Chase for 1.02 and Luke Musgrave

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Chase for 1.02 and Luke Musgrave

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 am

HippieJuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 am why wouldn't someone prefer Chase with Burrow over JJ with a bad QB? Is that odd? I don't think most experts would agree.

Penix and Nix are rated higher with Matt Waldman's scouting report, which is dependent on landing spots. But they are older, more experienced, more ready and have better existing metrics, and a lot of them to go by. QB's are a crap shoot anyway and if I am taking one I am fine to take a top position player who is more likely to hit and one late. I openly admit this goes against popular opinion, but don't care about that.

How about this. And I think this is all interesting as to early draft picks.

I was just offered 4 and 5 for 2 and 7. So Nabers and Bowers or Odenze and Maye/Daniels
I am as high on Chase as anybody and JJ has been a better pro. It doesn't matter who is throwing him the football. Most experts have JJ higher.

No offense, but blindly following one person's valuations is not a strategy I would recommend. Penix has a tremendous injury history and Bo Nix has been around so long he followed Jarrett Stidham as the starting QB at Auburn. Both have tools and limitations. QB's aren't a crap shoot, QB's like Nix and Penix that are drafted as the 4th or 5th QB off the board are a crapshoot.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 am
HippieJuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:03 am why wouldn't someone prefer Chase with Burrow over JJ with a bad QB? Is that odd? I don't think most experts would agree.

Penix and Nix are rated higher with Matt Waldman's scouting report, which is dependent on landing spots. But they are older, more experienced, more ready and have better existing metrics, and a lot of them to go by. QB's are a crap shoot anyway and if I am taking one I am fine to take a top position player who is more likely to hit and one late. I openly admit this goes against popular opinion, but don't care about that.

I was just offered 4 and 5 for 2 and 7. So Nabers and Bowers or Odenze and Maye/Daniels
I am as high on Chase as anybody and JJ has been a better pro. It doesn't matter who is throwing him the football. Most experts have JJ higher.

No offense, but blindly following one person's valuations is not a strategy I would recommend. Penix has a tremendous injury history and Bo Nix has been around so long he followed Jarrett Stidham as the starting QB at Auburn. Both have tools and limitations. QB's aren't a crap shoot, QB's like Nix and Penix that are drafted as the 4th or 5th QB off the board are a crapshoot.
To add to this, while I like Waldman for skill positions, I’d absolutely take his qb evals with a grain of salt. Last year even post draft he ranked (where he’d draft them in dynasty) multiple 5th-7th rounders over Levis, which is simply insane just on opportunity and market value alone, even if you think levis sucks.
Use his evaluations but definitely don’t apply his rankings without factoring in adp. He has some good evals but clearly also goes for flare sometimes so he can advertise when things hit.

As stated above I’d recommend finding at least one more source you like (preferably 2 more) and mesh their rankings a bit and of course use adp to make sure you’re not reaching where you don’t have to for the guys you End up liking a lot.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:28 am

Highly inadvisable to make this trade to sell Chase

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 am

Chase
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

HippieJuice
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby HippieJuice » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:23 am

To add to this, while I like Waldman for skill positions, I’d absolutely take his qb evals with a grain of salt. Last year even post draft he ranked (where he’d draft them in dynasty) multiple 5th-7th rounders over Levis, which is simply insane just on opportunity and market value alone, even if you think levis sucks.
Use his evaluations but definitely don’t apply his rankings without factoring in adp. He has some good evals but clearly also goes for flare sometimes so he can advertise when things hit.

As stated above I’d recommend finding at least one more source you like (preferably 2 more) and mesh their rankings a bit and of course use adp to make sure you’re not reaching where you don’t have to for the guys you End up liking a lot.
Yes, I use other sources and I don’t use Waldman as gospel. But he probably does the most in depth player evals and he states repeatedly he hates rankings and they are team/draft dependent for a fit.

Dane Bruglet basically bleep all over Waldmans take on Maye.

