2024 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2024 Combine

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:30 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:46 am I heard Williams passed on all the medical and pretty much all aspect of the combine ? if true does this effect him for any teams and as a FF QB?
He said something along the lines that only a few teams can draft him so he'll provide medicals to them. He knows he's going 1.01.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:13 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:46 am I heard Williams passed on all the medical and pretty much all aspect of the combine ? if true does this effect him for any teams and as a FF QB?
I don’t see it. Now if he refuses to be vetted by a team’s doctor before the draft I could see that as a big enough red flag that a team may go a different direction. They’re investing a ton in the kid - and not just financially - and they’re going to want to do as much due diligence as possible, and Williams and his agent have to understand that.

ETA - has anyone heard of anything medically that he’s trying to prevent from being disclosed? My research hasn’t turned up anything chronic at all.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:21 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:30 am
He said something along the lines that only a few teams can draft him so he'll provide medicals to them. He knows he's going 1.01.
Totally agree Staf.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:13 am
DJB wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:24 am So now everyone loves Mitchell after I’ve been touting him all off-season?!?!

He’s been my boy all season so join the bandwagon!
There are a bunch of film vs. production WRs in this class and he's one of them.
Yup, have been coming around on Mitchell. The combine cements him in my top 5
Yeah, I like him as well. Really really like the way he tracks and adjusts himself to poorly thrown balls. Nice build, physical enough. I’d like to see him doing more underneath work to see if he can be a complete receiver. Not saying he can’t do it, he just wasn’t used that way and there’s not much to see how he handles it.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:10 am

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:45 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:20 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:08 pm Xavier Worthy:

4.22 second try

1st round secured
Verified at 4.21 to beat the record
Must be some in incredibly fast D players in the Big 12 because he gets tracked down enough when he’s out in front of DBs or can’t defeat an angle by a LB on returns. He doesn’t play nearly that fast in pads. Put that together with how slight he is and that he’s going to need to learn a lot about the finer points of being a WR at the next level, and he’ll end up drafted by one of my opponents well before he comes up on my board.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:17 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:10 am
ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:45 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:20 pm

4.22 second try

1st round secured
Verified at 4.21 to beat the record
Must be some in incredibly fast D players in the Big 12 because he gets tracked down enough when he’s out in front of DBs or can’t defeat an angle by a LB on returns. He doesn’t play nearly that fast in pads. Put that together with how slight he is and that he’s going to need to learn a lot about the finer points of being a WR at the next level, and he’ll end up drafted by one of my opponents well before he comes up on my board.
Disagree heavily. Worthy is already entering the league at a very solid level from a technical aspect with his routes. His footwork is clean, he leverages different speeds, and he wins inside and outside. He's not a burner trying to masquerade as a WR. I don't think he's as technical as say a Josh Downs, Zay Flowers or Tank Dell coming into the league last year, but still very solid.

He definitely doesn't play 4.21 fast on a football field. But, it doesn't matter much, because he's still freakishly fast even if you adjust for that. The new info that we learned is that he's also freakishly athletic too.

Combine that with one of the better age-adjusted production profiles in this class, and he's got an ideal WR case right now. People are going to focus on the speed now, but his production remains the best reason to draft him for fantasy.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:58 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:13 am

ETA - has anyone heard of anything medically that he’s trying to prevent from being disclosed? My research hasn’t turned up anything chronic at all.
I know for a fact he has suffered from Vaginitis at least 5-6 games over the last 2 seasons.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:35 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:13 am

There are a bunch of film vs. production WRs in this class and he's one of them.
Yup, have been coming around on Mitchell. The combine cements him in my top 5
Yeah, I like him as well. Really really like the way he tracks and adjusts himself to poorly thrown balls. Nice build, physical enough. I’d like to see him doing more underneath work to see if he can be a complete receiver. Not saying he can’t do it, he just wasn’t used that way and there’s not much to see how he handles it.
Yup, body positioning and ball tracking seem like solid strengths of his already. He's got some great hands too; I have been very impressed with a few passes he snagged out of the air. Didn't see him on the underneath stuff because that was Worthy's gig. I'd rather see the mid/deep stuff on a prospect's film anyways and project the short yardage stuff than vice versa. I have my doubts on Worthy for that reason too. Not a good enough route runner from what I have seen and the YAC he did get, could easily vanish in the NFL

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:27 am

I don’t see it. Now if he refuses to be vetted by a team’s doctor before the draft I could see that as a big enough red flag that a team may go a different direction. They’re investing a ton in the kid - and not just financially - and they’re going to want to do as much due diligence as possible, and Williams and his agent have to understand that.

He doesn't have an agent.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:46 am

AZK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:27 am

So he’s already making mistakes and overestimating himself. Good information.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 am

Lots of great stuff coming out of the combine. Watching the rest of the WRs today, but based on what I've seen, and the numbers, guys that improved their stock:

Risers: QB—JJM and Penix; RB—Benson, Wright;WR—Odunze, Worthy, Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey, Pearsall; TE—Johnson.

Whether that's 40 time, broad jump, RAS, gauntlet, whatever.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:51 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:46 am
AZK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:27 am

So he’s already making mistakes and overestimating himself. Good information.
I read somewhere he is allowing top 10 to evaluate him medically, but not every team.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, JT, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 2.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:06 pm

AZK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:46 am
Lumps wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 pm Goodness, Franklin looks horrific in the gauntlet. Maybe the worst I've seen.
Missed it, was it worse than Laquon Treadwell's?
I don’t recall Treadwell’s so I can’t compare.

PFF was using their speed in the gauntlet to try to prove Coleman is fast by comparing him to Franklin. Except the reality was, Franklin was running like 5 MPH slower than the top WRs in the gauntlet and weaving 3 yards each direction while bobbling.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:22 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 am Lots of great stuff coming out of the combine. Watching the rest of the WRs today, but based on what I've seen, and the numbers, guys that improved their stock:

Risers: QB—JJM and Penix; RB—Benson, Wright;WR—Odunze, Worthy, Thomas, Mitchell, McConkey, Pearsall; TE—Johnson.

Whether that's 40 time, broad jump, RAS, gauntlet, whatever.
JJM was a riser? Just on the quick highlights I saw him miss atleast a half dozen throws.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:23 pm

Some changes in my opinions—

1. I've come around on Thomas. I had some red flags, but he is impressive. I won't be picking where he's going, but I really liked what I saw of him in the combine.
2. Odunze vs Bowers. I may have changed my mind with the 1.06 pick in my Superflex TEP. Odunze was so good. He looked smooth, and was so impressive in the drills. I may have to take him over Bowers, even in a TEP (and seek out a TE later, like Johnson, who looked good.)
3. Penix. He throws a nice ball. I was kind of OUT on anyone beyond the top three, but think JJM and Penix can both play well.

Opinions kept—
Totally in on the late 1st early 2nd FF draft WRs in Superflex. Love McConkey, Mitchell, and a bit later, Pearsall.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble