Top dogs available in my cap league

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Top dogs available in my cap league

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 am

Team for 2024 is as follows:

QB- Cousins, $2
RB- Gibbs, $30
RB- James Cook, $7
WR- Justin Jefferson, $70
WR- Jamar Chase, $65
TE- Kittle, $13
Flex- AJ Brown, $30
Flex- Achane- $4
Flex- 1.02 or Free agent, $13 or FA
Bench
1.03 $13
Charbonet, $4
Trey McBride, #2
2.02, $5
2.10, $5
3.10, $3
4.10, $2

The new salary cap would be $346, but we can roll over up to $50 of unspent money from the prior year which I'll be able to do after moving on from Davante Adams before the league rollover, I'll have $65 available to bid with but that'll turn into $115 with the roll over

A flurry of tags happened tho and the guys above flex available are slim. Which guys should I target?

QBs- CJ Stroud (if owner doesn't tag him, he's got mahomes tho) Love and Purdy
RBs- ETN is the best available by far, then it's Derrick Henry and Rachaad White then more fall off until Aaron Jones/Swift/Ekeler
WRs- One of Deebo or Nico Collins will be available, other probably getting tagged. Dk Metcalf and Aiyuk and DeVonta Smith and Tee Higgins fill out the worthwhile gyus
TEs- Kelce is available and Engram and Njoku

I feel with the supply (almost everyone has $50 to rollover) and the limited pool there's going to be some crazy prices on the higher guys. With the way the original draft was last year, that was why I went heavy of the uber studs like JJ/Chase and AJB figuring after this first dispersal draft their prices would look normal to cheap.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Top dogs available in my cap league

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 am

Couple thing here:
1) are lots of teams going to have a lot of money to play with like you?
2) is keeping adams for $65 an option? I know that sounds like a crazy number but based on the limited available players and if everyone has money to blow, those guys prices should be way more than $65.
3) can you buy guys for just 1 year? If so, and again under the assumption everyone has money to blow, I’d try and get the first good player nominated. People might be hesitant to spend a crazy amount not realizing the adjusted price point on these guys is very high. Once a few go bidding wars will follow once everyone realizes there is more money than available talent.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:39 am

Mtt33 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 am Couple thing here:
2) is keeping adams for $65 an option? I know that sounds like a crazy number but based on the limited available players and if everyone has money to blow, those guys prices should be way more than $65.
3) can you buy guys for just 1 year? If so, and again under the assumption everyone has money to blow, I’d try and get the first good player nominated. People might be hesitant to spend a crazy amount not realizing the adjusted price point on these guys is very high. Once a few go bidding wars will follow once everyone realizes there is more money than available talent.
1) Yeah, I believe so. Judging from dispersal and chat comments tho I'm the only one actually making it rain and not sitting on a wad of cash into the season "just in case" tho
2) I already traded Adams before delving into who all was available in free agency as much as I should have. Also at the time, like 6 more top guys were available that have since been tagged (average of top 5 salaries at their position). So this with JT and Puka and others like that available looked pretty different. Got regret on that one, even tho I was the one initially shopping him and took forever to find a buyer.
3) yep. Anyone in the free agency gets bidden on and wining bid gets the guy, and then after that they can be given a 1,2, or 3 year contract, with 1 4 or 5 year that can be given each year. So a guy like keenan Allen can be grabbed for just one year. The thing with this league tho is that the contracts go up 10% each year, but the cap ALSO goes up 10% each year.

Gives it an NFL feel how a record breaking deal 3 years later just looks like market rate.
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:39 am
Mtt33 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:34 am Couple thing here:
1) Yeah, I believe so. Judging from dispersal and chat comments tho I'm the only one actually making it rain and not sitting on a wad of cash into the season "just in case" tho
2) I already traded Adams before delving into who all was available in free agency as much as I should have. Also at the time, like 6 more top guys were available that have since been tagged (average of top 5 salaries at their position). So this with JT and Puka and others like that available looked pretty different. Got regret on that one, even tho I was the one initially shopping him and took forever to find a buyer.
3) yep. Anyone in the free agency gets bidden on and wining bid gets the guy, and then after that they can be given a 1,2, or 3 year contract, with 1 4 or 5 year that can be given each year. So a guy like keenan Allen can be grabbed for just one year. The thing with this league tho is that the contracts go up 10% each year, but the cap ALSO goes up 10% each year.

Gives it an NFL feel how a record breaking deal 3 years later just looks like market rate.
Ah ok so the keeping cash definitely brings an interesting element. In that case I’d try and grab a few guys without targeting anyone specific. Definitely want one of the qbs, stroud probably will go too pricy on name value, then I’d want to grab 2 of the good rbs/WRs, likely on short term deals. You have plenty of youth and talent I assume are on long term deals + 2 early picks, I’d grab older guys on short term deals unless you get them cheaper than expected.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 am

^cheers. thanks

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5