bowler
                    Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 am

kiddragonsoft wrote:I got an early 3rd rounder prob 3.02. I know prob light for pettigrew, but i was willing to almost take anything. I basically got pettigrew early this season for a late 3rd rounder so i actually profitted. I would never start pettigrew over hernandez but rudolph has a higher ceiling i think. He has the talent to be top 5 te.
                    Good trade. I look at it as if you got Rudolph and a high 3rd for Pettigrew. I just don't see Pettigrew as being anything more than a serviceable TE, whereas Rudolph does remind me of Gronk and should join the elite at the position in the next couple of years. He would be the perfect contingency plan for teams who currently have Gonzo, Witten or Gates as their starters.
                    12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
                      Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
                        QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
                          RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
                            WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
                              TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
                                K-Metta World Tarsal.
                                  D-Texans.
                                    2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                                      Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.

SpaderDude
                                      Captain
                                      Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:58 am

So, both Rudolph and Kendricks are available in my league, but FA are locked until the rookie/fa draft this summer.

Kendricks has had a decent amount of support from this forum. Have not heard a lot about Rudloph. Is it safe to say he is clearly better than Kendricks? Draft position suggests so, but like I said, I have not heard a whole lot about him.

Definitely will keep him in mind later since both Pettigrew and Davis have been disappointing. I don't have a 2012 1st round draft choice or my own 2nd rounder (sold both in a deal that gave me AJ Green). I did acquire a second round draft choice that will end up being towards the later part of the round, so these are the type of guys I might be looking at.
                                      Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
                                      Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
                                      Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
                                      Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
                                      Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
                                      Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
                                      Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

ascherb
                                      Starter
                                      Starter

Postby ascherb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:07 pm

SpaderDude wrote:So, both Rudolph and Kendricks are available in my league, but FA are locked until the rookie/fa draft this summer.

Kendricks has had a decent amount of support from this forum. Have not heard a lot about Rudloph. Is it safe to say he is clearly better than Kendricks? Draft position suggests so, but like I said, I have not heard a whole lot about him.

Definitely will keep him in mind later since both Pettigrew and Davis have been disappointing. I don't have a 2012 1st round draft choice or my own 2nd rounder (sold both in a deal that gave me AJ Green). I did acquire a second round draft choice that will end up being towards the later part of the round, so these are the type of guys I might be looking at.
                                      I would take Rudolph over Kendricks 10/10 times.

I do like Kendricks long term if the Rams get Bradford help on the O-line and just improve their offense in general, but like I said, Rudolph, in my opinion, has a chance to be elite.

One thing I have to give Zygi Wilf (the Vikings' owner) credit for is that when the Vikings have a glaring weakness heading into an offseason, he has ALWAYS been willing to throw money at the problem to remedy it.

I am certain that the Vikings will improve their O-line as well as their WR position, which will give Rudolph more opportunities to succeed. More redzone opportunities + a chance to be the full time starting TE = a HUGE uptick in production next year IMO.

And locally, all the beat writers here are of the opinion that this kid is a future stud who dominates practice and never drops a pass.

extrapointff.com

Mangelo
                                      Pro Bowler
                                      Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Rudolph has 1 thing kendricks doesn't - hands

meineymoe
                                      Charter Member
                                      Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Mangelo wrote:Rudolph has 1 thing kendricks doesn't - hands
                                      Kendricks might be the slowest open field runner I've ever seen who is considered an offensive threat. watching him earlier in the season, the Packer game, I saw him catch the ball pretty much in stride, and then it was painful to watch how slow he was as the defenders converged on him.

-oo-

tidewaterjc
                                      All Pro
                                      All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Right before trade deadline Week 11, traded Evan Moore and a late 2012 2.r for Rudolph - currently rolling with Hernandez as TE1.

In another league with small rosters, grabbed him off waivers week 9 as a stash a few weeks after I had traded away Witten for Murray/JNelson (prior to either breakout this year) and was a longshot to make playoffs.

Agree he has a high upside - Gronk upside might be a stretch, but top 5 is not out of the question.
                                      Twitter: @tidewaterjc
                                      Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
                                      http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/