2024 GEDL Early Rookie Draft Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: 2024 GEDL Early Rookie Draft Official Thread

Postby mild » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:08 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:56 am I like the CW pick. Early for a QB in 1QB maybe but he's the only player in this draft who's landing spot we already "know". That de-risks the pick. Totally the opposite of the Trey Benson pick that could look brilliant or terrible in a month.
Yeah, never a great thing to read "needed the top RB on my board because that's my teams weakness"

You would have hoped he'd try get a trade-down then... Benson over some of the (ostensible) 1st round DC WR's is a tough one to swallow

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:13 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:56 am I like the CW pick. Early for a QB in 1QB maybe but he's the only player in this draft who's landing spot we already "know". That de-risks the pick. Totally the opposite of the Trey Benson pick that could look brilliant or terrible in a month.
I have Benson in the same tier as a bunch of WRs still available on my board. I'm deep at WR and my only need is RB where I only had one. It's also very difficult to trade for RBs in this league so I turned to the draft for a legit shot at my RB 2 instead of my WR 6/7.

As for Williams he went right where the DLF 1 QB March Rookie ADP has him going. 1.07

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:15 am

mild wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:08 am
Yeah, never a great thing to read "needed the top RB on my board because that's my teams weakness"

You would have hoped he'd try get a trade-down then... Benson over some of the (ostensible) 1st round DC WR's is a tough one to swallow
Spent the better part of 2 months trying to trade down, including all of draft day. I have Benson in the same tier as the other WRs that will be soon off the board. His ADP ids currently 10, I took him at 8. I can live with that rather than drafting what would be my WR6/7

oh and the actual quote is:

"A bit of a reach here. I like some WRs and a few RBs around this area and chose to take the Top RB on my board. Which is also my team's biggest need."

When all things are equal between positions in a tier I go with need
Last edited by MARKinMI on Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:18 am

MARKinMI wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:13 am
I have Benson in the same tier as a bunch of WRs still available on my board. I'm deep at WR and my only need is RB where I only had one. It's also very difficult to trade for RBs in this league so I turned to the draft for a legit shot at my RB 2 instead of my WR 6/7.

As for Williams he went right where the DLF 1 QB March Rookie ADP has him going. 1.07
Interesting that CW went at the same spot as ADP. I wonder if that ADP drops a bit after we see landing spots - I bet it does. Once WRs and RBs land, CW will get pushed down. If, for instance, Benson goes to DAL he's going to vault up boards and for sure be picked before CW.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:13 am

MARKinMI wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:15 am

I Spent the better part of 2 months trying to trade down, including all of draft day. I have Benson in the same tier as the other WRs that will soon be off the board. His ADP is currently 10, I took him at 8. I can live with that rather than drafting what would be my WR6/7

"A bit of a reach here. I like some WRs and a few RBs around this area and chose to take the Top RB on my board. Which is also my team's biggest need."

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:16 am

MARKinMI wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:13 am

I Spent the better part of 2 months trying to trade down, including all of draft day. I have Benson in the same tier as the other WRs that will soon be off the board. His ADP is currently 10, I took him at 8. I can live with that rather than drafting what would be my WR6/7

That, I agree with.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:33 am

Like that CW pick for the Red Vikings… position of need for them, didn’t have to reach, and the best player at that position fell to them.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 2.01, 2.05, 3.01, 3.04
2025: 3 1sts, 1 2nd

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:39 am

Still sad about the JJ trade. It left a cloud

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:14 am

Shcritters wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:34 pm For what it’s worth KTC has it even but slightly favoring the Picks side
Glad I don’t use that site for anything then.

DLF says that the pick side needs to increase its value by 14% and suggests adding pick 1.11 or 1.12. Still seems a bit light to me but at least we’re getting into a realistic neighborhood.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 am

Brutal trade , slow draft . Bad look overall for this league

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:23 pm

Spent the better part of 2 months trying to trade down, including all of draft day. I have Benson in the same tier as the other WRs that will be soon off the board. His ADP ids currently 10, I took him at 8. I can live with that rather than drafting what would be my WR6/7

Makes sense to me, plus next pick was rb also, so definitely not absurd to go Trey the pick before

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm

Not crazy about the Worthy and Brooks picks so far, but that’s personal opinion because I’m lower on both than the consensus.

Thought the Williams pick was too early, but again I’m seeing potential issues with him that apparently many do not agree with.

Thought the Benson pick was a good one at that spot. He’s got a 3 down skill set and this RB class isn’t the disaster that quite a few are predicting.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:19 pm

I love the name icepicks.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:59 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:14 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:52 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:43 pm

Huh?
With the hope that someday 1.4 becomes half as good as JJ, and the 1.5 nearly as good as rookie phenom Jordan Addison.
One of the few trades that should be vetoed.
Can’t wait to see how this one ages :drool:

Everyone has starry eyes and celebrity worship over JJ but aren’t looking at total roster makeup. My projection is that was a good trade for both.

A. Richardson long term potential huge upgrade over D. Carr , Bowers isn’t a for sure thing but could be an elite TE and upgrade over L. Musgrave (who I like too but has injury riddled last cpl seasons) at the very least you have depth starters @ weak position. Nabers was already added in draft in hopes of mitigating loss of JJ so B. Thomas has to replace Addison. Pretty good roster turnover for long term gain.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:16 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:59 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:14 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:52 pm

With the hope that someday 1.4 becomes half as good as JJ, and the 1.5 nearly as good as rookie phenom Jordan Addison.
One of the few trades that should be vetoed.
Can’t wait to see how this one ages :drool:

Everyone has starry eyes and celebrity worship over JJ but aren’t looking at total roster makeup. My projection is that was a good trade for both.

A. Richardson long term potential huge upgrade over D. Carr , Bowers isn’t a for sure thing but could be an elite TE and upgrade over L. Musgrave (who I like too but has injury riddled last cpl seasons) at the very least you have depth starters @ weak position. Nabers was already added in draft in hopes of mitigating loss of JJ so B. Thomas has to replace Addison. Pretty good roster turnover for long term gain.
Nabers Nabers
Addison. Brock
Jefferson. Thomas
Musgrave Richardson

This isn’t close for me really for me. I should mention I’m not super high on Thomas and Richardson has never been able to stay healthy , college included so that’s a big if .