Levis vs. the "rest" of the field

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Levis vs. the "rest" of the field

Postby tstafford » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Curious where folks are on Levis vs. the incoming class. After CW, Maye and Daniels, where do you rank Levis?

Said another way - in a devy league which incoming rookie QBs would you take for Levis? (not inc. the above)

FWIW - My answer is none.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Levis vs. the "rest" of the field

Postby yinzername » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:46 pm

Yeah at this point I’m prob Levis before QB4
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:51 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm Curious where folks are on Levis vs. the incoming class. After CW, Maye and Daniels, where do you rank Levis?

Said another way - in a devy league which incoming rookie QBs would you take for Levis? (not inc. the above)

Too early to tell.

Draft capital and landing spot is going to factor into this in a big way.

I can think of a few scenarios where I'd only have CW ahead of him or scenarios where he falls to the 5th QB

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:59 pm

He's definitely behind CW, Maye, and Daniels. Depending on draft capital he's either QB4 or all the way to QB7 (behind Penix, Nix, and even JJM). I'm not super hyped on either of those 3, but wasn't excited about Levis either and while proving he's got arm talent he didn't exactly light it up in 2023.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:51 pm
tstafford wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm Curious where folks are on Levis vs. the incoming class. After CW, Maye and Daniels, where do you rank Levis?

Too early to tell.

Draft capital and landing spot is going to factor into this in a big way.

I can think of a few scenarios where I'd only have CW ahead of him or scenarios where he falls to the 5th QB
I agree with all but the last statement here. I’d want to see where all the QBs go and what coaching staff and surrounding talent they have. I’d swap out Levis for any if the top 3 and up to 4 more of the incoming class dependent on situation. Levis hasn’t shown a whole lot up to the last game against ATL. His future could be as a quality backup.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:08 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:05 pm
I agree with all but the last statement here. I’d want to see where all the QBs go and what coaching staff and surrounding talent they have. I’d swap out Levis for any if the top 3 and up to 4 more of the incoming class dependent on situation. Levis hasn’t shown a whole lot up to the last game against ATL. His future could be as a quality backup.
Definitely possible but that's a possibility for all of the rookie QBs coming, as well.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:13 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:08 pm
Definitely possible but that's a possibility for all of the rookie QBs coming, as well.
I agree completely, but Levis has a NFL resume now and after seeing him in regular season games the jury is still definitely out. If one of the rookies lands in a good spot I’d have no issue with the risk on a reset. I don’t see where Levis has done enough to set himself above that possibility, and that being the case I’d prefer the unknown.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:13 pm
I agree completely, but Levis has a NFL resume now and after seeing him in regular season games the jury is still definitely out. If one of the rookies lands in a good spot I’d have no issue with the risk on a reset. I don’t see where Levis has done enough to set himself above that possibility, and that being the case I’d prefer the unknown.
Hmm, I thought he was pretty impressive given the circumstances.

Still has a lot to clean up but showcased some elite arm talent coupled with the ability to throw to all quadrants of the field.

This O-line was catastrophically bad. Tannehill had the worst sack% of his career and Levis noticeablly outplayed him as a rookie.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:55 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:37 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:13 pm

Hmm, I thought he was pretty impressive given the circumstances.

Still has a lot to clean up but showcased some elite arm talent coupled with the ability to throw to all quadrants of the field.

This O-line was catastrophically bad. Tannehill had the worst sack% of his career and Levis noticeablly outplayed him as a rookie.
I think he can play in the league. I don’t know if I see enough that he shoehorns himself into a starting job for the next dozen years. There are holes in his game and no one knows if he’ll fill them. I see the worst completion rate of any starter in the league (astoundingly worse than Young) the 5th worst TD percentage and the 3rd worst success rate.

He was just a rookie in a poor spot so it’s not fair to expect him to even hit league average numbers, but some of that stuff is so low that it’s indicative of a guy who won’t hold a starting spot. Like I said previously, I’d be willing to roll the dice on reseting if I can get favorable circumstances on the unknown replacement. And I’m a guy who believes that QBs need a few years of seasoning before they can get a fair assessment, but some of those numbers - holy moley.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:16 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:55 pm
I think he can play in the league. I don’t know if I see enough that he shoehorns himself into a starting job for the next dozen years. There are holes in his game and no one knows if he’ll fill them. I see the worst completion rate of any starter in the league (astoundingly worse than Young) the 5th worst TD percentage and the 3rd worst success rate.

He was just a rookie in a poor spot so it’s not fair to expect him to even hit league average numbers, but some of that stuff is so low that it’s indicative of a guy who won’t hold a starting spot. Like I said previously, I’d be willing to roll the dice on reseting if I can get favorable circumstances on the unknown replacement. And I’m a guy who believes that QBs need a few years of seasoning before they can get a fair assessment, but some of those numbers - holy moley.
I believe it really just comes down to preference as I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said.

A lot of how you look at him will depend on how you view Tannehill. I personally believe he's an above average QB that's shown the ability to play at a high level when given a sufficiently good situation; So the fact that he noticeablly outplayed him is a positive indicator for me.

To put into perspective how bad these tackles were at pass protection, Tannehill's sack percentage of 12.2% is 4.2% higher than his career average of 8%. Watching the games they were repeatedly blown by game after game. The interior O-line held out pretty well but these QBs had very little chance. This is in stark contrast to Bryce Young's O-line (that many people have tried to scapegoat as the worst in the NFL) where Andy Dalton's 5% sack percentage is actually lower than his career average of 6%.

Now, it's possible that Tannehill's age cliff has come at 35 but I'd be surprised if he didn't have couple years of decent QB play left.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:53 pm

I thought Levis showed well his rookie year. I wouldn't take too much into his completion percentage, he did have some bad games, along with average to decent games. He wasn't looking to complete short passes to boost his completion percentage, he was slinging the ball all over the field to piss poor pass catchers.

Levis is currently ranked QB20 on KTC. CW and Maye are likely top 5 draft selections and should be ranked ahead of Levis. Daniels is a bit of a wildcard, but I doubt he will be ranked ahead of Levis. I don't see any other QB being ranked in the top 32.

Between Levis and Daniels, give me the QB with plus athleticism and elite arm talent, over the the highly athletic thin QB with questionable arm talent and accuracy

So Levis should be 3rd ranked with this class.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:05 pm

Yall did see what Tennessee has in talent ? Very very little , I like what I saw on one of the worst teams if not the worst team in the league
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:11 am

Levi’s has the skills. Sometimes everyone needs to wait. I’m not a Levis fan and don’t own any shares but not all QBs should be measured in a half year and an outgoing HC and staff. 2024 will show me a lot more.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:25 am

TheTroll wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:11 amLevi’s has the skills. Sometimes everyone needs to wait. I’m not a Levis fan and don’t own any shares but not all QBs should be measured in a half year and an outgoing HC and staff. 2024 will show me a lot more.
I agree 2024 will show us more. OTOH, I've seen enough to say Levis will have to turn into Love before I'm willing to believe in his ability. What I saw reminded me more of Lock than a young QB who can grow into a 10-year serviceable QB. I think Tennessee will be looking for a new QB next off season. If management is smart, they'll be looking this off season.

I understand holding Levis in SF, because there probably isn't much of a market for him and any QB assumed to be a week 1 starter is valuable in SF. But no SF owner should count on Levis being the starter in week 1 of 2025. I don't think he has the skill.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:29 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:05 pm Yall did see what Tennessee has in talent ? Very very little , I like what I saw on one of the worst teams if not the worst team in the league
Nope - absolutely not the worst team.