Should I trade for Waddle?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Should I trade for Waddle?

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:39 am

12 Team 1QB PPR

Team put Waddle OTB. I offered them Hollywood Brown and 1.11 and 26 1st and it was rejected. I have a decent stable of young WR’s and second guessing whether I should be even making a trade for Waddle considering he rejected what I offered. Tell me what you guys think? Here are my WRs

Aiyuk
Higgins
Metcalf
Tank Dell
Hollywood Brown
Ridley
Keenan Allen

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Should I trade for Waddle?

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:03 pm

That was a reasonable offer IMO. If he passed on that I would probably just hold. Hollywood was the guy that it made the most sense to add to. If you move any further up that ladder you'd move into a range where adding significant pieces would feel redundant, like you're basically adding to move within the same tier

I'd pivot and focus my efforts on going after an elite guy. You've got a nice stable but I'd explore which of those pieces you can mix & match to get yourself into the ARSB range
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1.08, 3.05

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: 4.01

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4.08, 4.12, 5.12

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:16 pm

Cantbuyabucket wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:39 am 12 Team 1QB PPR

Team put Waddle OTB. I offered them Hollywood Brown and 1.11 and 26 1st and it was rejected. I have a decent stable of young WR’s and second guessing whether I should be even making a trade for Waddle considering he rejected what I offered. Tell me what you guys think? Here are my WRs

Aiyuk
Higgins
Metcalf
Tank Dell
Hollywood Brown
Ridley
Keenan Allen
As far as first offers go...that was pretty decent. Was there a counter? Any comments?

Looking at your stable of WRs...if we had crystal balls you'd probably roll out 3-4 high scoring studs every week! Lacking such a thing, it will be tough to predict who to start.

Yeah as Prison Mike said, Waddle would be another guy in that same tier...ish. Trying for ARSB is great advice.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Viking386
Starter
Starter

Postby Viking386 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:36 pm

Just echoing everybody else here. I would sit tight or try to aim for an Olave, Wilson, AJB instead.
Main Home League
12 Team 1 QB PPR
-Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 Flex

QB: Anthony Richardson
RB: Nobody worth typing
WR: ARSB, Olave, Nico Collins, Tyquan Thornton, Marvin Mims, Tre Tucker, Bell, Austin,
TE: McBride and Dulcich

Draft Picks
-1.01, 1.07, 2 24 3rds and 4 24 4ths.
-4 25 1sts, 3 25 3rds and 3 25 4ths
-3 26 1sts, 2 26 2nds, 1 26 3rd, and1 26 4th

2022 Champions in full rebuild. Looking to contend again in 2025.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm

the reason it was rejected is because you are a very win now team, the picks are late, and you are offering a dude that hasnt been relevant since his hot start to 2022 and is your 5th or 6th best wr.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:03 pm That was a reasonable offer IMO. If he passed on that I would probably just hold. Hollywood was the guy that it made the most sense to add to. If you move any further up that ladder you'd move into a range where adding significant pieces would feel redundant, like you're basically adding to move within the same tier

I'd pivot and focus my efforts on going after an elite guy. You've got a nice stable but I'd explore which of those pieces you can mix & match to get yourself into the ARSB range
He did and it was Higgins ++++. To your point if I’m going include some of my better WRs then I’d be better of going after a whale.

Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:41 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm the reason it was rejected is because you are a very win now team, the picks are late, and you are offering a dude that hasnt been relevant since his hot start to 2022 and is your 5th or 6th best wr.
Wow! It seems like Hollywood Brown might have burned you in the past. Andy Reed has already said that he plans to reduce Kelces touches to make sure he is available for the post season. There are those that believe that Brown can thrive in KC, but none will know until the season starts. Brown would make the most sense in a deal for Waddle because using some of the other players wouldn’t be a huge upgrade from them. Brown is still 26 years old in a high octane offense and a dynamic QB. I figured that Brown is the same age as Waddle and 2 1st round picks was a fair offer. But that is the thing with trades, it requires communication from both sides in order to find a deal that both sides feel happy with. This particular owner isn’t communicating very much with me other than that 1 counter offer. I appreciate everyone’s feedback and agree that my efforts would be better spent on trying to go after an Elite WR. Cheers!

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:41 pm

Hold.

I’d have accepted the deal if I were them!

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm the reason it was rejected is because you are a very win now team, the picks are late, and you are offering a dude that hasnt been relevant since his hot start to 2022 and is your 5th or 6th best wr.