Part of it for me is where I am can get them. Maye at 2 or Penix at 13. What if Penix goes to the Raiders? I’ll take my chances. Say what they want but Maye isn’t a sure thing.
12 Team SF, TEP / START 10 QB.RB.RB.WR.WR.TE.F.F.F.S
QB, Cousins, D Jones, JField, JStidham, Rush, Bagent
RB, Barkley, JTaylor, RStevenson, JKDobbins, KHunt, PStrong, JeffWilson
WR, Kupp, CKirk, CSutton, JReed, Mooney, JamesonW, RMoore
TE, JFerg, LMusgrave, TKraft
5 spot taxi is empty (can hold for 2 years)
2024 1.02 1.07 2.01 2.05 2.08 3.10 4.10 5.03 5.04 5.10
2025 2- 2nds. 3- 3rds, 2-4ths, 1-5th
2026 1,2,3,4,5

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am

HippieJuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm
Part of it for me is where I am can get them. Maye at 2 or Penix at 13. What if Penix goes to the Raiders? I’ll take my chances. Say what they want but Maye isn’t a sure thing.
nobody in this draft or any draft is a sure thing. Penix may be a better value, but to rank him higher than Maye is a completely different conversation and is crazy talk to me.

HippieJuice
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby HippieJuice » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am

Have you looked at Waldman’s in depth player charting of Maye and his major problem with inaccuracy? Will a team that drafts him spend a couple years developing him or will they throw him to the wolves because the owner wants to see immediate benefit for his money?

Or maybe that will work. Maybe he is the type of player that can learn under the gun. So how do you judge and predict that outcome?

I assume we are all aware of the QB fail rate.

Do you want Bryce Young or Will Levis considering the draft area? But outside of that Penix is more accurate and a better arm. He is a better pocket passer. I watched him smoke the combine. We will see what the NFL sees next week.
2026 1,2,3,4,5

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am

HippieJuice wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 am Have you looked at Waldman’s in depth player charting of Maye and his major problem with inaccuracy? Will a team that drafts him spend a couple years developing him or will they throw him to the wolves because the owner wants to see immediate benefit for his money?

Or maybe that will work. Maybe he is the type of player that can learn under the gun. So how do you judge and predict that outcome?

I assume we are all aware of the QB fail rate.

Do you want Bryce Young or Will Levis considering the draft area? But outside of that Penix is more accurate and a better arm. He is a better pocket passer. I watched him smoke the combine. We will see what the NFL sees next week.
If only he'd stayed in college 2 more years... it is usually a good sign that a player is truly elite when puts it all together in year 5 as a fifth year senior.

I love the process, we got to stay far, far away from all those early declares!

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 am

Menace2010 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am
If only he'd stayed in college 2 more years... it is usually a good sign that a player is truly elite when puts it all together in year 5 as a fifth year senior.

I love the process, we got to stay far, far away from all those early declares!
With two WR's that will likely be among the first 15 picks.... I find it hard to not see the inherit bust risk in Daniels based on his long path to success. Maye is raw, but he is so much younger and has shown the ability much earlier.

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

Chase.
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

NathanielWegman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NathanielWegman » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 am

I would take MHJ at 2 and Bowers or QB4 at 7. Or if you’re higher on Nabers take him at 2. I actually think Odunze is a drop off from the top 2 WRs and don’t see a significant gap in QB2-4

HippieJuice
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby HippieJuice » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:42 am

NathanielWegman wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 am

I would take MHJ at 2 and Bowers or QB4 at 7. Or if you’re higher on Nabers take him at 2. I actually think Odunze is a drop off from the top 2 WRs and don’t see a significant gap in QB2-4
I have all 3 WR's in the same tier so it will probably be landing spot for me. It's tough because I really do need to get a QB but I am not in love with an of them, outside of Caleb obviously. I don't want to miss so I am happy to take two of the top position players. They are so much more likely to hit. I had an offer to trade the 2 and 7 for the 4 and 5 which would have given me Odunze and a top QB but I passed.

I keep exploring trade options. The villain offered Chase and backed out, for now anyway.
2026 1,2,3,4,5