Picks for Cousins, New Approach

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Picks for Cousins, New Approach

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:17 am

12-man, 1 ppr, TEP league where we start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-superflex-flex-flex.
Superflex #2 in signature.
A guy has been trying to get Cousins.
Won't give up a first.

Would you give up Cousins for

2.03, 2.05, and 2.06?

I have picks 1.02, 1.06, 2.02, 2.04.

That would give me SIX PICKS in a row in the 2nd—

2.02, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05, 2.06.

I'd get some nice players, but would probably mean I'd tank another season.

Starters currently are—

Goff, Cousins
Bijan, Brian Robinson, Zamir
DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs
Ferguson

THOUGHTS?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Picks for Cousins, New Approach

Postby tstafford » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am

Seems like you want to move him and this is solid value. You'll just need to figure out QB and be patient because the other managers will know you are in a pinch.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:41 am

This one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You are upgrading your bench depth I guess. I just think Cousins is worthy of a 1st and am not a fan of adding lower pieces into a trade offer making it better.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:41 am

I'm holding Cousins. I just don't love the value you are getting here. Maybe the prudent move is to sell for a 2025 1st and 2nd instead of these random 2nds in 2024. In this format, QBs should hold better value than a few 2nds and you have plenty of picks and don't really needs middling picks in this build.

Your team is kind of middling but you have GREAT picks in 1.02 and 1.06 this year which will go a long way. MHJ plus a QB, Odunze or Bowers boosts this team to cusp of playoffs. You might not be the top of the league but you have a good core.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am Seems like you want to move him and this is solid value. You'll just need to figure out QB and be patient because the other managers will know you are in a pinch.
I just have a tendency to hold players too long. I like this draft class a lot and feel those picks would be a lot of fun. Then I have to decide if I take Daniels at 1.02 instead of Harrison. IDK if a QB will be there at 1.06.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:55 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:41 am This one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You are upgrading your bench depth I guess. I just think Cousins is worthy of a 1st and am not a fan of adding lower pieces into a trade offer making it better.
Yeah I've tried to get the 1.09 or the 1.11 and no luck from this guy. I worry that pretty soon he loses value, and won't get ONE second let alone three.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 am

Needalife wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:41 am I'm holding Cousins. I just don't love the value you are getting here. Maybe the prudent move is to sell for a 2025 1st and 2nd instead of these random 2nds in 2024. In this format, QBs should hold better value than a few 2nds and you have plenty of picks and don't really needs middling picks in this build.

Your team is kind of middling but you have GREAT picks in 1.02 and 1.06 this year which will go a long way. MHJ plus a QB, Odunze or Bowers boosts this team to cusp of playoffs. You might not be the top of the league but you have a good core.
Thanks, appreciate that. My original plan was hold Cousins, pray I get three more years out of him, and then try to get a QB with my pick NEXT year. I love Harrison at 1.02 (over Daniels) and in TEP really love Bowers at 1.06. BUT if Bowers went say, 1.05 I'd have to really decide if I want to take Odunze of JJM, the guys I think will be there. Not a lot of faith in JJM. If Maye somehow fell I think I'd have to risk it and take him over a Odunze, but I doubt that happens.

I tend to hold players too long, and then they aren't worth anything.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm

In a rebuild I'm fine with this. I have a feeling I may have 14-15 players with a first round grade this year. So even though you aren't getting a first rounder I think the 2.03 will be as valuable as one.

Also your team seems closer to the rebuild side than compete. You'd have to hope cousins recovers fine and someone else offers a 25 1st to get the first, and it would be a year away.

If you were a contending team I'd probably say no.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm In a rebuild I'm fine with this. I have a feeling I may have 14-15 players with a first round grade this year. So even though you aren't getting a first rounder I think the 2.03 will be as valuable as one.

Also your team seems closer to the rebuild side than compete. You'd have to hope cousins recovers fine and someone else offers a 25 1st to get the first, and it would be a year away.