Agreed, not sure why other folks think two late 1sts and a 700yd/yr receiver equals Waddle. :lol:
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:51 am

Black Adam wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 pm

Agreed, not sure why other folks think two late 1sts and a 700yd/yr receiver equals Waddle. :lol:

I’m assuming everyone here has been playing dynasty for a bit. And in this assumption I’m also assuming that some of you have made trades in that past. Most if not all trades start somewhere and finish somewhere the original offer or vastly different. Would you also agree that making a trade means negotiating? The team manager in this case isn’t communicating regarding a player he put OTB for trade. If you read my original post my question was if I should continue to pursue trading for Waddle given my current stable of WRs. I didn’t ask if you all thought if what I was good offer, because trades can be subjective and different team managers can perceive player and pick values differently. It’s OK to think that my offer wasn’t fair, but it seems you and BigBawse are just posting on how “bad” the trade offer was instead answering the original purpose of the post which was to continue to pursue or stay put. Instead you’d rather troll than provide actual insight like some of the few people that replied did. But appreciate everyones feedback either way. Cheers!

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:06 am

Cantbuyabucket wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:51 am

I’m assuming everyone here has been playing dynasty for a bit. And in this assumption I’m also assuming that some of you have made trades in that past. Most if not all trades start somewhere and finish somewhere the original offer or vastly different. Would you also agree that making a trade means negotiating? The team manager in this case isn’t communicating regarding a player he put OTB for trade. If you read my original post my question was if I should continue to pursue trading for Waddle given my current stable of WRs. I didn’t ask if you all thought if what I was good offer, because trades can be subjective and different team managers can perceive player and pick values differently. It’s OK to think that my offer wasn’t fair, but it seems you and BigBawse are just posting on how “bad” the trade offer was instead answering the original purpose of the post which was to continue to pursue or stay put. Instead you’d rather troll than provide actual insight like some of the few people that replied did. But appreciate everyones feedback either way. Cheers!
Imposssible to assess outside of a vacuum since you didn't/were too lazy to post your entire team.

Perhaps you don't have enough WR capital to make that trade but you have RBs or picks or whatever.

Based on the limited information you did provide, no, you should not continue to pursue a Waddle trade as your team lacks depth and you can't afford it.

But do what you will with your team, of course.

-- Fred.
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:22 pm

"Should you pursue the trade?"

Yes, if you want to make a better offer. The other guy might not have responded because he feels the gap is too large and because he is not "into" dragged out negotiations.

Some people like to see a good offer off the start. Or at least an offer that is close enough to the value they're seeking, that only one tweak is made. When they receive an offer they consider weak, they reject with no comment.

Other people are really into trades that start very low, go through a 6-step back-and-forth negotiation, and end up with a trade that fundamentally changes the original assets in play. When they receive a first offer they consider weak, they get happy that "oooohhhh, the game is afoot!!!"

You gotta know your trade partners. If you're working with a non-negotiator, realize that and offer him your best offer right away. If you choose not to because you feel "it's foolish to leave points on the board when I could have scraped off some value", then you have to understand you're making the choice not to approach this trade in a manner that might help you make the trade. It's not always the other guy's fault why a trade doesn't happen.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:57 pm

Aiyuk
Higgins
Metcalf
Tank Dell
Hollywood Brown
Ridley
Keenan Allen
Then Waddle… who are your weekly top 4?

Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:12 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:22 pm

"Should you pursue the trade?"

Yes, if you want to make a better offer. The other guy might not have responded because he feels the gap is too large and because he is not "into" dragged out negotiations.

Some people like to see a good offer off the start. Or at least an offer that is close enough to the value they're seeking, that only one tweak is made. When they receive an offer they consider weak, they reject with no comment.

Other people are really into trades that start very low, go through a 6-step back-and-forth negotiation, and end up with a trade that fundamentally changes the original assets in play. When they receive a first offer they consider weak, they get happy that "oooohhhh, the game is afoot!!!"

You gotta know your trade partners. If you're working with a non-negotiator, realize that and offer him your best offer right away. If you choose not to because you feel "it's foolish to leave points on the board when I could have scraped off some value", then you have to understand you're making the choice not to approach this trade in a manner that might help you make the trade. It's not always the other guy's fault why a trade doesn't happen.
You make many valid points. This is a new team manager so I’m still trying to get a feel for them. You are 100% correct. Some managers like to go back and forth into specifics of what they want and others simply just don’t want to deal with the back and forth. Unfortunately I may not have enough to acquire Waddle from this manager and that is totally fine. I was just wondering if people thought I should just stay put or push harder on a trade given the WRs I have already in my roster. And I’m going to stay put for the time being as some of the members suggested. Appreciate the feedback.

Cantbuyabucket
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cantbuyabucket » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:15 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:57 pm Aiyuk
Higgins
Metcalf
Tank Dell
Hollywood Brown
Ridley
Keenan Allen
Then Waddle… who are your weekly top 4?
That’s what I was debating. It’s great to have depth but to your point I’m going to have a tough time figuring out who to start week in and week out. That’s why I reached out to the community to see if they were thinking what I was. Thanks everyone.