Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm

Brandon Aiyuk who finished behind Michael Pittman and Nico Collin’s deserves this much respect? May I ask why? I like him. I think he is a player to target, but I am not in love like others.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm Brandon Aiyuk who finished behind Michael Pittman and Nico Collin’s deserves this much respect? May I ask why? I like him. I think he is a player to target, but I am not in love like others.
I’ve been on the Aiyuk train since his rookie season. He has always been wildly undervalued, until now. I would not consider him a player to target at this point. He is now being valued where he should be. Maybe even a little too high.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:09 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm Brandon Aiyuk who finished behind Michael Pittman and Nico Collin’s deserves this much respect? May I ask why? I like him. I think he is a player to target, but I am not in love like others.
He probably doesn't, I made it as a joke.

From the other useless "how many WR's in Round 1" thread:
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:11 pm
CGW wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:08 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:56 pm Forum is always dead this time of year. Nothing newsworthy until the combine really
I dunno, Aiyuks brother pretty wacko in the news lately.
Start up another thread!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:49 pm

Aiyuk had more yards and touchdowns than Pittman on 50 less targets. Can we stop with this lazy analysis. It’s 2024.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:59 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:49 pm
Aiyuk had more yards and touchdowns than Pittman on 50 less targets. Can we stop with this lazy analysis. It’s 2024.
There was no analysis, kind of by design, just stating those guys scored more fantasy points in my main league. Neither sniff this degree of market value.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:11 pm

My main dynasty is a full PPR and no weird bonus or anything for WR’s and I’m seeing Aiyuk finished as the WR11 at 264.70 and 17.65 per week.

I see Pittman at WR13(251.80 and 16.79 per week) and Nico at WR16(237.90 and 16.99 per week).

Am I missing something?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:26 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:11 pm
My main dynasty is a full PPR and no weird bonus or anything for WR’s and I’m seeing Aiyuk finished as the WR11 at 264.70 and 17.65 per week.

I see Pittman at WR13(251.80 and 16.79 per week) and Nico at WR16(237.90 and 16.99 per week).

Am I missing something?
Must have some unusual setting or using playoff points.

Regular season through week 18 (no playoffs) total/ppg:
Nico 260.4/17.4
Pittman 250.2/15.6
Aiyuk 249.2/15.6

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports ... t=1&end=18

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:11 am

I am sure each league has them at different spots, more just trying to point out that Aiyuk appears to be valued atleast at the top end of his production and over some others that are a probably a better value. Truly wasn't trying to get all analytically deep. He is just a guy for me is too expensive right now.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:07 am

Aiyuk can be a more explosive player or at least have more explosive opportunities than other players, but at what point does he get the Kittle treatment? The potential is there, but with the current setup in San Fran, it isn’t going to happen.

Meanwhile, cheaper players give you the same (and potentially more consistent) production.

Some may argue, well when he goes to another team that changes…but so will the more explosive opportunities most likely.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:17 pm

I think because Aiyuk has been under-used for years now, due to the amount of weapons in SF.
Having to battle for targets with Deebo, Kittle, CMC, etc, has kept him out of the WR1 level so far.
If he moves to another team, he could easily see 140+ targets/year, as opposed to the roughly 110 targets/year he has been seeing in SF.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:55 am

Harmon has Aiyuk as his #9 dynasty WR and a buy candidate in his RP and is projecting upside from last season for him.

Kcarr716
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kcarr716 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:18 pm

:cry:
Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:43 am
CGW wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 pm Wait, his brother wants him to go to the Raiders and catch passes from AOC?
His brother wants him to get paid the amount someone of his achievements should get paid in the NFL. SF doesn't appear to be willing to pay BA an amount commiserate with his production/ability. Therefore, BA will have to go elsewhere to get paid. Unfortunately, SF is going to drag this out and immorally restrict BA's earning potential just like Irsay tried to do with JT last year. .

Unless SF does the right thing and pays or trades BA, this is going to get uglier before it gets nicer. BA has no reason to accept less money and the injury risk of a one-year deal. IMO, he should not accept less money and all the injury risk of a one-year deal.
Why is it immoral for San Francisco to only pay aiyuk the amount on the contract he signed? Now, if the contract expired and San Fran somehow forced him to keep playing at that price, sure, but while he is under contract it might not be nice but is it really immoral?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:36 am

"I figured if I played well and renegotiate and get more money"

"And if you didn't play well then we could renegotiate and pay you less?"

"Sheet no!...i mean...no"

-Mr. Deeds.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:50 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:36 am "I figured if I played well and renegotiate and get more money"

"And if you didn't play well then we could renegotiate and pay you less?"

"Sheet no!...i mean...no"

-Mr. Deeds.
To get a more complete understanding of how this all works, you may want to read up on the NFL Antitrust Exemption, specifically the exemptions related to labor laws.

Being employed by the NFL isn't the same as being employed by McDonald's. If you're the best burger-flipper around, you can shop your burger-flipping talent to any other fast food restaurants and negotiate a better deal for yourself. Thanks to antitrust exemptions, the NFL is allowed to restrict players' ability to shop around for the best deal. And that in turn allows the NFL to underpay players.

Again, just because it is legal does not make it moral. I stand with any player who exerts every iota of power they can over the league. Hey, it's the American way.
A combination of court-made doctrine and federal statutes exempt certain types of activities that would normally violate federal antitrust law.
Ultimately, the purpose of this exemption seems to be to keep courts and the antitrust laws out of the details of collective bargaining and surrounding activity.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:01 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:50 am Again, just because it is legal does not make it moral. I stand with any player who exerts every iota of power they can over the league.
and you don't find it a bit rich to sign up for an immoral workplace, rake in the dough, and then complain that it's immoral?