SF team building advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Peener
Role Player
Role Player

SF team building advice

Postby Peener » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:29 am

I'm basing this off my own team 4 in my sig (Start 10 O/11 IDP) but also just lookin for general team-building advice.

Severely lacking a good WR core. Decent starting QB/RB but no depth.

Notable picks: 1.03/1.10/1.11/2.03/2.11

What do you do here? Go Nabers early and try to trade for a 3rd QB? Lock in Daniels/Maye at 1.03 for a solid QB core and aim to build WR over the next year or 2? I keep going back and forth between ideas so looking for some advice.

Thanks.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: SF team building advice

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:39 am

I’m not seeing the need to trade for a “3rd QB”. You’re thin at rb and wr so why would you be trading assets for a 3rd qb you’ll hopefully have to never start.

Nabers or a QB at 1.03 probably.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 am

Its a year 2 league so there's no real out-and-out favorite. I was talking something like trading for any startable cheap QB if things went well but either way, I hear your point. Do you have a preference between Nabers/QB at 1.03 for this team?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 am

Peener wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 am Its a year 2 league so there's no real out-and-out favorite. I was talking something like trading for any startable cheap QB if things went well but either way, I hear your point. Do you have a preference between Nabers/QB at 1.03 for this team?
Not really. At this point you just need to draft good players and hit on your picks. So just go with whatever player you feel most confident in I would say.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:31 am

id take nabers and then just hammer wr and rb and look to compete. trade picks for proven talent if you dont wanna bank on rookie production. could probably add some combo of adams/keenan/hopkins/kupp/deebo/evans/cooper/kirk/ridley for those 2nds and something small for example and then you would be a top flight competitor right away.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:33 am

I would draft for value with the lean to WR. No need to force any picks, but outside of QB, I look to build around WR's in any format and fill in from there. WR's seem to hold their value the best over the other positions outside of QB and last longer in a general broad sense than RBs. RBs are up and down year to year and see crazy market swings. Draft for value and trade for need but a good to great WR core goes a long way in dynasty to keep a team competing.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:13 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:31 am id take nabers and then just hammer wr and rb and look to compete. trade picks for proven talent if you dont wanna bank on rookie production. could probably add some combo of adams/keenan/hopkins/kupp/deebo/evans/cooper/kirk/ridley for those 2nds and something small for example and then you would be a top flight competitor right away.
I agree with Ross here. That pick could fill your roster with the guys he mentioned and make you a serious contender immediately. If you win, you are playing with house money for the next 10 years.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Postby joshuawrobbins » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:52 pm

I would take Daniels at the 1.03. It's tough to argue taking Nabers but if you want to add a third QB, you are in a great spot to do so. I would look to trade White for a late first and take a wide receiver there that falls to you. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Bijan for a young stud at wideout. Think Garrett Wilson or Amon Ra. That will give you a nice core to build around and then you can fill in the RB depth next year when you are closer to competing.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:26 pm

joshuawrobbins wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:52 pm I would take Daniels at the 1.03. It's tough to argue taking Nabers but if you want to add a third QB, you are in a great spot to do so. I would look to trade White for a late first and take a wide receiver there that falls to you. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Bijan for a young stud at wideout. Think Garrett Wilson or Amon Ra. That will give you a nice core to build around and then you can fill in the RB depth next year when you are closer to competing.
Interesting to see the other side being argued. I like the idea. The only issue is I've been trying to sell White for a bit now, noone is biting for a first. Also trying to keep Bijan as its the only share I have. Making me lean towards Nabers and the other strat but it's a tough decision. Thank you for the input, all!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:28 pm

Nabers. Then hammer WR/RB. Maybe a QB falls later, but take Nabers.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:20 pm

I'm taking the QB at 3 most likely, but I want to avoid any really gross landing spots. WRs are easier to find and there are usually a good few in every draft class. Guys like Jayden Reed are late gems. Not many QBs at those draft spots... maybe an Aidan O'COnnell but those types are hard to rely on long term.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:02 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:31 am id take nabers and then just hammer wr and rb and look to compete. trade picks for proven talent if you dont wanna bank on rookie production. could probably add some combo of adams/keenan/hopkins/kupp/deebo/evans/cooper/kirk/ridley for those 2nds and something small for example and then you would be a top flight competitor right away.
Absolutely solid advice here.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:18 am

QB at 1.03. I like Nabers a lot, but this is a good QB class and in SF a QB will be the BPA at 1.03. QBs are also the most tradeable commodity.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:21 am

collbey wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:18 am QB at 1.03. I like Nabers a lot, but this is a good QB class and in SF a QB will be the BPA at 1.03. QBs are also the most tradeable commodity.
I said Nabers at first, but if you believe in Maye/Daniels this is the year to have multiple late 1st / early 2nd picks to grab WRs. The second tier of WRs may be 8-11 players deep.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble