Predictions for the Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 pm Really wish Reiman would have gone to a better spot. I had him him as a hidden gem and he ends up going in Rd 3 and now also has to fight for time with McBride.
I don't think McBride is losing time to anybody. He'll come off when he's out of breath.

Back to our other chat, I really wish Corum had gone somewhere else, too. It's tough to get excited about drafting a 24 year old back that has a guy on his roster that produced like Kyren did.

The LAC spot was just too good to be true.....sigh.
Reiman is going to surprise a lot of people I think. That said, AZ is going to be able to line up on the line 7 across and give teams fits between power running and not losing any in the pass game with 2 TEs who can catch and then MHJ and Smith outside of them. Then put Benson in that backfield with that power. This is going to be a potent offense.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 pm Where are the Kyren truthers?
Not a truther, but the Rams literally have 0 capable RBs behind Williams. I don't understand people saying they're drafting Corum to replace him. Doesn't seem to match reality

They needed RB depth and this was always a guarantee.
Agreed. Kyren had 260 touches in 12 games last season, literally 21 touches a game. Otherwise known as a 368 touch season over 17 games... except that he literally broke whilst attempting it. It was too much, and he's not built like that.

To me, Corum now sprinkles in on early downs whilst learning the playbook, and this solidifies Kyren as the 3rd down back at all times - as pass pro is his best skill, and we've already seen his receiving be perfectly adequate.

He's still the back to own, particularly in PPR formats, on one of the best offenses in the league. Corum is going to have to be really special to play him off the field to a 50/50 split, and the high value touches should still favour Kyren.

Corum now becomes a discounted lottery ticket. Massive if Kyren misses any time.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm
Not a truther, but the Rams literally have 0 capable RBs behind Williams. I don't understand people saying they're drafting Corum to replace him. Doesn't seem to match reality

Didn’t say he’s dead. No one should think that. 50/50 IMO
My guess is 70/30 to start. A 50/50 really ignores how ridiculously good Williams was last year and how much better he makes that offense. They want to keep Williams fresh, but they're not dropping his usage significantly off the bat.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 pm There’s a really great fit if this kid gets his head on right. Burton is a legit talent and could wreck Iosovis’ chances. Didn’t know Houshmansedah was working with him. Very intriguing hearing that.
Nah, let people take "Brandon Rice" instead.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

And now MarShawn Lloyd goes to GB to back up Josh Jacobs…
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

I’m not saying Corum puts Kyren on the bench. I am saying he’s good enough to earn meaningful carries and put a real chill on Williams. Williams owners should not be happy. They don’t have a RB1 anymore.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 pm Really wish Reiman would have gone to a better spot. I had him him as a hidden gem and he ends up going in Rd 3 and now also has to fight for time with McBride.
I don't think McBride is losing time to anybody. He'll come off when he's out of breath.

Back to our other chat, I really wish Corum had gone somewhere else, too. It's tough to get excited about drafting a 24 year old back that has a guy on his roster that produced like Kyren did.

The LAC spot was just too good to be true.....sigh.
Reiman is going to surprise a lot of people I think. That said, AZ is going to be able to line up on the line 7 across and give teams fits between power running and not losing any in the pass game with 2 TEs who can catch and then MHJ and Smith outside of them. Then put Benson in that backfield with that power. This is going to be a potent offense.
Yeah, but he's dead for FF. McBride is one of the better TE's in the league. Kid is a beast. It's a terrible spot, for FF. Good for real football. It's like Mayer having Bowers now. Great for the Raiders offense, not so great for MM owners.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:54 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm And now MarShawn Lloyd goes to GB to back up Josh Jacobs…
You mean back up AJ Dillon. Woof. He's a future play, have to hope next year.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm

Lloyd to GB is nice depth but I never saw Lloyd as anything more than part of a committee at best anyhow. Now he’s a handcuff. Don’t really understand the pick with Dillon and Emmanuel Wilson already there to backup Jacobs.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

I’m not saying Corum puts Kyren on the bench. I am saying he’s good enough to earn meaningful carries and put a real chill on Williams. Williams owners should not be happy. They don’t have a RB1 anymore.
I don't think anyone who owns Williams expected repeat usage. They have nobody behind him. What team has 1 RB and a landmine of unusable RBs? I disagree that Williams can't put up RB1 production anymore, but like every RB in this league they need another back to keep both fresh throughout a long season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

I don't think anyone who owns Williams expected repeat usage. They have nobody behind him. What team has 1 RB and a landmine of unusable RBs? I disagree that Williams can't put up RB1 production anymore, but like every RB in this league they need another back to keep both fresh throughout a long season.
Agreed.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm

BTW, Wheels up for Zamir White. No RB until day 3, IF at all. One they signed Mattison, this was always likely, but Zamir owners have to be happy.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm

I’m honestly shocked to see people here underestimating Corum so badly. He has NFL starting level talent and ability. He’s not just going to occasionally spell Williams. He’s going to earn meaningful snaps.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:06 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm I’m honestly shocked to see people here underestimating Corum so badly. He has NFL starting level talent and ability. He’s not just going to occasionally spell Williams. He’s going to earn meaningful snaps.
Maybe. It's possible. He's was doing what he did last year on the best team in the country as a 23 year old in college. Kyren was a 23 year old in the NFL being one of the best backs in the league, and making his offense significantly better, which his coach and teammates all acknowledged. Corum is still a rookie, who will have to learn the offense, where to go, pass pro, assignment etc etc etc.

I don't think it was likely that Kyren was a 30 touch back every game no matter what happened. I still think he's capable of RB1 numbers, if he's healthy.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm
mild wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm Not crazy about the Polk pick. Not sure he’ll get separation in the bigs and CBs will give as good as get with him.
Who would you have rathered for Maye, out of who was left?

Clearly there is smoke with AD Mitchell, I don't blame them not going for him.
I prefer Franklin to Polk.
The NFL is currently telling you that they very much do not.

#adjust