Thanks. The nice thing about Superflex is that you don't HAVE to start two qbs. If say somebody like Harrison really is special, why not start a WR and only run out ONE QB? I would THINK a top PPR WR (or even TEP in this league) might be more valuable than starting two QBs.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:21 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm
abloom wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 pm In a rebuild I'm fine with this. I have a feeling I may have 14-15 players with a first round grade this year. So even though you aren't getting a first rounder I think the 2.03 will be as valuable as one.

Thanks. The nice thing about Superflex is that you don't HAVE to start two qbs. If say somebody like Harrison really is special, why not start a WR and only run out ONE QB? I would THINK a top PPR WR (or even TEP in this league) might be more valuable than starting two QBs.
Well the answer is PPG. In 4pt/TD, PPR - Baker, Wilson, Stafford, Howell outscored JJ on a PPG basis last year.

Stone2987
Starter
Starter

Postby Stone2987 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:26 pm

I think I like the value of the picks. I find it interesting the other manager prefers holding 1.11 to getting rid of 2.03, 2.05 AND 2.06. While we all like to think we’ll pick the right guy, you get a pick only 4 picks later, and then two more shots at it right after that. Unless you have really shallow rosters I’d prefer that as I don’t see a huge tier drop around there. And if you take MHJ at 1.02, assuming Caleb and Nabers definitely go, you’re guaranteed 2 of Maye, Daniels, Bowers and Odunze are available which seems like a nice situation. I’m hoping cousins can come back and produce but I would probably take this deal if it was available to me.
Team 1
10 team, sf, 0.5 ppr, te prem 1.0 ppr, idp
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 sf, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 1 idp flex
QB- Dak, Tua, Cousins, Minshew, Jimmy G
RB- CMC, Taylor, Achane, Zeke, Pierce, Mostert, Chandler, Ford
WR- Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Devonta, K Allen, Godwin, Lockett, Douglas, Z Jones
TE- LaPorta, Pitts
DL- Phillips, Burns, Buckner, Thibs
LB- Luvu, E.Jones, Warner Pace
DB- Hamilton, Metellus Hufanga, Bates, Branch
League started in 2020
2020 7th
2021 Champ
2022 Champ
2023 Champ
2024 picks 3.10 and 5.10

Team 2
12 team, SF, 0.5 ppr, 1.0 te prem, idp
Qb - Lamar, Kyler Jacoby
Rb - Achane, KWalk Foreman, Hill, Mattison, Rodriguez
Wr - Wilson, AJB, London, JSN Downs, Polk, R Wilson, Mims, Shaheed, Palmer, Slayton, N Brown, Tolbert, Douglas, Metchie
Te - Pitts, Goedert Bowers, Fant, Schoonmaker,
Dl - Gary, Greenard Latu, Mafe, Karlaftis, Bonitto, Tyree, Nwosu
Lb - Luvu, Milano, Wilson Jamin
Db - Hamilton, Brisker Byard, Curl
Picks: 3.09, 3.10, 3.12, 4.06, 5.06

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:34 pm

My guess is that this offer is not on the table and only a hypothetical. I’d be surprised if you can get those 3 picks for Cousins. I would take the picks easy if available.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 pm

tstafford wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:21 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:14 pm

Well the answer is PPG. In 4pt/TD, PPR - Baker, Wilson, Stafford, Howell outscored JJ on a PPG basis last year.
Ah, thanks. Dang.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 pm

Stone2987 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:26 pm I think I like the value of the picks. I find it interesting the other manager prefers holding 1.11 to getting rid of 2.03, 2.05 AND 2.06. While we all like to think we’ll pick the right guy, you get a pick only 4 picks later, and then two more shots at it right after that. Unless you have really shallow rosters I’d prefer that as I don’t see a huge tier drop around there. And if you take MHJ at 1.02, assuming Caleb and Nabers definitely go, you’re guaranteed 2 of Maye, Daniels, Bowers and Odunze are available which seems like a nice situation. I’m hoping cousins can come back and produce but I would probably take this deal if it was available to me.
Thanks. It's a deal I was considering offering.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:32 pm

I think 1.11 was a pretty fair deal. I’d give that for Cousins if I was a contender.

That said, everyone values differently. And if they shot down giving up 1.11 for him, I highly doubt they’ll give those three 2nds for him. I personally think that’s an even better deal for you than 1.11 would be.