General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Post NFL Draft.. Draft

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:44 pm
mild wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:32 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm Hmm, been finally digging into this draft class and Keon Coleman compares very favorably to Allen Robinson and Michael Thomas. Will be a steal where he's going. Also means this might be one of, if not the best WR class we've ever seen.
What are the favourable aspects you're seeing, DD? Genuinely curious.

About the only good things anyone has had to say about him thus far is that his playspeed -might- be higher than his timed speed, and that Josh Allen texted him to tell him "he was the guy he wanted".

Everything else tells a story of a guy who couldn't even seperate in College. :thumbdown:
Hmm, I have not watched any film on him yet, but just in terms of draft capital, size, athleticism, speed, and collegiate production (dominator, not raw production), he’s very similar and hits all key metrics when it comes to a player of his height. I think people forget ARob also ran a 4.6 at the combine, albeit at a higher weight. The 40 for Coleman is not ideal, but it does pass the threshold, and what pushes it to the back burner is his exceptional leaping ability.
Worth turning on some games from him. He's far and away from Robinson and Thomas in polish and technique.

I do think Coleman could be an interesting value though for where he's going.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:09 pm

About the only good things anyone has had to say about him thus far is that his playspeed -might- be higher than his timed speed, and that Josh Allen texted him to tell him "he was the guy he wanted".

Everything else tells a story of a guy who couldn't even seperate in College. :thumbdown:
Hmm, I have not watched any film on him yet, but just in terms of draft capital, size, athleticism, speed, and collegiate production (dominator, not raw production), he’s very similar and hits all key metrics when it comes to a player of his height. I think people forget ARob also ran a 4.6 at the combine, albeit at a higher weight. The 40 for Coleman is not ideal, but it does pass the threshold, and what pushes it to the back burner is his exceptional leaping ability.
Worth turning on some games from him. He's far and away from Robinson and Thomas in polish and technique.

I do think Coleman could be an interesting value though for where he's going.
Have you seen his interviews though? Dude is hilarious

And yeah, I’m not saying people should take Coleman early 1st or anything. But he’s a great bet in the early 2nd or something.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm Have you seen his interviews though? Dude is hilarious

And yeah, I’m not saying people should take Coleman early 1st or anything. But he’s a great bet in the early 2nd or something.
If we were drafting on interview vibes alone he'd be the runaway 1.01 of this class :lol:

His profile is a pretty wild ride though when you dig into it.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed May 01, 2024 12:07 am

Because Keon is a Bill, I want him to be terrible.
Because Keon is the greatest rookie to ever be interviewed, I want him to be Michael Thomas.

I'll have a shot at him in one league and will consider it if he's still around when I want him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 am

mild wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 pm Have you seen his interviews though? Dude is hilarious

If we were drafting on interview vibes alone he'd be the runaway 1.01 of this class :lol:

His profile is a pretty wild ride though when you dig into it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so true. the macy's bit. dude should think about doing stand up on the side. you know in 10 years he is going to look back and laugh at his young self. i hope he does well and will consider him if he is on teh board when i select
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:19 pm Hmm, been finally digging into this draft class and Keon Coleman compares very favorably to Allen Robinson and Michael Thomas. Will be a steal where he's going. Also means this might be one of, if not the best WR class we've ever seen.

You need to watch some film, I doubt these comps will still come to mind for you after
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed May 01, 2024 10:08 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 am

You need to watch some film, I doubt these comps will still come to mind for you after
murphy - you mean this in a negative or positive way? Assuming negative... just asking because it isn't immediately clear to me (and apologize if I'm the only one).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 am

Shcritters wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:08 am

murphy - you mean this in a negative or positive way? Assuming negative... just asking because it isn't immediately clear to me (and apologize if I'm the only one).
I am no expert or tape burner, but I just don't think his speed or technique are where they need to be as of today. Of course, that may be comparing him to this draft class which is admittedly pretty impressive.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 01, 2024 12:02 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 am

I am no expert or tape burner, but I just don't think his speed or technique are where they need to be as of today. Of course, that may be comparing him to this draft class which is admittedly pretty impressive.
I agree. Coleman sure doesn’t remind me of Thomas or Robinson when I’m watching his tape, not even remotely.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:02 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:46 am

I agree. Coleman sure doesn’t remind me of Thomas or Robinson when I’m watching his tape, not even remotely.
Agree, I don't see it, and watched a ton of FSU football. Coleman is huge, but his best attribute is YAC (based on film, would be interesting to see what the stats say). He was so good with the ball in space, FSU put him on Punt Return duty. Guys is a Big Slot. If he can play that role, and not get forced into an outside role, he'll thrive. With Samuel and Shakir already on the roster, I'm nervous he's going to get put in a bad position.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm Agree, I don't see it, and watched a ton of FSU football. Coleman is huge, but his best attribute is YAC (based on film, would be interesting to see what the stats say). He was so good with the ball in space, FSU put him on Punt Return duty. Guys is a Big Slot. If he can play that role, and not get forced into an outside role, he'll thrive. With Samuel and Shakir already on the roster, I'm nervous he's going to get put in a bad position.
You can basically bank on it. It's pretty likely - at least to me - that he's stuck in some amalgamation of the Gabe Davis / outside aligned Stefon Diggs role.

Allen will give him some shots every now and then, but as the only big guy in the WR room, I feel pretty sure he's going to be pinned to the outside.

Because why bring him in into the slot and give him the short range stuff when that's what you've got Samuel, Shakir, and Kincaid to do?

(Monster Kincaid season ahead, btw)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 01, 2024 1:25 pm

mild wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:16 pm
Menace2010 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm Agree, I don't see it, and watched a ton of FSU football. Coleman is huge, but his best attribute is YAC (based on film, would be interesting to see what the stats say). He was so good with the ball in space, FSU put him on Punt Return duty. Guys is a Big Slot. If he can play that role, and not get forced into an outside role, he'll thrive. With Samuel and Shakir already on the roster, I'm nervous he's going to get put in a bad position.
You can basically bank on it. It's pretty likely - at least to me - that he's stuck in some amalgamation of the Gabe Davis / outside aligned Stefon Diggs role.

Allen will give him some shots every now and then, but as the only big guy in the WR room, I feel pretty sure he's going to be pinned to the outside.

Because why bring him in into the slot and give him the short range stuff when that's what you've got Samuel, Shakir, and Kincaid to do?

I don't have anything to firmly support this, but every year there seems to be a WR who everyone is way too low on for some reason, gets drafted R2, everyone remains low on them and they end up being pretty good.

Rashee Rice was sort of that guy last year. Jayden Reed also could've fit. I remember when Tee Higgins was also that guy.

Is Coleman that guy? Or is he Mingo esque? I don't know. There are definitely some red flags with him, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he's one of those players we regret passing on. His flashes are very unique.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 01, 2024 3:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:25 pm
mild wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:16 pm

I don't have anything to firmly support this, but every year there seems to be a WR who everyone is way too low on for some reason, gets drafted R2, everyone remains low on them and they end up being pretty good.

Rashee Rice was sort of that guy last year. Jayden Reed also could've fit. I remember when Tee Higgins was also that guy.

Is Coleman that guy? Or is he Mingo esque? I don't know. There are definitely some red flags with him, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he's one of those players we regret passing on. His flashes are very unique.
I see a lot of similarity to Mingo in his game. I agree he needs to be run out of the slot but I think it’s slim to none that happens.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed May 01, 2024 9:02 pm

I have the 2.02 in a TE Prem SF league and hoping he’s there… so that I can trade that pick + for a 2025 1st.

I just don’t see it with Coleman.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds