Xavier Legette is your 1.1 now!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Xavier Legette is your 1.1 now!

Postby JTLoh » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 am

Don't love the landing spot but I don't hate it either. I think Young sucks and he is a bust.
But at least Legette will get an early opportunity to prove himself.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am

JTLoh wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 am Don't love the landing spot but I don't hate it either. I think Young sucks and he is a bust.
Let’s see what he can do when his best playmaker isn’t 32 year-old Adam Thielen before we completely cover his grave in dirt.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 am

I initially did not want to, but looked into him further and took him at 2.7 in my draft. Far away from the 1.1 (in jest ofc) and I have seen a couple early drafts with him in this range. That feels like a justified gamble on a 1st round WR. Watch his press conference as it's basically 2nd to Keon's all timer. Legette sounds like the cajun guy from Waterboy. Happy, humble, and almost shy... which is far away from what he seems on the field.

https://youtu.be/DX9NsG6X9rc?si=tRtMQHABnij-NOz6&t=3

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am
JTLoh wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:39 am Don't love the landing spot but I don't hate it either. I think Young sucks and he is a bust.
Let’s see what he can do when his best playmaker isn’t 32 year-old Adam Thielen before we completely cover his grave in dirt.
This. I've bought Young in a few places this off season where his value has fallen drastically. That panther team last year was a train wreck. They brought in quite a bit of offensive talent in their WR1 Diontae, WR2 Legette, RB Brooks, and TE Sanders. That's an upgrade at just about every offensive skill position. It's pretty clear they are focused on giving him some weapons. I'm not writing him off yet.

I'm interested in Legette where he is going in drafts.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am Let’s see what he can do when his best playmaker isn’t 32 year-old Adam Thielen before we completely cover his grave in dirt.
100% hoping I am WRONG about Young. Have alot of Mingo and now alot of Legette.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 am

Good:
+ Got 1st round pedigree and a trade up

Bad:
- Came from the team that drafted Mingo six spots after a year ago

Half kidding with the last one.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:05 am Good:

Bad:
- Came from the team that drafted
Mingo six spots after a year ago
Bryce Young over Stroud, and traded a boatload to do it, including the pick that turned into Caleb.

They also turned down a haul for Burns, then took significantly less a short time later to move him.

The Panthers have terrible ownership.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am

Bad:
Bryce Young over Stroud, and traded a boatload to do it, including the pick that turned into Caleb.

They also turned down a haul for Burns, then took significantly less a short time later to move him.

PURE CAP !!!

Speaking of Cap ... Let me take yours off 🤠

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu May 02, 2024 4:25 pm

Bad:

And none of those people are in the building any longer.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 11:16 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:25 pm

Bad:

And none of those people are in the building any longer.
Yeah, but the owner is pulling the strings. Young was his guy. They won't have a good front office as long as they have this owner. The Panthers are going to be bad for a long time.

Trading UP for a WR with this profile, and trading UP for a RB, blowing draft capital they sorely need, just shows they are still a badly managed team.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 03, 2024 2:53 am

Bad:

Water is wet. Fire burns. Tepper is a stupid owner. Dan Morgan is in over his head as GM.

Carolina fired their Director of Scouting and Asst Director of Scouting ... days after the 2024 draft! If they did not think those guys are good enough, why not fire them weeks/months before the draft? What did Carolina do? Employ a shadow scouting department, that no one knew about? Or did they use information gathered by two guys they think are incompetent?

I don't know how this story ends, but I think Tepper ends up being Scar - the short-sighted guy with terrible judgment who wanted to rule it all, got the job, and turned his kingdom into a wasteland of pestilence.

Tepper is the anti-Midas when it comes to football. Everything that he touches turns to turd.

Let's not forget the Panthers gave up 65 sacks last year. Let's also remember they did not draft one offensive lineman the entire draft. It doesn't take a crystal ball to envision how much time Young is going to have in the backfield. Answer: Less than almost every other QB. Answer again: Not enough. That pressure played a huge role in Young having a QBR of 33 last year. Carolina somewhat addressed this by signing OG during free agency, but did nothing to improve at the important Tackle positions.

Leggett was intriguing before the draft, and he has some talent. As of now, he's pretty much off my list. Diontae is a target hog. Thielen is so proven and steady, he can't help but command a certain target percentage from a young QB desperate for a good hands guy who gets open on a regular basis.

That leaves Leggett filling the third receiver role on a mediocre passing team. That's about 40-50 receptions his rookie season, if he's lucky. I'll draft him in the right spot, but I'm not taking him anywhere near his ADP.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 03, 2024 6:09 am

Bad:

The Ownership and management group are certainly suspect. The biggest issue by far is horrid O line play. Buying any Panther short term is a bad move until this group learns that winning is almost impossible with out very good trench players on both sides of the ball.

They continue to stupidly address skill positions with one of the worst lines in the league. This past draft was loaded with O-line players like we haven't seen in years and they drafted none.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:09 am

Bad:

The Ownership and management group are certainly suspect. The biggest issue by far is horrid O line play. Buying any Panther short term is a bad move until this group learns that winning is almost impossible with out very good trench players on both sides of the ball.

They continue to stupidly address skill positions with one of the worst lines in the league. This past draft was loaded with O-line players like we haven't seen in years and they drafted none.
They spent a good amount in FA to improve the line. I'm not saying they are suddenly the best OL in the league, but at least they think they got it handled prior to the draft.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 am

Lumps wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 am

They spent a good amount in FA to improve the line. I'm not saying they are suddenly the best OL in the league, but at least they think they got it handled prior to the draft.
CAR’s O line was solid last season - I’d put them around the middle of the NFL pack - and they improved throughout the year where they were good towards the end. It wasn’t their fault that the skill position players were substandard.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 am
Lumps wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:59 am

CAR’s O line was solid last season - I’d put them around the middle of the NFL pack - and they improved throughout the year where they were good towards the end. It wasn’t their fault that the skill position players were substandard.
Not sure what you were watching last year but I disagree on the line play. (62 sacks last season)

I do agree they have issues with the skill position but QB is really hard when the line is that bad. They may improve some this year but they are not winning many games until they can get much better line play.

Scroll down to Tier 7

https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/ ... e-outlook/
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts