KTC

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

KTC

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:52 pm

I didn't see a thread started on this. Can somebody explain to me how KTC works, and how you all are using it? All opinions and advice are appreciated here. I feel like I'm missing out on valuable information or not using it right. I also can't seem to create my own KTC polls to see what people might think, between three players. THANKS!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: KTC

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:04 pm

Every time you visit KTC, they give you a list of three players and you rank them: one to keep, one to trade, one to cut. It’s a way to crowdsource rankings to get a feel of where the market is at on players. With millions of FF players visiting and ranking, you get a feel for market value. The problem is two fold. First, the nomenclature is confusing. They want you to rank the most valuable player as keep, the second most valuable as trade, and the third most valuable as cut. However, not everyone interprets it that way. Also, you can make 15 3rds = Mahomes. They try to compensate for it, but the system isn’t perfect. There is also an issue because you have to rank three players before you can use the Trade calc. Some people don’t pay attention and just hit three random buttons so they can skip and get to trade calc.

Overall, I use it as a reference/ sanity check. But I don’t treat it as gospel.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:04 pm Every time you visit KTC, they give you a list of three players and you rank them: one to keep, one to trade, one to cut. It’s a way to crowdsource rankings to get a feel of where the market is at on players. With millions of FF players visiting and ranking, you get a feel for market value. The problem is two fold. First, the nomenclature is confusing. They want you to rank the most valuable player as keep, the second most valuable as trade, and the third most valuable as cut. However, not everyone interprets it that way. Also, you can make 15 3rds = Mahomes. They try to compensate for it, but the system isn’t perfect. There is also an issue because you have to rank three players before you can use the Trade calc. Some people don’t pay attention and just hit three random buttons so they can skip and get to trade calc.

Okay, cool. How do you use it? I visit several different sites, each one for different reasons, starting HERE.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm

The rankings are a decent enough way to get a pulse on how the market values a specific player. It's reactionary in the same way dynasty players are. But I think using it as a trade calculator is a bit off.
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB- Dowdle, Mitchell
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:39 pm

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:25 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:16 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:04 pm Every time you visit KTC, they give you a list of three players and you rank them: one to keep, one to trade, one to cut. It’s a way to crowdsource rankings to get a feel of where the market is at on players. With millions of FF players visiting and ranking, you get a feel for market value. The problem is two fold. First, the nomenclature is confusing. They want you to rank the most valuable player as keep, the second most valuable as trade, and the third most valuable as cut. However, not everyone interprets it that way. Also, you can make 15 3rds = Mahomes. They try to compensate for it, but the system isn’t perfect. There is also an issue because you have to rank three players before you can use the Trade calc. Some people don’t pay attention and just hit three random buttons so they can skip and get to trade calc.

Okay, cool. How do you use it? I visit several different sites, each one for different reasons, starting HERE.
I use it to get a ballpark on what I can buy or trade a player for. If there is a player that I want to buy, I type them into the trade calc and then check to see what assets I have that will get me close in value. If there is a player I’m thinking about moving off of, I type them in to see what return to expect. You have to use some common sense to filter through the results. But I find it’s a good starting point.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:59 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:25 pm

I use it to get a ballpark on what I can buy or trade a player for. If there is a player that I want to buy, I type them into the trade calc and then check to see what assets I have that will get me close in value. If there is a player I’m thinking about moving off of, I type them in to see what return to expect. You have to use some common sense to filter through the results. But I find it’s a good starting point.
Thanks, appreciate that. Makes sense.

Can you set up your OWN three players? How does that work?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:01 pm

If you want to know how the community is ranking a select few players, enter them into the trade calc and see the values that come up for each.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:13 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:59 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:25 pm

Thanks, appreciate that. Makes sense.

Can you set up your OWN three players? How does that work?
I don’t think you can set up a poll with your own 3 players. I think the polls are all generated by the KTC algorithm, but I could be wrong.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:34 pm

Keep in mind the valuations on KTC assume only 7 starters. At this time, there's no way to adjust for the deeper leagues most of us in the dynasty world play in. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but WR24 is much more valuable in a start 4WR league with 2 flex spots than the values KTC will show.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:40 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:34 pm Keep in mind the valuations on KTC assume only 7 starters. At this time, there's no way to adjust for the deeper leagues most of us in the dynasty world play in. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but WR24 is much more valuable in a start 4WR league with 2 flex spots than the values KTC will show.
Very sage advice here, and I'll add on:

It assumes a 12 team league, and you can't change that either. So, bear in mind that:

- Positional scarcity will drive/depress the value if you've got a bigger/smaller league and/or different starting requirements, but won't be reflected here on KTC
- When using the calculator, understand that 2.07 actually means the 19th overall pick, not the 17th - and it gets further exacerbated the deeper you go. Soooo... use that/be wary of that as you see fit.

ie. adding a "Late 3rd" as a throw in to make a trade "work" for a 10 team league means you're actually sending an early-mid 4th in real terms

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 pm

The last couple times I’ve pulled it up, even the comparison players it prompts you with were completely off/weird.

Today I had to rank Josh Allen, Trequan Smith, and Andy Dalton.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:26 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:01 pm If you want to know how the community is ranking a select few players, enter them into the trade calc and see the values that come up for each.
Cool. Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:26 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:34 pm Keep in mind the valuations on KTC assume only 7 starters. At this time, there's no way to adjust for the deeper leagues most of us in the dynasty world play in. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but WR24 is much more valuable in a start 4WR league with 2 flex spots than the values KTC will show.
Thanks for that.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:40 pm
Very sage advice here, and I'll add on:

It assumes a 12 team league, and you can't change that either. So, bear in mind that:

- Positional scarcity will drive/depress the value if you've got a bigger/smaller league and/or different starting requirements, but won't be reflected here on KTC
- When using the calculator, understand that 2.07 actually means the 19th overall pick, not the 17th - and it gets further exacerbated the deeper you go. Soooo... use that/be wary of that as you see fit.

ie. adding a "Late 3rd" as a throw in to make a trade "work" for a 10 team league means you're actually sending an early-mid 4th in real terms
Awesome. Thanks for the clarity.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: