Isaiah Davis - South Dakota State RB

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Isaiah Davis - South Dakota State RB

Postby AZK » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:07 am

FCS back with some serious stats to his name. Breaks long runs, hammers TDs and put up some massive rushing numbers. Appears to be a fluid catcher out of the back field too.

I like his game film but find these guys really hard to analyze stepping up into way harder competition. Anybody see anything here is he a dart throw guy or a late round gem?
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Isaiah Davis - South Dakota State RB

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 pm

He’s on my radar after catching the FCS National Championship game. He certainly popped off the screen athletically and his numbers are really good.

Draft capital will ultimately decide where he lands in rookie drafts, but as of now I think he is a 3rd/4th round guy. This being a weaker RB draft class could have him rise quickly if he goes higher in the NFL draft or to an open RB room.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Isaiah Davis - South Dakota State RB

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:35 pm

Not crazy about him at all, and I want to be because I love finding smaller school gems. I don’t see him as being anywhere nearly athletic enough to play in the bigs. You watch him run and wonder if maybe someone is playing a 45 record at 33 rpm. Runs way upright, not a whole lot of wiggle or lateral movement going on. He’s just big, runs N/S relentlessly, and benefits from a great rushing O.

Now watching him team, wow are they aggressive and disciplined. The way his O line opens a seam and then gets into the second and third level is amazing. They engage and their legs just never stop driving. And the receivers just love blocking and are damned good at it. No wonder why this kid put up the numbers he did. For a guy like me who loves watching a well choreographed run game with meat eaters on the line, the film was like a box of twinkies to a fat kid.